Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Something helpful maybe?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does the idea of having a sub-forum devoted to helping others correct assignments and things sound good?
  Yeah definitely!
  Hmm, I suppose it would be ok.
  *shrugs* I don't know.
  I don't think it would be that great.
  No! That sounds like a very bad idea.
View Results

Riverwolf54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:44 pm
It's just an idea, but is the thought of a Forum or something dedicated to helping people correct essays and things a good one?

I'm sure that there are several people who have to type reports and things of various levels, from middle school to college level, and having a place where others can edit and help fix mistakes that they have made.

I'm sure that for people who have to write reports that this sort of thing would be very benificial, or maybe just have temporary thing. For example: if you needed a paper proof read for any grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes, you could just post the paper with a specific title, like "Proof read please" and then maybe the date when it is due so that it can be taken down when it won't likely matter anymore.

Anyway those are just some ideas of mine. Maybe I can hear some ideas and comments from others about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 am
This forum is just to discuss the idea of having such a subforum dedicated to such a cause. If any ideas or things come from it then it will be worth the time and effort to do such a thing. Please leave ideas and comments on this topic here.  

Riverwolf54

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:41 am
I think it's a great idea...and I'd be happy to help out if you like.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:30 pm
dameonmac5918
I think it's a great idea...and I'd be happy to help out if you like.
I'm glad you're willing to help me, but to be honest I don't have any idea on how to go about doing this farther than this here.  

Riverwolf54

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:36 pm
Sounds good. It'll probably be kind of hard to organize everything though... but in the end, I'm sure it'll be worth it. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:54 pm
Seeing as my teacher gives me only one day to complete a rough draft and another day to complete the entire essay, I doubt this would be much of a help to me. However, if it were otherwise, this would be a great idea. sweatdrop  

Zealot of Insanity

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:16 am
I think that this is a great idea, if peoople have trouble writing essays, then they could post them here for a helping hand!

Nice suggestion!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 am
Oh wonderful, now people don't have to do any proofreading on their own.

People, it's YOUR essay, YOUR class, and YOUR grade, not that of English experts of Gaia. stare  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Riverwolf54

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:29 am
DarkElf27
Oh wonderful, now people don't have to do any proofreading on their own.

People, it's YOUR essay, YOUR class, and YOUR grade, not that of English experts of Gaia. stare

Ok, firstly not everyone is perfect and knows everything about essays, like using hyphens (-), semicolons ( wink . The idea is just to help people to check for mistakes. I profread my essays and things but I still miss things sometimes. It's not to take the place of doing it yourself, it's only to help you out so you can learn from your mistakes.
The point is, everyone could use some help on things now and again and this is just an idea to give people help when and if they need it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:55 pm
You know how people post their poems to get comments? It's the same basic concept here. ^.^ If you can't get a message or an essay fast enough on here, email me to my Yahoo! or my AIM, and remind me that you know me on here; otherwise my instant messenger will ignore you.  

Patron with a Mission

SinnyStar

Invisible Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:30 am
Brilliant idea! This will be helpful for those who would like a proofreader of a different level, especially to those who're too shy to ask for it. redface
Example: me.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff