Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Child Abuse
  Is none of my business
  Doesn't happen that often
  Isn't really a problem
  Happens but not enough to really make a big deal about
  Happens frequently, but I shouldn't get involved
  Completely and utterly wrong, and those guilty of it should be boiled in oil.
  I should report any suspicions of Child Abuse or Neglect immediately to social services
View Results

Chibikan380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:53 pm
This topic while has nothing to do with polls and such, is very very serious. I have a request to make of everyone. April, coming up, is Child Abuse Awareness Month. I want to challenge everyone to put a blue ribbon or something, anything, in their signature to attempt to raise the awareness of child abuse and it's severity. Everyday at least one child dies from child abuse, and it is one too many. Everyday 1 in 4 children are abused by parents or relatives, even teachers. Let's put a stop to it. Together we can make a difference in the lives of these children, and maybe the deaths of those who weren't saved, maybe those deaths won't be in vain.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:20 am
I'm reading an incredibly good book called;
"When Rabbit Howls" by The Troops for Truddi Chase
It's written by the 92 different personalities of a woman who began to be sexually abused by her stepfather at age two. The abuse continued for most of her life until she was able to run away in her late teens.
It's a book that I would recommend to anyone who is looking to understand more about MPD, (Multiple Personality Disorder), but I found that it also really opened my eyes and made me realize how messed up this world has become. Child abuse has become one of those 'not talked about' subjects, but I think people really need to start talking, otherwise these children may eventually be forgotten.
Definitly look up this book the next time you go to the library, you won't reget reading it...  

DeadlyNightshade333

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:18 pm
Thank you very much for that information. That's terrible sad statstics and something must be done to stop it. I'll find one of these child abuse ribbons and put it up somewhere in the guild. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. It is sad that such a topic is swept under the rug on a regular basis. I never realized the extent of child abuse.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:16 pm
I found a ribbon. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

Exotic Kitty

Invisible Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:40 pm
OoOo..pretty ribbon. But anywho, yeah it's quite sad news. Not many people talks about it, which is true.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:08 pm
The ribbon is great! I'll put it in my profile for the month of April...  

DeadlyNightshade333

Sparkle Hearts
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:00 pm
Thank you. I think'll I'll put this on the guild home page. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:45 pm
I hope this was a sucessful attempt at making people more aware. If you couldn't find a blue ribbon, you could have used a blue flower to show your support. let's do even better next year.  

texashammerhead

The Lobby

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff