Agree, disagree, or neutral?
  Agree
  Disagree
  Neutral
  I dunno...i'm just here for the bunnies
View Results

MOD1-Alexia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:44 pm
I can't post on the other forum that Jess started...and since I don't post on the forums neraly as much as I once did, i'm not sure if I was blocked from posting (or if that's even an option now...gaia seems to change daily). Either way the whole D100 argument comes down to some very simple facts...at least to me....

Jess nor anyone else invited is obligated to attend this get together. This is probably the least disputed part in this whole thing. Wether they give reason to it or not is unimportant in the long run. Noone is forced to go, some are simply invited while others are not. That's another issue with some of course, since some feel they should have been invited, others think that some shouldn't have been.

This get together, by whatever name pleases you, was something that Cait wanted...and I believe still wants. It sounds rude, but in the end this thing isn't necessarily about any of us. It's about giving a friend the memories she wants before she graduates...and in all likelyhood never sees many of us again. My grade graduated last year, all of us have moved on in our lives, as everyone has to do. This isn't to say that I don't still have friends with those still at LCI, it's to prove a point about the changes going on. Life isn't easy, and I don't think any of you would claim it to be (I may be wrong). When Cait invited those she wanted, it was for a memory she could keep with her while she's working through life...and while she gains new friendships and hopefully holds onto old ones. D100, wether you believe it existed or not, was different for all of us...for some it was horrible and we want to forget it, and for others it is the time in our lives they'll wish they could relive again and again. Cait wishing to see her friends again...I don't think that's selfish...I don't remember being told that I had to go...and I almost didn't...but in the end I want to go because it was something a friend asked of me...she asked for a reunion of some of the happiest times in her life...and I alone can't give it, but I want to do what I can to make this small wish come true. Noone has to come, and if you say i'm being overly corny and brown-nosing my way around then feel free, but I am not going to Oshos this year to cause a fight. I'm going to put a smile on one of my friend's face.

Only a few other issues that came up that I will comment on:

If people who go online meet other people who are online, and get along to the point that they are closer to those other people online (have I said people enough yet for the point to get accross?). Friendships change, and others grow stronger over time. It is not pathetic to make friends online, just because those people don't happen to live in your city, province, or even country does not change the fact that there is a person on the other end of the conversation. Jordan's point is justified, and just because he chose to voice his reasons for not comming is not justification to beliddle the people he has formed a bond with.

On the other hand, while I agree that you don't have to come if you don't want to, I ask you to remember that this is a form of party. RSVPing is usually considered customary, and as someone who works in a restaurant, if Cait were to come in and reserve a table for "10 to 20 people" i'd be pretty ticked. She will need a headcount to within 2 or 3 people in order to make sure that the reservation at oshos goes though. If you don't want to go, just tell her. You don't need to justify it, just make sure she knows.

Just so Cait does know, I'm not particular on who goes, and if Kyle is considered part of D100 for you, then by all means invite him.

I'm not trying to cause a fight with this, i'm just trying to explain how I view this get together. This isn't my definition of D100, but since i'm not the one who requested this, that isn't my decision. If you want to have a get together where it meets with everyone's expectations...well it's just imposible. I don't have to agree with the perameters on who isn't invited...I know there are a few I would prefer were invited, but i'm not planning the event, i'm just attending.

Reply, agree, question, argue...I'll talk to you later.

Mel.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:04 pm
I'm not really sure what to say.

I'm sorry to the people I offended, but to me D100 was one of the best things that ever happened to me. You are the people who made me want to get up in the morning and go to school. Your the people that I really cared for.

When D100 (Yes - I'm calling us D100 because I still to this day consider it a group) broke appart I was mad. I was angry because I cared about you guys.

And now I was just upset because some people did not tell me straight out they were not coming. Frankly - I don't care how people have changed since high school - Mel is right, I just wanted one final memory. Maybe that was wishful thinking, and maybe it was selfish of me. But D100 is one of the only things I've ever really put much effort into in my whole life - and maybe that's pathetic of me - but I think that it's one of the few worthwhile things I've ever done.

I've changed too, I mean it isn't like I stayed the same - but it isn't about where we are today, or anything like that. It was about closing things that were never closed, it was about finally being mature enough to all get together, know that we were not all going to be friends again, and closing things on a positive note.

I know - I sound incredibly sappy. Especially considering how blunt I've been in the other thread.

But I just thought you were all mature enough to handle this, I guess I was wrong and I lashed out in my dissapointment. I'm sorry, I'll still invite you all, but I guess you could say I'm not expecting much anymore.

Also, thank you Mel - your support means the world to me.

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Potato Battery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:24 pm
I don't think this is a matter of maturity.

Sitting around a table with a bunch of people I dislike just doesn't seem like a fun thing to do... because I don't want to have to suck it up for your sake doesn't make me immature.

But whatever, whenever you talk about "D100" it never really feels like you're including me anyway, I never was your friend... so my feelings shouldn't matter much to you, but that's okay.

*shrug*

--

PS: To Mel, the reason you weren't allowed to post on my thread is because you were on my ignor list, I had to take you off to be able to read this post :/ .

~<3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:23 pm
Mel- I agree with you 100%, but we already talked about this on the phone today, so you know my opinions.

Everyone- I think I know where the problem with this whole thing is stemming from. It's all a name. Here's my theory:

Cait shouldn't have called it a 'D100' party. If it had been named simply 'a party' people wouldn't have gotten so pissed off. Here's my proposal:

If we call it just 'a party' then Cait can be free to invite whoever she wishes, because it's her party and whomever she wants there is who should be invited. No more bitching about who should and shouldn't be invited. Why should she have to invite people she barely knows just because everybody else says so? And don't get me wrong... I have somebody who I would really like to come... but I'm not going crazy because she's not invited. *hugs mah same half* In the end it's her decision.

Cait- I'm planning on going. I would like to see people again and... How do I put this? I would also go for Melissa, to support her. I also think your reason is totally justified for having the party. You just made the mistake of naming it something offensive to people, who could have known?

Jess- Wtf?! I didn't know you could block someone from posting on your threads... You learn something new everyday, lol. I totally support your decision not to go, please don't think I'm arguing against you, because I'm not trying to argue against anybody. I just wish everybody could get along.

Jordan- You're really awesomely pwny. I see nothing wrong with online friends, people are wrong to call you on it. The fact that you are able to stick to your opinions and defend them so successfully is something I must admit I admire. You're also hilariously funny. MEXICAN SAUSAGE OF PWN.

Christine- *insert pointless message here* I luff you, lavelave.

Aunchie- Wheee! When I go, I'm totally going to draw a picture of you on my breast and you can be there! Did we ever tell you that we drew you on Christine's breast when we went to see Hannibal Rising? Well we did. AND We will have a trip to Osho with you when you come in July. I wouldn't miss it for the world.  

aenilas

dzinae

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:05 pm
aenilas

Cait shouldn't have called it a 'D100' party. If it had been named simply 'a party' people wouldn't have gotten so pissed off. Here's my proposal:

If we call it just 'a party' then Cait can be free to invite whoever she wishes, because it's her party and whomever she wants there is who should be invited. No more bitching about who should and shouldn't be invited. Why should she have to invite people she barely knows just because everybody else says so? And don't get me wrong... I have somebody who I would really like to come... but I'm not going crazy because she's not invited. *hugs mah same half* In the end it's her decision.

((*huggles back* XD))

I was about to post this... but then I read your reply, and you pretty much summed it up. The only reason people were angry, was because Caitlin called it D100, and people have like a million different views of what exactly that is, and who is should include.

Let's say it's Naddy's version of D100, and then maybe people can get that through their heads, and stfu. >.>

NO ONE IS PATHETIC, STOP SAYING THAT, AND STOP CALLING YOURSELF PATHETIC, TOO. GAH.

*stifles rage*

None of this was any of my business! D: Just.. just be glad that Osho's has chopsticks, and not plastic knives. This 'plastic knife' thing will never get old for me. I can't apologize for it. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:53 am
aenilas
Jess- Wtf?! I didn't know you could block someone from posting on your threads... You learn something new everyday, lol. I totally support your decision not to go, please don't think I'm arguing against you, because I'm not trying to argue against anybody. I just wish everybody could get along.

DX Yeah, I didn't know either... but since she said she wasn't allowed to I assumed it was blocking her from it... that and her post wasn't visible. Putting people on the ignor list is inconvinient. Boooo.

And don't worry about it; I get that you aren't trying to argue. And I'm kind of sick of it myself. :/ . I'm just going to let my thread die.

~<3  

Potato Battery

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:30 am
... stare You have got to be kidding me, if this is all about the fact I called it D100...yeesh. That isn't offensive, especially if you don't consider it a group.

Jess - I do consider you a friend, but if you don't consider me one then I guess not anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:33 am
dzinae
aenilas

((*huggles back* XD))

I was about to post this... but then I read your reply, and you pretty much summed it up. The only reason people were angry, was because Caitlin called it D100, and people have like a million different views of what exactly that is, and who is should include.

Let's say it's Naddy's version of D100, and then maybe people can get that through their heads, and stfu. >.>

NO ONE IS PATHETIC, STOP SAYING THAT, AND STOP CALLING YOURSELF PATHETIC, TOO. GAH.

*stifles rage*

None of this was any of my business! D: Just.. just be glad that Osho's has chopsticks, and not plastic knives. This 'plastic knife' thing will never get old for me. I can't apologize for it. *shrug*

We want your input anyway because your awesome! Therefore, it's soooo your business. To the plastic knife thing...*sighs* we all make mistakes, I can't help it - I'm REALLY implusive.

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:35 am
aenilas
Why should she have to invite people she barely knows just because everybody else says so? And don't get me wrong... I have somebody who I would really like to come... but I'm not going crazy because she's not invited. *hugs mah same half* In the end it's her decision.

Who is it? I mean if I do know them I'd probably invite them. I'm actually rather easy-going about who can come.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:37 am
Nadreth
aenilas
Why should she have to invite people she barely knows just because everybody else says so? And don't get me wrong... I have somebody who I would really like to come... but I'm not going crazy because she's not invited. *hugs mah same half* In the end it's her decision.

Who is it? I mean if I do know them I'd probably invite them. I'm actually rather easy-going about who can come.

rofl rofl rofl ME! rofl rofl

I don't mind you, Naddy. Online friends aren't pathetic, though! D: Okay, I'm just partial to Jordan, and you called him pathetic. sweatdrop XD

I.. I don't think I'll be going, but thank you for the offer. xD No matter what night you pick, I will actually have plans. Plans that involve the awkwardness of people I don't know. >.> JOY! o_O

u_u We're all so mean to each other...  

dzinae

O.G. Vampire

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:03 pm
dzinae
Nadreth
aenilas

rofl rofl rofl ME! rofl rofl

I don't mind you, Naddy. Online friends aren't pathetic, though! D: Okay, I'm just partial to Jordan, and you called him pathetic. sweatdrop XD

I.. I don't think I'll be going, but thank you for the offer. xD No matter what night you pick, I will actually have plans. Plans that involve the awkwardness of people I don't know. >.> JOY! o_O

u_u We're all so mean to each other...

Yeah...I'm pretty mean.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:27 pm
Nadreth
... stare You have got to be kidding me, if this is all about the fact I called it D100...yeesh. That isn't offensive, especially if you don't consider it a group.

Jess - I do consider you a friend, but if you don't consider me one then I guess not anymore.

I always considered you an aquantance... just because we never really talked much or hung out :S... I don't think a real friendship can come about through association.

BTW >>;

~<3  

Potato Battery

mr satyr

Demonic Lover

9,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:34 pm
Somanywallzoftext.  
L.C.I.