Submit

Warmdarksky

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm
So.. this months donation items (MCs, whatever XP ) biggrin One of them is a falcon!!! But not just that, it also has 'spirit' type poses!! Falcon being one of my personal spiritual guides, I was bowled over <3 So exciting. It's never going to leave my avatar :3 So were any of you excited by this months collectibles? Or at least surprised? If they made other animals, what would you hope for? :3 If you have animals you feel spiritual about, do you attempt to wear them on your avatar? :3 I know there are some bear and wolf type items on Gaia, and those seems to be common spiritual guides...
Discuss! :3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:49 pm
I was excited about this month's collectibles, as my spirit guide is my hair. 8D

I wish there was some variety of Cthulhu or Shoggoth for your avatar, that'd be awesome. Maybe more magickal stuff, like a big voodoo doll or something 8D  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Juna Lu

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:58 pm
Still waiting for black raven type wings ^.^ I will squeeeee till the cows come home when they do. I'm also waiting for them black and silver fox tails, they've been petitioning them forever @.@. A raven is my spirit guid, fox is my native american totem. ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 pm
A reoccuring animal that I'll watch is the Merlin (or "pigeon hawk" even if it's a falcon, not a hawk).

There's one that lives in my yard, it'll perch above my porch on a treebranch and we'll watch each other.

So, I really like the item, even if it's not brownish.  

Jezehbelle

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:17 pm
I was ecstatic about the new items. And I love the second spirit guide falcon. It makes me think about the colors of the wind. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Eh, I'm not as impressed by them as others, not because I don't like the concept, but because I think some of the poses aren't really very good. What strikes me a bit off about the falcon is that it's pixel art is too rendered (as opposed to more comic-styled) by Gaia standards. It doesn't really fit in with the style of almost everything else that's equipable. I almost didn't get one of each this month and would have picked the hair over the falcon. But part of that is because this hair fits perfectly with what I had in mind for my current avatar design.  

Starlock
Crew

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:53 am
Quite a few of the past months' MC's have been too rendered. The Cosmic Cloak (or whatever it's called), the dates (to a degree), the Damascus Armor (somewhat), and now this Falcon is more rendered than any of those. It's depressing.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:29 pm
But then you get the crappy St. Patricks day items that are under pixeled so wtf?  

Twack

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Mitsh
I was excited about this month's collectibles, as my spirit guide is my hair. 8D

I wish there was some variety of Cthulhu or Shoggoth for your avatar, that'd be awesome. Maybe more magickal stuff, like a big voodoo doll or something 8D
Ia! Ia f'tahgn!

I was amused sheerly for the fact that I have a love for most birds, the raptors being particularly cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 pm
Hitchcock Pajama Party
Quite a few of the past months' MC's have been too rendered. The Cosmic Cloak (or whatever it's called), the dates (to a degree), the Damascus Armor (somewhat), and now this Falcon is more rendered than any of those. It's depressing.

I thought the Celestial Wrap was okay; almost didn't bother with the other but the price got low so I baught one anyway with saved Gaia gold. I think they try too hard sometimes to make something with lots of poses. Sometimes simplicity can speak volumes. The old donation items had so many fewer poses than the newer ones do! Of course, more poses is all just a scam of sorts to get people to buy more donation items. I don't fall for it. I never get more than two a month unless it's something really fantastic, and then only if I skipped letters for a month or something. xd  

Starlock
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:42 pm
Starlock
Hitchcock Pajama Party

I thought the Celestial Wrap was okay; almost didn't bother with the other but the price got low so I baught one anyway with saved Gaia gold. I think they try too hard sometimes to make something with lots of poses. Sometimes simplicity can speak volumes. The old donation items had so many fewer poses than the newer ones do! Of course, more poses is all just a scam of sorts to get people to buy more donation items. I don't fall for it. I never get more than two a month unless it's something really fantastic, and then only if I skipped letters for a month or something. xd
I don't donate at all generally. I may buy in the Market is I like the way they look, but I've kinda reached an equilibrium with the way I want my avatar to look and the items I have.

I might quest for another Dark Halo eventually, but I'm good for now. Usually I'll buy an MC for novelty sake, and then it'll sit in my inventory gaining in worth until I decide to quest for something major.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:42 pm
i personaly find that i am like many animals, and have just decided to let nat nature and the earth itself be my spirit guide, and i have many use of totems of many animals, as well as for elements and signs. i am way into tarrot, astrology, and geomancy.  

twilight insanity

Curiously Fruity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:05 pm
The wolf and the rat are mine. And I'm obviously wearing the were-tail.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:21 am
The dragon is mine and I haven't really taking it off since I got him  

Ayla Skye

Astral_Moonlight

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:10 pm
My spirit guide is a wolf, but unfortunately I don't like the wolf stuff they made =[  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games