Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Lee's craftin! come see! pictures on page 3! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:58 pm
so some up dates on things that I'm doing.
my sowing machen is now IN MY HOUSE!
so I'm working on all my sowing things... but I won't show any things that I'm sowing just now.

so I am making a 'Turniphead' costume from the movie, "Howls moving castle".
User Image
I knitted his head all ready, and now I am going to felt his top hat.
I made the top part of the hat today on size 15 DPN's, and swiched over to my circulars, and I could not help but think it look's like the most ridiculous beret.
User Image
User Image
User Image

and here's a funky scarf I made for a friend of mine.
this is the first thing I've ever crocheted on.
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:26 am
You mentioned that the brim of the hat ended up looking like a beret. I thought of a suggestion that might help you. ^_^ Maybe, you could cut out a ring of cardboard with a hole in the middle to fit over your head and put that ring inside of the knitted hat brim to make it stick out like a top hat brim. Do you think that would work?  

flightoftheunicorn

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:07 am
well you see I'm felting it, and I'm still not done, there are other things that I still need to do before I felt it, but thank you.
I just thought it looked funny; post felted.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:19 am
blaugh I was begining to get worried that Lee had fallen off the end of the earth (or i was magically missing all his posts)!

... Theres something about the scarf on the.... shoot.. i work in a coffee shop and can't think of what those thingies are called. xp ... red thingy.... that amuses me. and i don't know why it does.

If its still floppy after felting, then yes, flight's suggestion would work. 3nodding I'd love to see your progress on this one!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:06 pm
kochi~mochi
blaugh I was begining to get worried that Lee had fallen off the end of the earth (or i was magically missing all his posts)!

... Theres something about the scarf on the.... shoot.. i work in a coffee shop and can't think of what those thingies are called. xp ... red thingy.... that amuses me. and i don't know why it does.

If its still floppy after felting, then yes, flight's suggestion would work. 3nodding I'd love to see your progress on this one!

yay I have fan's! mrgreen

the barista matchin... maybe it has a more technical name, but I call it Ron.
I call it ron, cuz some times it likes to weez, and I was thinking, "oh your such a weezer... weezer + weasley +red =Ron!
I'm a barista if you didn't guess... the shop is very bohemian, and we have a knitting night every Thursday. whee

well I had to go out and buy core wool... this hat is getting expensive... at times like this I allways think. "gosh, I would never pay this much for a hat, but if I guet to knit it, money is nothing." <- xp
good thing yesturday was a good tip day.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:05 am
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *glomp*

Your turniphead mask is great and so is your rediculous beret.
*refuses to call it a tophat untill it gets more top*  

I be me
Vice Captain

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 am
Yay! Lee's back!

And I love that mask - keep posting the project! We want to see!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:45 am
Lee Kushrenada
kochi~mochi

I call it ron, cuz some times it likes to weez, and I was thinking, "oh your such a weezer... weezer + weasley +red =Ron!
I'm a barista if you didn't guess... the shop is very bohemian, and we have a knitting night every Thursday. whee

well I had to go out and buy core wool... this hat is getting expensive... at times like this I allways think. "gosh, I would never pay this much for a hat, but if I guet to knit it, money is nothing." <- xp

how much does that run? and why do you need core wool? *is a natural-fiber-noob*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:54 pm
kochi~mochi
Lee Kushrenada
kochi~mochi

how much does that run? and why do you need core wool? *is a natural-fiber-noob*

well I'm buying cascade , and its 478 yards for a little over 15 bucks... I've had to buy 3 of them, but its all good. sweatdrop

and by "core wool" I ment to say "more wool"...I needed to go buy more wool, and I never seem to re-read what I write. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:13 pm
welp. I'm back.
User Image
don't you just love it when photos don't come out the way you want them to! oh well.

I don't know if you can see it, but see that little red stitch, that's about how much I've worked on it sence the last time yall saw it.
User Image
most of this was done wile staying up till past mid night, reading Gravi fic, and knitting.
I asked my little Domo if he'ed like to be a stitch marker, and he said yes.
he's havigng a blast going around and around my needles.
he's all like, "hi, hi, hi!  

Lee Kushrenada

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:41 am
Lee Kushrenada

well I'm buying cascade , and its 478 yards for a little over 15 bucks... I've had to buy 3 of them, but its all good. sweatdrop

and by "core wool" I ment to say "more wool"...I needed to go buy more wool, and I never seem to re-read what I write. sweatdrop

ahh.. it all makes sense. xp

If i'd been in your position (needing wool) i'd have gotten wool of the andes off of knitpicks.com . its inexpensive yarn, and works wonderfully for felting. 3nodding

Ah, the fic-and-knit approach... i've gotten many a project done like that. Now i have an even bigger moniter, so it'll be even less time scrolling, more time knitting! blaugh

i love your domo-kun.... i normally have to use saftypins, paperclips and my cedric digory pin for stitch holders, cause i'm normally too lazy to find anything better and i have them all in/on my bookbag.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:41 pm
I never really buy any thing on line... not cuz I'm agenst it or any thing... I just never do.
I really like going into yarn stores... but I guess I really need to jump on that band wagon and start getting stuff on line.

and I can watch forin films. yay Amalie!!! and anime on line that is not dubed... but sadly soon I might have to start paying atenshion to what I'm doing... so I'll still be able to read, but I think the films that I have to read to understand will have to stop  

Lee Kushrenada

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:18 pm
The only reason i buy my yarn online is because its significantly more affordable. I have to be smart with my money, since i get so little of it (read: 2 hours a week, at $7.50 an hour...) and i like to do so much (shopping in general is high on that list, as is yarn crafts and sewing....) Luckily my local yarn store is extrememly understanding and still helps me. whee As long as i buy my needles there.... (which i do, because i tend to need them right then)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:29 pm
every one says I'm a needle slut... I buy expensive needles. xp

well I'm about 2/3 done with the hat.
the anime-con I'm going to is in 2 week's and I still have stuff to do other than just making the hat.
I'll show you all when I'm done. 3nodding  

Lee Kushrenada

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:43 pm
I dislike anything but my bamboo needles. My mom likes them because they're quieter then my metal, and i like them because they don't get cold, and the yarn slides easier then it does on plastic. I always buy clover brand... pretty much everything i can.... because the packaging is cute. 4laugh Maybe i'm just insane....

Go lee! you can get it all done in two weeks!

*has more like two months left till her con*  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces