Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Strongbad and his Grammar Nazi ways

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Odenpa Kunoichi

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:58 pm
When thinking about the topic of famous Grammar Nazis, Strongbad usually comes to mind.

Sure, being a grammar Nazi is definatly not the right thing to do. But for his committment [sp?] to literacy, he will always be remembered.

*fancy mode off*

The way he reads emails out loud exactly as the writer's grammar and spellings says really shows them why bad grammar is such a bad idea.

Like if they are lacking a period, he will read the email without even pausing, to show how the bad grammar effects the reader. And typos. A whole character was created becuase of one little typo, Homsar. And let us not forget the volleyball "Tounament"

Discuss how the world would be a better place for grammar and spelling if people were more like Strongbad.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:07 pm
That is a little bit strange for me. I would never read out an email, exploiting every little mistake the writer made. That's just unfair and mean to the writer.  

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:14 pm
Strongbad is my lover. X3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:30 pm
I love Strongbad. The best email was Trogdor.  

j_hawk

AnonymousNemonus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 am
lol, Strongbad is pretty sweet. However, reading ungrammarian e-mails out loud would take a lot longer than e-mailing the offender and telling them their period/comma lackage. This would not be so funny, but, I think, would more qualify the one who does it for Grammar Nazism because it is potentially irritating to the offending e-mailer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:13 pm
I feel sorry for anyone who get's themselves caught in Strongbad's clutches. However, if you were bold enough to send him an email, you should be prepared to get the heat of sending it with bad grammar.  

Kisa-tora

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff