Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I made a pendant! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:10 pm
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50924304/

Is clay crafting? I think so smile Anyway that's what I do most. First time posting here, hola to everyone!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:04 pm
peixunpey
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50924304/

Is clay crafting? I think so smile Anyway that's what I do most. First time posting here, hola to everyone!

If clay isn't crafty then that's silly. xD

It's puuuurty... I like the shiney ness of it!  

CrystalRose

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:13 pm
That's lovely. And yes, clay is crafty.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:29 pm
Oooh, that's lovely. Very stylish. And heck, if we're admiring it it must be a craft!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:13 pm
of course it's crafting, it's even art biggrin
Now I'm lost in your gallery instead of going to sleep, very lovely stuff.

Anat  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:49 pm
its beautiful!! heart you're very talented  

gemini6184

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:24 pm
Wah, thank you for your lovely comments. smile
I know craft is clay...but i thought this guild was more centered on knitting... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:48 am
Maybe there are more knitters in this guild then there are people who do other kinds of crafts. Don't worry, there are people in this guild who make other kinds of stuff. ^_^ I sew and make stuff out of clay too. I'm making parts of my costume for Anime Expo 2007 from clay (parts of the crown.) You'll see pictures of them when I finish them in my thread called: "Cosplay Project: Empress Shuurei From Saiunkoku Monogatari".

Here's the link:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8231421

I love the pendant that you made! It's absolutely exquisite!  

flightoftheunicorn

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:49 am
Wow! That's so pretty smile What kind of clay did you use? Did you use any other paint than the silver powder?

Don't mind the crazy knitters... It's a craft guild, not a knit guild. I like many kinds of crafts but lately knitting have been eating my brain razz  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:59 pm
wow, that's really pretty heart you're very talented 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Bunnybam

ecart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:58 pm
I think your pendant is lovely!

(This thread is what made me that this guild was the place I wanted to be. I dont really knit either but there seem to be a wide definition of what "craft" is here. 4laugh )  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:13 am
hmsgodess
I think your pendant is lovely!

(This thread is what made me that this guild was the place I wanted to be. I dont really knit either but there seem to be a wide definition of what "craft" is here. 4laugh )
Thank you! The guild is more dominated by knitting and such so I wasnt sure if this would be accepted. But it is! smile

Annchen: I used polymer clay...silver powder and gloss varnish. Thats about all, lol. Thanks!

Flight: Yesh...i posted in your thread. smile Thanks

Bunny: Thanks! mrgreen  

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

flightoftheunicorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:56 am
peixunpey

Flight: Yesh...i posted in your thread. smile Thanks

Don't worry, I didn't forget you. sad *hugs* Thanks so much for commenting in my thread! I'm really glad that I met someone else that's actually heard of and watched the series my character cosplay is from!

I included the link (in my earlier post) for your convenience - someday it will be off the first page and might be hard to find. Since the clay aspect of it might be encouraging to you, I thought I'd go ahead and post it even though it's on the first page now. smile Even though a high percentage of the guild members seem to be mainly interested in knitting, there are other people here in the guild who craft in other mediums. ^_^ (*hugs to all members of this guild* I love you guys! You're so nice! heart )

I'll show the clay pieces in my cosplay goals/accountability ninja thread as I'm making them. ^_^ I'm not an expert with clay, in fact the kind of clay I'm using is just little blocks of Fimo clay, nothing fancy. But, a lot can be achieved even with Fimo. I don't know anything about any other kinds of clays except for this weird red-mud clay that I tried to make something out of once. (It was a disaster, but I had never worked with that kind of clay, so I don't blame the clay - I just didn't know how to use it. If I had known what I was doing, I probably could have made something nice out of it - it's cool stuff! smile )  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:17 am
OK sure! Haha I love this guild too, its very friendly. I'll definitely check your clay stuff out. smile I love seeing what others do.
Lol what red mud clay did you try to use?  

Pwzn

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm
Love the pendant. Makes me want to get out my beads and make stuffs. xd But as they are packed under a pile of things, it shall have to wait till I'm safely in Massachuettes.

Once I'm there, I totally need to get pictures of my jewlrey work I do and post them.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff