Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Witch Expansion Pack should i get

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Witch one should i get?
Night life
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Seasons
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Universty
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
open for bissness
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
pets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm
There are a lot of extra packs,witch one should i buy?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:19 am
It totally depends on what you want. All of the expansion packs will add new content to the game, it just depends on which type of content you want. All of them come with approximately two new furniture sets and either one new big gameplay change or a special new type of object, or both.

-Nightlife comes with very modern furniture sets, club atmosphere type stuff. It comes with DJ turn tables and cars (which you can WooHoo in and save you the trouble of having to call taxis every time you want to go somewhere, but don't do too much else other than look pretty). The major new gameplay addition is that you can go on dates and go on outings with friends which can be very fun. It's like a mini game where different interractions will get you "points" on your way to a dream date.

-University comes with medieval object and very cheap objects (like couches all duct taped up). The major new gameplay thing is, obviously, being able to go to university. It's very different from normal Sims because there's so little responsibility. You can get passing grades very easily and since you don't have a family to take care of or anything, you can really let loose and party and have lots of fun concentrating on just one Sim.

-Pets comes with pets, obviously. That's the major new item. I was actually a bit disappointed in it and how few things you can do with your pets. I often just don't even bother getting one. But a lot of people find them really cute and love having them. The new objects are mostly sci-fi futuristic. This one is the only expansion pack so far, I think, that doesn't come with any new hair or clothes.

-Open For Business comes with businesses. Those can be really fun and actually add some challenge to the game. I forget what the new object sets for this one are, I'm afraid. The new object is the work tables. There are three of them, allowing you to make flowers, robots, and toys. These are quite a few new items that I actually really enjoy (the flowers and toys especially, kids' roms look so barren with just a dollhouse and toy chest).

-Seasons comes with two object sets - a "tiki" set (touristic polynesian theme) and a country home sort of set (think farmers). There are new careers, which we haven't had since University. The main new feature is seasons (duh), but there's also farming and fishing - both of which I personally find extremely fun.

Please note that all of these are from memory. I play the game with all of the items and I forget which come from which expansions.

But yeah, it basically just depends on what you want for your game. If you like the dating / choosing a spouse / going out with friends sort of stuff, Night Life is best. If you enjoy going to University and just partying all the time and eating pizza, go with University. If you think that a Sim family just isn't complete without pets, buy Pets. And so forth. No one can tell you what you will like wink

If you have any more questions, though, please do feel free to ask.  

Kukushka

someboyishere2
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:40 pm
Akhakhu
It totally depends on what you want. All of the expansion packs will add new content to the game, it just depends on which type of content you want. All of them come with approximately two new furniture sets and either one new big gameplay change or a special new type of object, or both.

-Nightlife comes with very modern furniture sets, club atmosphere type stuff. It comes with DJ turn tables and cars (which you can WooHoo in and save you the trouble of having to call taxis every time you want to go somewhere, but don't do too much else other than look pretty). The major new gameplay addition is that you can go on dates and go on outings with friends which can be very fun. It's like a mini game where different interractions will get you "points" on your way to a dream date.

-University comes with medieval object and very cheap objects (like couches all duct taped up). The major new gameplay thing is, obviously, being able to go to university. It's very different from normal Sims because there's so little responsibility. You can get passing grades very easily and since you don't have a family to take care of or anything, you can really let loose and party and have lots of fun concentrating on just one Sim.

-Pets comes with pets, obviously. That's the major new item. I was actually a bit disappointed in it and how few things you can do with your pets. I often just don't even bother getting one. But a lot of people find them really cute and love having them. The new objects are mostly sci-fi futuristic. This one is the only expansion pack so far, I think, that doesn't come with any new hair or clothes.

-Open For Business comes with businesses. Those can be really fun and actually add some challenge to the game. I forget what the new object sets for this one are, I'm afraid. The new object is the work tables. There are three of them, allowing you to make flowers, robots, and toys. These are quite a few new items that I actually really enjoy (the flowers and toys especially, kids' roms look so barren with just a dollhouse and toy chest).

-Seasons comes with two object sets - a "tiki" set (touristic polynesian theme) and a country home sort of set (think farmers). There are new careers, which we haven't had since University. The main new feature is seasons (duh), but there's also farming and fishing - both of which I personally find extremely fun.

Please note that all of these are from memory. I play the game with all of the items and I forget which come from which expansions.

But yeah, it basically just depends on what you want for your game. If you like the dating / choosing a spouse / going out with friends sort of stuff, Night Life is best. If you enjoy going to University and just partying all the time and eating pizza, go with University. If you think that a Sim family just isn't complete without pets, buy Pets. And so forth. No one can tell you what you will like wink

Ok thanks,i thinking between open for business or seasons, or University  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:44 pm
someboyishere2
Akhakhu

Ok thanks,i thinking between open for business or seasons, or University

Ok i am getting Open for business,thanks for the help  

someboyishere2
Crew

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out