Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
about to throw my computer out the window

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

athena08905

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:14 pm
I tell myself (since this happens so frequently) that I will save my game after my teen turns into an adult...and at that moment, I was making her blow out the candles...well...I got a little distracted with having her and her future husband make out because I made them friends when she was younger...so, they're carrying on and I'm moving the mouse and BOOM...it freezes...that is what makes me not wanna play is because I get so freaking far...and I have the family grow and what-not and then it freezes and I never exactly feel like..getting my teen promoted, get the mom's fiance a job in the education field...and have thriving plants...aaagggh irritates me soooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil scream  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:35 pm
That really stinks. Sometimes things happen to my Sims game and I get so angry, but it's only happen twice. I'm sorry if yours froze more often than mine did.  

Unvailing Masque

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:46 pm
Um, I'm sorry to hear that but if it happens so regularly then can't you get into a habbit of saving more often?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:34 pm
yeah, I always think "you would think by now, I'd save after everytime I was happy with an event" or something...but I get into it and forget...and it takes kinda long to save...so I think "eh, it won't happen this time" and...yeah...it does...  

athena08905

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:22 am
that happened to me a few times... im glad it hasnt happened in a while!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:55 pm
I understand where your coming from! One time my ENTIRE favorite family died from a fire, and just as I was to exit, the sims 2 froze. So thought, ok whatever it'll be fine anyway, restarted my computer, and everytime I tried to enter their neighborhood it said it was corrupted so I eventually had to delete it after several times trying to revive that neighborhood. I didnt play the sims 2 for about 2 months after that I was so pissed.  

WindhoesXP

Greenzally

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:48 am

I share your pain. crying

I had the same problem... But I managed to fix my problem smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:14 pm
well, I went back and started the family where it was left off...and funny thing...they got further...except the mom's boyfriend...I chose the wrong choice on chancecard and he got fired... sad I was pretty angry...because I chose the same answer before...but the end came out different...I hate it when that happens because all he wanted in life(his lifetime want) was to top the education career...poor man...now he will never get his dream!!! unless, of course, I cheat and change his lifetime want...which I have to hold myself back from doing...yeah, I played the family for 6 hours straight last night...until 3 o'clock...perty sad  

athena08905

Random by Nature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 pm
Wow, that bites. My computer has never frozen. While playing Sims or otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:09 pm
Do you know what's causing your game to crash? Do you have any background tasks running, like anti-virus programs, etc? If it isn't that, then it may be that your computer can't handle the Sims 2 well.  

ZombietasticGreen

Distinct Dabbler

9,525 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items