Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
When girly is just too much... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Person counter
+1
100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

Par Exemple

IRL Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:45 pm
I'm really not a big fan of overly girly girly stuff. And I am aware of the irony that I'm writing in pink. And I do like how they have articles that don't fit the normal image of girls (Like the sports or video game stuff... even though I won't read those) But every so often they come out with the uber-cutesy pink stars and sunshine with kittens stuff that is blinding. Too much make-up too much pastels... There's a reason I avoid teeny-bopper magazines.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:33 pm
I agree with that  

PyroGothica

4,675 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:22 pm
User Image true, true. They should put in a few other things like activities, or better pictures.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:04 pm
Yeah.. those girly articles are quite annoying.

Because, I'm surprisingly not at all girly. I just love shojo...  

writerserenyty

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:24 pm
writerserenyty
Yeah.. those girly articles are quite annoying.

Because, I'm surprisingly not at all girly. I just love shojo...

So true for me
=]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:14 pm
I think Shojo Beat overdoses on the fashion pages too. I'd like to see more stuff like the Yoga article or the writer's one. To be honest, I think the video game article would have been better if it hadn't focused on character fashions... maybe they should have talked about how Nintendo more frequenly tried to produce games for all audiences as opposed to Sony or Xbox, who market at guys 18-24. In all honesty, I rarely buy anything like clothes, makeup, or accessories and I've never shopped at a thrift store... so the super girly articles never appeal to me.  

Mira_Russ

Nana Doll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:13 pm
Raven_Demon_Assasin
I'm really not a big fan of overly girly girly stuff. And I am aware of the irony that I'm writing in pink. And I do like how they have articles that don't fit the normal image of girls (Like the sports or video game stuff... even though I won't read those) But every so often they come out with the uber-cutesy pink stars and sunshine with kittens stuff that is blinding. Too much make-up too much pastels... There's a reason I avoid teeny-bopper magazines.

I agree with that 100%  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:07 pm
i think they just need to find a good balance.... like let's talk about the group of gamer girls known as... darn... what was their name? *bangs head* i think shonen jump mentioned them once....

but we need more articles about girl power and girls doing the guy stuff too.... because we are complex creatures and need a bit more than: "duh... like makeup is like totally the like awesomest!"  

sakara maxter

Fuka the great

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 pm
wow you have clearly never read a Japanese Shojo Magazine have you?

Shojo beat at it's girliest has nothing on what some of those can pull off when I say Girl I mean bright pink sparkles glitter adds for lip gloss and stuffed kitties.. trust me the girl is under control.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 am
Well....they do have articles corresponding to Japanese holidays, foods, and places. Those are fun....but other than that, I kinda just read it for the manga. sweatdrop  

GirlNamedSpider

Lonely Humorist

26,265 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:29 pm
*sigh* Yes, the girly stuff is annoying, but I suppouse in a girl's magazine they'll really push the girl stuff. No matter how annoying it is.

I wish they'd focus on the anime and manga stuff more than just random girl stuff. Sometimes (Well rarely) Shojo Beat has girly stuff that has nothing to do with Japan or the manga. And that just makes me sort of sigh.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:49 am
But we must ask ourselves, does it stop us from buying the magazine?

NO MA'AM! mrgreen  

GirlNamedSpider

Lonely Humorist

26,265 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Pnkgreensktle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:26 am
I totally agree with what you're saying!!
There should be more variety between the sexes...
lmao

GirlNamedSpider-Darn right it doesn't make us stop buying the magazine!!
lolz
xp
_Davie_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:37 pm
i know. shojo beat needs more blood in it. LIKE VAMPIRE KNIGHT!!!! blaugh  

LovelyAdversity

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:24 am
Fuka the great
wow you have clearly never read a Japanese Shojo Magazine have you?

Shojo beat at it's girliest has nothing on what some of those can pull off when I say Girl I mean bright pink sparkles glitter adds for lip gloss and stuffed kitties.. trust me the girl is under control.

Ha yeah, pretty much. Even the shoujo magazine aimed at grade schoolers (e.g., Ribon) is brimming with ads for lip gloss and whatnot. "Girly things," if you will.

And really, if these "mainstream," fashion ads/articles are drawing in more readers who would otherwise brush off the magazine completely, I don't mind.  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games