Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
some questions about seasons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:37 pm
[User Image]

okay, so i've been playing seasons like.. all today & yesterday and there's some things that are bothering me
    ok, i found out how to turn into a plantsim
    -can you change you're outerwear? because i know you can change for the hair for it in the mirrow- but when buying clothes from a store there's no Outerwear option. i also tried buying everyday clothes that also worked for outerwear but the "Prepare Outfit.. Outerwear" isn't an option on a dresser. and if it's spring and i had a winter outerwear set they'll get raelly hot and catch a cold D:<
    -when i was splashing in a puddle, it lit on fire and i almost died.. but the fire just disappeared. what's up with that? is it because there was still lightning striking?
    -how do you get into the garden club? when i called them it asked if i wanted to bring a guy over or something and i did.. i became friends with the guy & everything.. i don't know how to get in though
    -how the heck are you supposed to take care of your plants? D:< if i leave it alone for like 2 seconds tons of weeds will pop or something and i have to go back.
    -what seasons do the apple, orange, and lemon trees survive?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 am
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

okay, so i've been playing seasons like.. all today & yesterday and there's some things that are bothering me
    -can you change you're outerwear? because i know you can change for the hair for it in the mirrow- but when buying clothes from a store there's no Outerwear option. i also tried buying everyday clothes that also worked for outerwear but the "Prepare Outfit.. Outerwear" isn't an option on a dresser. and if it's spring and i had a winter outerwear set they'll get raelly hot and catch a cold D:<

Hmm... not sure about that.

-when i was splashing in a puddle, it lit on fire and i almost died.. but the fire just disappeared. what's up with that? is it because there was still lightning striking?

Prolly :O

-how do you get into the garden club? when i called them it asked if i wanted to bring a guy over or something and i did.. i became friends with the guy & everything.. i don't know how to get in though

You call them and "apply for membership" or something like that. They'll bring over a team of garden inspectors and decide if your gardens good enough.

-how the heck are you supposed to take care of your plants? D:< if i leave it alone for like 2 seconds tons of weeds will pop or something and i have to go back.

Oh.. I know!
    I have a woman, man and one child. The man and child go off to work/school, and the mother gardens ALL day EVERY day. Quite strenuous...

I can definately tell you that its fine to plant your orange trees in like... late summer. The'll be ready for harvesting in mid-fall.

Greenzally

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:30 am
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

SIMS ONLY CHANGE INTO THEIR OUTERWEAR DURING LATE AUTUMN AND WINTER SO THEY WILL BE SAFE IN SPRING AND SUMMER. YOU CAN ONLY PLAN THE OUTERWEAR OUTFIT ON THE COAT RACK. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY NEW OUTERWEAR FROM SHOP CLOTHES RACKS, I CAN. THAT BIT SOUNDS GLITCHED

I HAD A TREE SET ON FIRE WHEN THERE WAS A LIGHTENING STORM SO THE LIGHTENEING PROBABLY WAS THE REASON. I GUESS THE FIRE DISAPPEARED BECAUSE YOUR SIM WAS IN A PUDDLE.

TO JOIN YOU HAVE TO CALL THE GARDEN CLUB ON THE PHONE. WHEN THE WOMAN ARRIVES MAKE SURE YOU GREET HER. CLICK ON HER AND SELECT "APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP" (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) SHE SHOULD THEN INSPECT YOUR GARDEN AND LET YOU KNOW IF THEY HAVE ACCEPTED YOU OR NOT. ONCE YOU ARE A MEMBER AND WANT TO GET YOUR GARDEN RATED YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME BUT INSTEAD OF "APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP" SELECT "ASK FOR GARDEN RATING". SOME OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD THEN COME TO YOUR LOT AND INSPECT THE GARDEN.

GET THEM AS HEALTHY AS YOU CAN AT THE START AND USE THE LADYBUG HOUSE TO KEEP PESTS AWAY. HAVING THE WATER SPRINKLERS SHOULD SAVE YOU HAVING TO CONSTANTLY WATER THEM.

THE TREES DO NOT DIE AT ANY TIME, THEY JUST STOP PRODUCING FRUIT DURING THE WINTER MONTHS.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:11 pm
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

There's this hook thing and if you click it it says, change to outerwear

Yes, it's the lightning and it's in a puddle, don't worry. You were in a puddle.

-how do you get into the garden club? when i called them it asked if i wanted to bring a guy over or something and i did.. i became friends with the guy & everything.. i don't know how to get in though.
It's not just making friends. You clock that person and it will say something like application to join garden club or something. I forgot sorry. Then they will do an inspection. You can pause and plant things then and there, so you can cheat. And if they like it you get in.
It's hard. You have to check them oftenly.
-what seasons do the apple, orange, and lemon trees
No idea. I have just played it twice

sweatdrop  

minaflower71

CornflakesInc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:47 pm
-Go to a community lot, select a clothes rack, click Buy -> Outerwear. Buy outerwear for seasons that your neighborhood will have, what you think is practical (raincoat & rubber boots for spring, puffy parka for winter). Go back to your home, buy a wardrobe, select Plan Outfit -> Outerwear. You can plan your outerwear anytime you want. Sims only get dressed into outerwear automatically when it is cold outside.
-Yes, there was still lightning striking. It could be a little glitch, because usually it is the tall trees that are struck by lightning (pine trees especially, I find).
-You have to show them your plants, usually you should have the gardening award (gold is best). There is an option to ask for the membership to the garden club.
-It takes a lot of effort. Buy the sprinkler system/water system, and try to start out small, only one little plot, then two, et cetera. It gets easier.
-They never die, they "hibernate", so to speak, i winter. They grow in spring, summer, and fall.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:00 am
[User Image]

i'm STILL having the outerwear problem, i don't have the option to buy outerwear from a rack at a store. i just downloaded the seasons patch on thesims2.com..
    and i know how to remove/put on outerwear from the rack that came with seasons
    i guess i'll google it or look for something on mts2

`R a i n b o w

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:55 am
Do you have any clothing hacks or mods at all? I had a hack that made it possible to use dressers on community lots but it wasn't compatable with Seasons and it stopped me being able to use any outerwear options on any dresser.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games