Reply 51: Philosophy.
An Interesting Idea...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khalida Nyoka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:30 am
To start off, I am not saying who is right and who is not. That said...

Monotheism. When I say monotheism, I know many people immediately think of the big three: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. When looking this over, try and keep some of their ideas in mind.

In particular, I would like to contrast to opposing ideas.

The first Idea I'll throw out for discussion is: Worshipping the God, as it will affect your life now, and your afterlife. In other words, don't anger the big guy.

The Second idea: Devil Worship. In particular, I'll bring up the Yezidi devil worshippers. They believe in a God in heaven, and in an afterlife. However, their belief is that God is all forgiving, and they will be redeemed after death. As a result, they worship the "Infernal Powers." They feel that it is the "Devil" who runs this earthly life, and as such if you want a good life, you better be on his side.

What are your thoughts on these two similar, yet very different, approaches to life?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:50 pm
I would see them as parents and teachers. In the first case, worshiping the unique God and making everything to please him reminds me of what children of severe parents would do in order to please the parent and stay in their grace. Also, to absolutely follow, trust, love someone or something with that much fervent belief, there is an angle of fear to take in consideration. Pure and total blind respect comes out of fear, at one point or at another. But without fear, there is no respect.

As for the second type, the ppl who worship the devil in their earth lives and trust the loving god, I see that as kids in school. During school days, they do attempt to please their teachers and ask them favors, or education. The devil puts humans through hard challenges in order to train them, to teach them the value of the "light" - to fully appreciate and know in their hearts what is that that Loving God's love and attention towards humans. A teacher will push a student as far as possible so that the student can go through the test and have a A+ grade to bring back to the parent who'll stick it on the fridge and be proud of the kid.

I personally having the experience of having gone through a bad experience, and then know light and love and richness 100 times bigger and deeper than before, I do thank my "rebel angel, my demon" for putting me through that tiny hell I've been through, so I could fully appreciate easy comfort and give out even more to the others - thus, really growing up in my soul - being more wise and experienced.

That is my opinion  

Ailime

esima sama

Questionable Informer

9,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:53 am
there is also Pascals wager to consider when comparing these two ideas. Pascal said that if you live a life full of "sin" and there is a god who will punish you as Christians belive, you have lost and your loss is eternaal damnation. however, if you life a life "virtusly" and there is no god, then you perhaps have missed out on some of the pleasures of life, but erred on the side of safety. the odds are 50/50 but the stakes ore not. Pascal basicly is saying that it is less of a gamble to belive in a "just god" because you have much to lose if you don't and you are wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:44 am
ok here i go. i do and dont believe in the god thing. i do cuz i was raised on religion. i dont cuz there's ghosts and no proof of "god" or the "devil". if u believe in god.-THE I DO PART- or if u dont it doesnt matter, if there is then he should forgive u no matter what cuz isnt that y "jesus" died, to forgive us for our sins? and lucifer... light bringer converted to latin is lucifer. hes not bad i mean he had and or wanted to rebel against god cuz without evil there cannot be good and so he is a good fallen angel and if he was evil he wont punish us he'd reward us for rebelling against god. that is if god isnt the merciful god everyone said cuz we wouldnt have to be n pain.-THE I DONT PART- if god or the devil takes all the souls then y are there ghost? and also why havent they shown themselves to us? are they afraid of what we might do? are they disgusted by us? NO! cuz they know everything and "god" sapposively created us in his image which means hes knows us better then.. well us lol....yeah well thats what i think and i thank u for baring with me and reading what i wrote.  

The Winged Guardian

Generous Friend

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

CheKage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 am
Hmmm.....
This debate is slowly diving into a fight...
Anyway, check the topics about the Matrix.
You will want to check them out.  
51: Philosophy.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff