Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 27: Anime/Manga Corner
*Which one do you like better... Manga or Anime?* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anime
  Manga
View Results

snubsnub
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:31 pm
I perfer the manga <3. I just love reading, and looking at all the beautiful artwork.
But, Anime on the other hand.. you don't have to read but just look and listen to it. And it looks more realistic.

So, you decide. Which one do you think is better and why?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:02 pm
I have no real preference. I think of them as a twist on a base.
I generally prefer manga, because there's usually a lot more detail in the graphics, and it's often easier for the author to obscure facts with an ambiguous panel.
On the other hand, anime focuses more on the performance of the characters (e.g., slapstick humor works a lot better in anime than manga); also, a sentence can take on different meanings based on the tone of voice. The vibrant colors and fun movements are perks, too. ^_^  

Exeunt Pursued by a Bear

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:08 am
I prefer the manga because it doesn't cut much out and it has beautiful pictures. Plus I don't watch alot of anime..that's why I heave a shelf full of manga.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:14 am
Depends on the manga/anime. With Naruto, I prefer the anime to the manga because it's all action based and so moving pictures are easier to understand what's happening. However, with things like Samurai Champloo I prefer the manga, as they miss quite a lot of plot out of the anime.  

eIght sIns

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Whoo.. manga wins hands down.. XD Yes, I like watching things unfold from my imagination, although animation in itself is nice too but it's somewhat constricting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:17 pm
It really varies. I prefer Bleach and Naruto as mangas, since I don't need to deal with long filler arcs and I prefer the manga art style. Likewise, most of CLAMP's series simply aren't as good when they're made into an anime (I love Cardcaptor Sakura both ways, though).

On the other hand, the Neon Genesis Evangelion mangas aren't as good as the anime (especially the Angelic Days). Bucking the trend, I like the art of the Elfen Lied anime much more than the manga, but would have to read and watch both.

There are also several series that I like both ways, though (Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, and AzuManga Daioh).  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Surami-Fox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:39 pm
I prefer manga. True, Anime tends to make the characters look nicer but I just love the plot lines they keep in the manga and mangas are teen rated, most manga they make into Anime is so dull with their E 'ratedness'. If you guys see what I'm saying. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:44 pm
Umm... There are pros and cons for both... but I prefer manga because my mom likes to come into my room randomly, and if the anime I'm watching isn't at an 'okay' looking part, she might never let me watch/read it ever again. So I read manga and made my mom promise never to sneek into my stash of manga books rolleyes  

illusination

deathblaze107

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:27 pm
Not to diss on the animes, but I prefer Manga, I mean yes, it is one thing to have a shelf full of Anime DVDs, But I like to read more, and I liek to be able to show off Mangas, and read them with friends.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:34 pm
I like both honestly. Anime tends to be drag out the series more, though, and it gets to be a pain in the a**... if your going to watch anime, might as well download the Japanese version with english subtitles. It usually much better that way 3nodding .  

Amytha

Sakari_Yue_Kane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:45 am
I like both.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 pm
I like both, but I think my preference falls slightly more to manga than anime. It's cheaper and more portable... so I like that.

And for some reason, I like curling up with a good book (be it manga or otherwise) as opposed to staring at moving pictures on a screen.  

pandearing

Shy Inquisitor

Viese Servatika

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:56 pm
I would actually prefer the manga because the anime skips some things from the manga. In addition, the anime sometimes have really boring fillers.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 pm
Manga. I don't quite feel like I'm sitting on my butt as much when I read it as opposed to watching anime. Books are yay, and in the long run, a manga habit's cheaper than an anime habit. (there's only like what, about 5 episodes a disc, usually?!).  

Vexworth

nututmuhst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:29 am
Manga allows for you to imagine how a character sounds. Anime decides that for you. Yeah and manga doesn't cut a lot out in terms of story. Sometimes the art work in anime suffers compared to the manga. Sometimes anime means there might be a live action movie coming out about the manga that totally ruins everything too...(like the death note movie...)  
27: Anime/Manga Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff