Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Aaaarg I wanna start my project!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:43 am
I'm sooo excited to finish my friends quilt to start my bag, but then I have to make my prom dress as well.. o.o;;;

Don't you hate when you want to start another project but you have all these other projects to deal with first?

Prom is in like two months, but I've NEVER sewn a dress before, so.... Yeah...@___@; It'll take up most of my time.

Luckily the quilt I'm busy with is almost done. I'll post pictures once it is done!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:11 am
I wish I still had school formals to go to so I could sow something. 3nodding
GOOOD LUCK! blaugh  

Lee Kushrenada

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:05 am
Hehe, well it'll be my first and last prom... Silly homeschooling. xD

The dress is going to be really hard because my aunt told me the part we were doing is going to be a full slip under it and we don't have enough fabric for that. I'm scaaared of making it. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:18 am
We should keep records on how our prom dresses are going. xp i'm going to be making mine, and my prom is in a month and a week. I'm going to be getting the stuff for it this weekend...  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:43 am
heart You should start a prom dress thread!

And yeah, I can be like that and want to start new things before I finish what I'm already making. I try not to since I'll only end up with a ton of unfinished projects, but it's hard razz  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:14 pm
kochi~mochi
We should keep records on how our prom dresses are going. xp i'm going to be making mine, and my prom is in a month and a week. I'm going to be getting the stuff for it this weekend...

Hehe. I haven't bought the main part for my dress. xD But it was based off the idea from this 180$ dress at JCpenny. xD What's your's going to look like?

Annchen- Eeee! I think some one else should other than me. xD
Hehe yeah, my auntie had a small box for my fabrics, and now it's much bigger. xD  

CrystalRose

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:26 pm
CrystalRose
kochi~mochi

Hehe. I haven't bought the main part for my dress. xD But it was based off the idea from this 180$ dress at JCpenny. xD What's your's going to look like?

Hehe yeah, my auntie had a small box for my fabrics, and now it's much bigger. xD
I'll start it if you don't want to. xp

I'm not entirely sure what mine's going to look like quite yet.... I need to look at patterns some more. All i know is that i don't want it strapless, and i don't want it v-neck. i look good in neither.

Mines for Jr. Prom, so its not going to be super super fancy, but it will be a nice dress.... i just dunny what it'll be made out of or anything yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:03 pm
kochi~mochi
CrystalRose
kochi~mochi

I'll start it if you don't want to. xp

I'm not entirely sure what mine's going to look like quite yet.... I need to look at patterns some more. All i know is that i don't want it strapless, and i don't want it v-neck. i look good in neither.

Mines for Jr. Prom, so its not going to be super super fancy, but it will be a nice dress.... i just dunny what it'll be made out of or anything yet.

Thanks, ^^;

Woo! You're like me then! I can't wear v-necks, or strapless.. What you might want to try is a goodwill or thrift store, the one in my town has a lot of patterns, the only problem is they aren't in order and you may have trouble figureing out the size. But sometimes it's worth it for the ideas. ^^;

Yeah this is my Senior Prom... I've been homeschooled most my life so every dance is a fancy dance. xD  

CrystalRose

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff