Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
First thing you do? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's the first thing you do after installing an expansion pack?
  Create a new Sim/family
  Check out the new clothing
  Read the item descriptions
  View the new objects
  Go straight into gameplay
  Other (lets us know, will ya?)
View Results

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:41 pm
I was just wondering what everybody else does first after they install an EP? I usually load up a house just so that I can go through the buy and build catalogues and read all of the new item descriptions. I love the Vroom! race car bedroom set descriptions in Seasons. Then I usually load CAS to view all of the new clothing and then finally I load a house to actually play the game!
So what do all of you do?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:17 pm
i do that but i love to read the booklet that comes with it .... kinda a habit xd 3nodding

heart I have a Sims2 addiction heart

lilyukina32784

3,150 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 pm
I hunt down all the new objects and check out the new build features. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:59 pm
[User Image]

i usually make a new family in the new neighborhood included with the EP and check out all the new stuff.
    and i also flip through the booklet ^^

i can't waaiit until i get seasons!! but it sucks 'cuz it comes on tuesday but my windows is at my mom's so i won't be able to play it until next weekend ]:

`R a i n b o w

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:52 am
I flip through the booklet to find out what I can do, then I try the first thing that looks fun and quick at the same time. For Seasons it was the weather so I picked a sim with a lot of aspiration points and made them get a weather control thing so it would snow.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:01 am
Just last night I finally bought myself Open For Business (I know, I'm really behind with the EPs), and the first thing I did was read the booklet. This EP is kind of confusing. sweatdrop

Once I'd actually installed the game and everything, though, I played one of the OFB families, to see how the business thing worked. I'm still fairly confused about everything, but I'm slowly figuring things out.  

Siren Silence

Fanatical Phantom

15,250 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:10 pm
I read the booklet before installing the game. My mates always complain and tell me I shouldn't read the booklets/game manuals and that I should work stuff out on my own. I just ignore them.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:33 am
I usually just start to play and start trying all the new things out. I rarely read the booklets unless I'm totally confused with some controls or something. I'm one of the persons who tries first and then when things aren't working, starts to read the manual. whee  

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Pyuchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:58 am
Create a Sim that I can play using the new stuff of the expansion pack...oh, and I download houses and stuff that I can get with the new EP!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:54 am
While the game is installing, I always read the game manual to see what new stuff I can do. Then I open an existing family and test everything out. I can't wait until I get seasons! mrgreen  

Captain Jenocidal

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:42 am
Like her, I read the booklet while it's installing. Then when it's done I go through and see what custom content I have to uninstall. Then straight to CAS. I love clothing. Then I go to MTS2 to pick up more stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:49 am
I usually look at the booklet during the ride home from the store. Then I install it as soon as I get home and once that's done, I make a new family (usually only one sim) and try everything new.  

Canadian Ballerina

minaflower71

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:20 am
lilyukina32784
i do that but i love to read the booklet that comes with it .... kinda a habit xd 3nodding

heart I have a Sims2 addiction heart

Yeah..i read the booklet too first  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:48 am
I read the booklet, then go onto bodyshop to see if any new clothing and hairstyles would make decent cosplay sims, then actually play it!  

Osaka In Wonderland

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:12 pm
Usually, I go through clothes and items, but with seasons, I went straight to playing.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff