Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you sign?
  Yes.
  This is gonna get lockified...
View Results

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:30 pm
Every timeI go to make a topic, it gets deleted or locked. I think that it is good that we should limit the amount of annoying posts, but here's an idea: let's make a stickied thread for label-associated topics. In case someone has a question or a story. Who signs?
I do.
*sign*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:36 pm
Click this magical linkhere and all questions will be answered. A topic is deleted or locked for a reason.  

Isobel Bellamy

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:36 pm
Aw, hell, I'll throw in the rules for free  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:05 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Click this magical linkhere and all questions will be answered. A topic is deleted or locked for a reason.

I understand. But I think this guild needs a place to talk about labels, that's all.  

Love.Your.Hate.

Crusnik 02

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:55 pm
i agree totally guild need a little more freedom  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:19 pm
I definitely understand why the rules are there, but I can also see your point. It wouldn't hurt to try having a place to share stories and such. If it got out of hand, it could always be deleted, right?  

shoe_trophy

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:41 pm
Love.Your.Hate.
Isobel Bellamy

I understand. But I think this guild needs a place to talk about labels, that's all.

We don't NEED to talk about it. Anyway, there's too many topics, that's all it is.

Besides, I would have thought after all those damn posts everyone would know everyone elses opinions anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:33 am
Ahh, it seems you weren't around when about every third topic was about "I hAtE EmOs111!!!11!!!! lOl" or "Wat Ish Goth" for the 23rd time. The simple fact of the matter was the ruling wasn't made to be mean or unjust, it was because the guild itself was becoming flooded with threads about different labels and if people fell under them or not. A lot of the threads themselves were *coughs* Poorly constructed and only instigating arguments instead of being constructive or useful. That's the only reason I instigated any action against them.

This guild is for the members though. If enough people voice that they wish for the temp. ban on labeling threads to be lifted, then it will be done, under the stipulation that new label related threads have to be well thought out and well constructed. I don't want to see any threads along the lines of "all people who do ____ are real goths, and everyone else is just a posser" because that really just is hurtful to everyone else who doesn't do blank and still consider themselves as goths.

I'll set the number at 100 signatures. If you can get 100 signatures without protests from other members (which would be equivalant to canceling each signature) then the ban shall be lifted.

Also, as a final note, the ban wasn't on the threads all together, just on creating new ones because there were a multitude of threads already in place and people were creating more threads just because.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:18 am
I think that we should have a life issues/complaints sub-forum. It would limit down on the label-rants A LOT. Or at least limit them to that sub-forum.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:01 pm
m a r l o w
I think that we should have a life issues/complaints sub-forum. It would limit down on the label-rants A LOT. Or at least limit them to that sub-forum.

I completely agree here. I think a lot of people start threads about their problems instead of posting in the rantbox because most people never read the rantbox.

A subforum might give people a chance to get things out and find some moral support without clogging the main forum or annoying members who'd rather not hear about it. Any thoughts, Lurichan and moderator crowd?

As for the labels, they really did get out of control. There are still plenty of threads where people could post their thoughts without starting new ones (though most of them have been bumped off the first page by now).

Personally, I don't like the idea of a label sticky. It gives the impression that the guild as a whole considers labels to be important, and it could lead to one-upmanship, exclusion, and endless arguments that people are never going to agree on. What's the attraction in pigeonholing people anyway? Can't we share the things we like without arguing about what it means to like them?  

Veruniel
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:55 pm
Veruniel
m a r l o w

I completely agree here. I think a lot of people start threads about their problems instead of posting in the rantbox because most people never read the rantbox.

A subforum might give people a chance to get things out and find some moral support without clogging the main forum or annoying members who'd rather not hear about it. Any thoughts, Lurichan and moderator crowd?

An excellent idea by my mind 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:58 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Veruniel
m a r l o w

Ditto that with a side of blood an' curly fries. A life issues/complaints subforum would probably get a lot more attention than the Rantbox on its own. I'll contribute something to the guild account for it.  

EvFaerAshlynn

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:15 pm
Shall I use my awesome mod skillz to make one? (my other account is Dizzy) All in favor say "aye" if you haven't already said you were for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:22 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Veruniel
m a r l o w

Just to warn you, using one o' those can back fire... badly, believe me, I just hope it doesn't end up like the one in the emo guild. -_-  

Rellik San
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas