Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why discourage people from watching sm on youtube? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Youtube?
  Yes
  No
View Results

fushigi_yami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:57 pm
honestly. even if the episodes may be on there illegally people can't download them from their computers. all the can do is watch it. so why discourage people to do so. sometimes it encourages people to buy the stuff. most people don't want to buy dvds of anime that they don't know if it is good or not, and how are they to view it if it isn't on air anymore. the only way they could illegally own it is to video tape it from their computer screens wich would give them really shoddy image value and bad sound qaulity and wouldn't be worth the trouble. i think all in all youtube is a good place to watch animes and such.
(note: this is not to encourage people to obtain episodes through illegal operations. it is only a debat about youtube, and watching sailor moon on it.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:34 pm
exactly. if someone is dumb enough to do things illegally there's no stopping them weather they are encouraged or not. plus like you said they can only watch or get bad footage. if it weren't for youtube i'd have never seen elfen lied, or figured out what the one sm episode i was looking for.  

yume_miko

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:04 am
casually watching a few episodes to re-kindle your Sailor Moon fandom isn't what I'm really against, that's okay.

the one's I usually argue about are the ones who watch it religiously and watch them over and over again, seriously, if you love it THAT much, show your love by spending your hard-earned money on it. Please.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:12 pm
So far, I've rewatched all my favorite episodes, along with the one where Minako's true origins are revealed (it wasn't released in North America).

Unfortunately, my budget is a wee bit tight right now, otherwise I'd probably be looking to buy them. There's only one real place in my small town to get the DVDs, and the guy wants a arm and a leg for them >_<

+Trynyti+

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm
It's discouraged because ENCOURAGING IT is a TOS Violation and can get the guild shut down/users banned.

Quote:
Endorsing illicit activities or encouraging crime is not permitted.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?info=rules

Just go on eBay and get boxsets for $20 or rent it from a corner video store (not Blockbuster).

BTW, posts regarding a certain cheat to download the episodes have been deleted. If such material is posted again, it will be deleted again and if it's from the same people, I might remove them from the guild. We're here to discuss Sailor Moon, not break rules.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:35 am
sorry... sweatdrop Its just that Sailor Moon has become a rarity, being out of print and all... Ebay is unreliable... Youtube won't have them forever... if something isn't done and done soon, Sailor Moon may simply... *gulp* die... We can't let that happen, can we? Would it be wrong to start a massive petition to Toei to re-release Sailor Moon once more?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 pm
Buying the DVDs speaks a LOT more than DLing fansubs. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. And I found five copies of the Stars boxset alone on eBay, never mind the other seasons... it's NOT that difficult to find...

You can try a letter writing campaign, but I'd not bother with a petition, they are usually ignored by corporations, since it's too easy to fake such things. Especially internet petitions. Petitions are meant for local issues, not major national/international things like a TV show or a media release.

Sailor Moon will never die, it is still EXTREMELY popular in Japan and found on objects ranging from backpacks to stickers to pocky boxes and even toilet paper. It's just not always going to be easy to find outside of Japan. Think of it this way, it's not that easy for them to get their hands on certain things over here either.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
kawaiibunny3
casually watching a few episodes to re-kindle your Sailor Moon fandom isn't what I'm really against, that's okay.

the one's I usually argue about are the ones who watch it religiously and watch them over and over again, seriously, if you love it THAT much, show your love by spending your hard-earned money on it. Please.

im watching all of the Sailor Moon episodes right now on Youtube..

its not illegal to watch them on a site that provides them for FREE as long as you dont actually download them to your computer for a fee..

youtube is there for people like me.... who cant afford to spend their money on anime.. all my money goes toward food for my family while my parents pay the bills  

vampyr_raye666

Syndrama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:19 pm
Actually, it's illegal for that material to be on the site at all according to their Terms of Use:

Quote:
C. In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not: submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein

In otherwords, if you didn't create the movie from scratch, don't upload it. THAT is why those episodes are vanishing off Youtube, they're illegal to be there. Any account that is uploading anime episodes is probably losing their accounts on Youtube, at the very least, they are deletign the uploads.

Just don't encourage property license violations by telling people to view buyable merchandise online for free, okay? It's risky and could get the guild shut down. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:21 am
I agree with all of you. I mean in youtube's TOS you're not supposed to upload anything that's not owned by you. Most of the site IS anime, movies, and tv shows! A lot of people spend their time making music videos to certain animes! I really like Youtube for what it has on it but I hate it for their TOS. Of course, I make videos and upload them. I just don't upload the actual episodes or movies of anything.  

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:50 am
Here's what I think: America needs to get over their strictness on what is acceptable to show on TV and reintroduce Sailor Moon... And I mean reintroduce the Season they never showed... Sailor Moon StarS.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:25 am
Rush_Hardroc
Here's what I think: America needs to get over their strictness on what is acceptable to show on TV and reintroduce Sailor Moon... And I mean reintroduce the Season they never showed... Sailor Moon StarS.

...Were you paying attention to the sticky at all? Content of the show has NOTHING to do with why there is no Sailor Moon on TV anymore! stare It's Toei pulling the lease to focus on their newer animes. That's the main reason and that's why Cloverleaf and DiC Animation can't re-air any of it or request Stars. And none of it is allowed on Youtube because Toei still owns all the right to it and has declared they don't want it airing anywhere.  

Syndrama

emolicious18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:19 pm
Rush_Hardroc

yes exactly!!!!!  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces