Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I have a question for all styles of crafters. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:57 am
I'm in charge of my own team for this Relay for life, and well we have to make things to sell there. I mean we can just buy toys and stuff, but it wouldn't mean much.

The Relay for life is a cancer walk, and on the side of the track there are booths to buy stuff from. We can't sell food, but we can sell anything else.

My team is called Ribbons of Hope, and this year's "theme" is Deck the Halls. It doesn't have to be christmas though, it can be a play on words.

So my question to all you is, is there any kind of craft/craft site that fits with my team name, or the theme, or both that would be good to sell? (Other than the obvious, ribbon pins which I'm doing.) All the money we get goes to the American Cancer society.

I was concidering putting this in the charity thread, but it's not really making something "for" charity, it's something to sell, for charity.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:11 am
Hmmm...why not scarves in various cancer awareness colors, such as pink for breast cancer? You could even attach ribbons to the ends of the scarves in the color of the "awareness scarf".  

Brunette_Star

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:18 am
Brunette_Star
Hmmm...why not scarves in various cancer awareness colors, such as pink for breast cancer? You could even attach ribbons to the ends of the scarves in the color of the "awareness scarf".

That's a good idea. ^^; And I don't have to knitt them even, I can make them out of fleece.

One problem now that I think of it.. @_@; It's in summer, do you think people would still be interested in scarves?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:18 pm
What about some of those ribbon crown things. I'm not really sure what they're called, but my daughter has talked us into buying a few over the years. They're basically a circle of wire with ribbon wrapped around it and then long ribbons attached to the back so you get this cascade of ribbons down the back of your head when you're wearing it. We have one that has the wire circle wrapped in both tulle and ribbon, it's really quite pretty.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:24 pm
ForestGreen
What about some of those ribbon crown things. I'm not really sure what they're called, but my daughter has talked us into buying a few over the years. They're basically a circle of wire with ribbon wrapped around it and then long ribbons attached to the back so you get this cascade of ribbons down the back of your head when you're wearing it. We have one that has the wire circle wrapped in both tulle and ribbon, it's really quite pretty.

Oooh! I know what you're talking about! Like what they sell at Rennisaince faires...!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 am
CrystalRose
ForestGreen

Oooh! I know what you're talking about! Like what they sell at Rennisaince faires...!

Probably. 3nodding I haven't been to a Ren faire in ages so I'm not sure, but they sell them at all of the summer festivals we have around here.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:55 am
ForestGreen
CrystalRose
ForestGreen

Probably. 3nodding I haven't been to a Ren faire in ages so I'm not sure, but they sell them at all of the summer festivals we have around here.

I love Ren faires... D" I miss workign there... Actually my friends and I plan on going to one this summer.

Anyways, yeah I think that would sell well with the kids. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:21 pm
Another option is jewelry. I went to a Relay for life a few years ago and one of the other booths(they were specific to breast cancer) had bracelets and necklaces that were handmade. They were expensive, but the beads were also hand-made and had pink ribbons in the middle of the glass. They were beautiful. But any kind of jewelry would work, and you can make them in different colors for different cancer types.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

KingToon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm
OH ME GEE, am doing Relay for Life this year most likely. Wow this is so cool. Maybe do little stuffed creatures.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:28 pm
storyfromthestars
Another option is jewelry. I went to a Relay for life a few years ago and one of the other booths(they were specific to breast cancer) had bracelets and necklaces that were handmade. They were expensive, but the beads were also hand-made and had pink ribbons in the middle of the glass. They were beautiful. But any kind of jewelry would work, and you can make them in different colors for different cancer types.

My sister is making earings. But that is an idea, I have a teammate who does jewlery making. ^^;

KingToon- You are tooo?! What state?! xD  

CrystalRose

peachkitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:40 pm
why not make little bracelets in the respective colors. it can be the friendship bracelets made out of embroidery floss or seed beads and elastic cording.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:08 am
peachkitten
why not make little bracelets in the respective colors. it can be the friendship bracelets made out of embroidery floss or seed beads and elastic cording.

Interesting suggestion ^^; I'll add it to my list to talk to my team about on sunday.  

CrystalRose

peachkitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:13 pm
CrystalRose
peachkitten

Interesting suggestion ^^; I'll add it to my list to talk to my team about on sunday.

they are cheap and easy to do, you could get quite alot made. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:29 pm
peachkitten
CrystalRose
peachkitten

they are cheap and easy to do, you could get quite alot made. 3nodding

Mhmmm.  

CrystalRose

Float-your-boat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:48 am
maybe some soaps with printed labels  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers