Submit

I like eclipses.
  That's nice, Veru.
  Me too! Me too!
View Results

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 am
So, who else was in the right part of the world to see the lunar eclipse? Who else rushed out late at night to gawk?

Your darling Veru had a gig in a pub when it happened. We all took turns slipping off the stage or away from the bar to gape at the moon as it darkened to a sort of bruiselike purple. Very eerie. But pretty too, in a spooky sort of way.

I'm really glad the weather was so clear. It was raining like mad a couple days ago and it's raining like mad again now, but for one glorious night, we got a cold, clear sky and a fabulous view.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:51 am
it was quite beautiful i must say...  

Resurrekt

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:57 am
Ah! I don't think I was in the right place to see it! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:57 am
i saw it last nite....it was really cool redish purple color... i didnt see the whole thing though, from where i live we could see it right after it was starting to tur light on the bottom again....but it was really awsome  

rosalind_spencer

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:25 pm
I was so tired after working 10-11 hours that I missed it. I had to get up early again to walk 20 kilometers with my dad. (we are training for the Nijmegen 4 day march, which is 40 kilometers a day)

We also walked it last year but it got cancelled after the first day due to the high temperature. It killed 2 people. 32 degrees celcius in the burning hot sun, a nitemare for every living thing on the planet!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:35 pm
I was on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean. I never got to see it gonk  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:23 pm
When I kept looking out it was unbeliveably bright, right into the night, muchly pretty but I didn't see any colour changing sad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:00 pm
*sniffles* I missed it because I didn't know it was happening to begin with. -_-* Though I'm not sure I would have been able to see it even if I had known. 0o;  

lurichan
Vice Captain

[x] C L I C K !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:13 pm
*Sniffles.*
I missed it too!

@Lurichan- Same thing happened to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:15 pm
lurichan
*sniffles* I missed it because I didn't know it was happening to begin with. -_-* Though I'm not sure I would have been able to see it even if I had known. 0o;

I heard that it was partial in the eastern US (a couple of LJ friends posted pictures!) and total in Britain and western Europe.

Very pretty. First reddish, then purplish, then almost bluish, and then the shadow began to pass and the bright white slowly returned. We had a really lovely show of colours here in Norfolk!  

Veruniel
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:16 pm
Veruniel
lurichan

I heard that it was partial in the eastern US (a couple of LJ friends posted pictures!) and total in Britain and western Europe.

Very pretty. First reddish, then purplish, then almost bluish, and then the shadow began to pass and the bright white slowly returned. We had a really lovely show of colours here in Norfolk!

Awwwww...I live in central US... so I doubt I would have been able to see much of anything... All well, if you could post a few pictures it would be much appreciated. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:14 pm
lurichan
Veruniel
lurichan

Awwwww...I live in central US... so I doubt I would have been able to see much of anything... All well, if you could post a few pictures it would be much appreciated. 3nodding

us central US ppl always miss out sad i wanna see pics too..i haven't seen a total eclipse since i was in gradeschool sad  

ketchakik

The_Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:25 pm
Aww, I was in the West side of the US. *tear* crying  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:12 am
I saw it (from England)! It went a really cool dark red colour.  

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100

tears_of_blood_452

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:10 pm
Yeah I was kinda on the other side of the planet.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff