Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I saw this in the hallway of the university LIBRARY! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookies...
are delicious!
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
are okay...*grabs one*
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Give me your soul!
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 34

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm
There was a sign on the wall that said: "Here 2 pleaze & sevre u"

That is something I NEVER want to see again! What do you all think?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:14 pm
Eh...was it library sponsored? My library, for instance, has bulliten boards where anyone can post things. The library has no responsibility for or control of these boards. Now, if this was actually a library sponsored message, that would be pretty poor indeed.  

Niccea Majeare

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:20 pm
The sorrow I feel in my soul has caused it to go into convulsions...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:22 pm
Niccea Majeare
Eh...was it library sponsored? My library, for instance, has bulliten boards where anyone can post things. The library has no responsibility for or control of these boards. Now, if this was actually a library sponsored message, that would be pretty poor indeed.

Yes, it was library sponsored. I feel my soul disappearing.  

Patron with a Mission

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:08 pm
dameonmac5918
Niccea Majeare

Ok now we can dispair. But I get to dispair more than you because I work at a University Library  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:29 pm
Niccea Majeare
dameonmac5918
Niccea Majeare

Ok now we can dispair. But I get to dispair more than you because I work at a University Library

Really? So do I! I'm a writing tutor there.  

Patron with a Mission

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm
I'm a student teacher... does that count?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:37 pm
I'm a circ person. I checkout the books. I'm actually working in the Children's section right now. Normally web browsing is not allowed, but I have no supervisors in this department.  

Niccea Majeare

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:39 pm
Oh, nice. I'm grading ACT tests at the moment, but we've got a week long break, because most of us haven't had any sleep. I've had to get my twin sister on for me... (Who is EXACTLY like me. She works with me as well.)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:42 pm
I'm happy to know other people who work in libraries. ^.^  

Patron with a Mission

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:44 pm
I'm only working here because it was teh only on campus job that had flexible hours. And the fact that I can do homework. It isn't the best paying job around, but it gets the textbooks paid.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:46 pm
That is true. My job pays for the dorms and books, but I have to put in overtime. And around this time, a lot of students needing correction come in. sweatdrop I'm happy to help them.  

Patron with a Mission

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:51 pm
Yeah...I bet. I never go to the writing help lab in my school. I have a good reason. My teacher gave me a B- on a paper that I got edited there. When I changed it back to my original work before the corrections (more or less. I used more finesse), she raised my grade  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:57 pm
Wow...that's unusual. When I help people, they come back with raised grades with at least 5 points or more. Ah, well.  

Patron with a Mission

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:19 pm
Yeah...I just give my paper to a**l retentive friends now...  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff