Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hooray! --- A new project in the works!---FINISHED! =D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lars the Emo Kid?
  Last week I got the cops called on me cuz I walked outside with a gun, and confessed my love to a flower.
  It was such a passionate flower, and this gun only displays my passion.
  I've got so much passion in my body...I just wanna....kill you... *cough.Its.a.toy.gun.cough*
  iheartbulletsx says Sigh Hang in there my love
  Heavy Sigh I don't know what I'd do without guys like you bullets
  FREE GOLD! =D (And cookies =3 )
View Results

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:31 pm
=D ITS FINISHED! ITS FINISHED! ITS FINISHED! HOO RAH! X3 Originally I'd planned to have it done tonight and make it public on Thursday, but I didn't feel like going to bed and I'd been working on it bit-by-bit, and at midnight I ended up getting caught still being up on the pc (I was talking to a friend from school who plays gaia) and so I got off but still didn't feel like going to bed so I figured I'd work on my bag some more, and it kept getting later and later, and my bag kept getting closer and closer to being finished, and then it was a little after 2, lol, all I had left mostly was the zipper...I refused to go to bed, I just HAD to do that zipper so my bag would be complete....Well I finished the zipper and checked over the bag, it was done and I was satisfied. So I got ready for bed and was in bed by 230am, lol, well I had to get up at 7 (I'm not a morning person, so I usually sleep in 'til 730 and get ready in about 5-15min and then I leave, lol, I only eat breakfast about once or twice a week. X3, last year my breakfast was almost always either donuts and pop, or candy and pop, lol.) and I was soooo tired that whenever I tried to get up I ended up just falling back asleep, lol. ^^; Maybe I'll sleep tonight, lol.

ANYWHO:
Now that you know about how I dont sleep much at night (I'm usually up 'til midnight or later) & I don't do well in the morning, I'll go back to talking about my bag, lol. I brought it to school and showed people, and sometimes I just ran up to random people that I knew and said "I love my funky new handbag" or "I made a bag ^^" (I did that like 3 times to this guy that I've known since we were little kids, and he's a comic book fan and I'm a manga fan so we argue about that, and all week he's been asking me "So who died?" cuz in one of the mangas I was reading, one of the main characters finally got his wish granted, then he's like walking to go buy cigarettes, and he like bends over to tie his shoe, and he drops dead, lol. I thought he'd just passed out and then I flip the page and it says "HES NOT BREATHING!" and I'm in a class (were its okay to talk thank god, lol, its leadership) and I read that and I start saying out loud "WHAT THE FRICK?!?!?! HES NOT SUPOSED TO DIE! THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE NOT SUPOSED TO DIE, AND WHATS UP WITH THAT?!?!? HE JUST GOT HIS WISH GRANTED! WHY??~?!?!?!??")
Then, when I was walking I made a call and I said I got the bag done, and mi padre was like "You finished it at school?" and I'm like No, I finished it last night, and he's like "You were up until at least 230...I told you to go to bed" and I'm like ". ...." and he's like "I was listening to you thumping. I can hear it when you thump" and i'm like "I WAS NOT THUMPING! scream " and he's like "Then what was it when I heard THUMP THUMP THUMP?" (I tend to thump or scuff when I walk, lol) and so I might be a bit screwed from that, but oh well, I love my funky new handbag, lol.

I'm going to take pictures of it and get it posted asap. I just gotta find the camera and see if I put the memory card back in it yet, lol.

Story:
Yesterday I got to go to Jo Ann Fabrics for the 1st time. =D
Items purchased:
*1 yard of grey fabric
*1 yard of Katakana Kanji fabric (Its red and has katakana and kanji all over it, there was this other interesting material too but I didn't want it, but it might make for a good bag one day)
*1 red zipper
*Bamboo bag handles
*1 Fabric Remnant--Cherry Pattern

Plot:
My purpose to go there was to get fabric, but it was also to get stuff to make....A BAG! XD

Current Progress:
15-30%

Side notes:
I've never sewn a zipper onto stuff before so I'm a bit nervous about it, lol. ^^;

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:32 am
You'll need a zipper presserfoot, there should be one with the machine you're using 3nodding  

gemini6184

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:13 am
you've never been to Joann's? o.0
were do you go to get all your craftin stuffs?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:20 am
Lee: Theres also Hancock Fabrics, Micheals.... i'm sure theres others. 3nodding I went to Joanns for the first time like three or four months ago. 3nodding  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:06 pm
kochi~mochi
Lee: Theres also Hancock Fabrics, Micheals.... i'm sure theres others. 3nodding I went to Joanns for the first time like three or four months ago. 3nodding

I went to MIchaels but the one in my area doesn't sell fabric. . . .
So we went for a drive to look for this fabric shop that I knew of that was nearby (but of course I couldn't remember which road to take, so I guessed) and we ended up driving by a JoAnns, lol, so we went there. X3

Also, to the other person: I usually get my fabric from Walmart...(Its where "rich" people shop, lol, I knew this really creepy girl once and she thought rich people shopped at Walmart, and I think she didn't shop there cuz it was "where rich people shopped" lol) Really though, I used to only buy fleece and remnants so I bought them from there (saddly) and my g-ma gave me a bag of fabric and my aunt gave me a bag with some weird fake leathery material, but I needed other colors too, lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:08 pm
gemini6184
You'll need a zipper presserfoot, there should be one with the machine you're using 3nodding

This probably sounds REALLY stupid, but....what's a zipper presserfoot? lol

I don't know what that is, and when I got to the zipper, I just stitched it with the machine the same way I had done for like everything else and it worked, and I stitched spots by hand cuz I couldn't keep my stitching completely straight, lol. ^^;  

Chibi Kiku-chan

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:21 pm
*Sigh* I wont have pics up 'til tomorrow. =( I was uploading pics to photobucket and the internet connection to my bedroom says connected and that I have excellent signal, but the internets not working, and I dont have the pics on this pc...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 pm
Jrocker Ali
gemini6184

This probably sounds REALLY stupid, but....what's a zipper presserfoot? lol

I don't know what that is, and when I got to the zipper, I just stitched it with the machine the same way I had done for like everything else and it worked, and I stitched spots by hand cuz I couldn't keep my stitching completely straight, lol. ^^;
its another presserfoot that lets you make a placket and such easier than if you do it with a normal presserfoot, but if you already did it then im sure its fine ^^  

gemini6184

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff