Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
And you are?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:41 pm
I got a text message from someone I don't even know today. Well, I don't know, maybe I did know them, I have no idea. All I know is it scared me.

Quote:
heyyyi bby im lyke gone 2 da mks two bi shoos 4 mi bf4ls pARty n i dun no da rd 2 take 2 get they're!!!111 u no

I was still trying to figure it out when I got another from the same number.

Quote:
abba sry we fond it l8ter n its ok n coll is here 2 so u no hav met us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 pm
The pain....

I can't decipher that. I did the best I could.

Hey (bby?) I'm, like, gone two the (mks?), two buy shoes for my bf(4ls?) party and I don't know the road to take to get there! You know. (abba?) Sorry we found it later and its ok and coll is here two so you know have met us.

That's about the best I could come up with.  

CristoVII

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:28 pm
Zweite
The pain....

Hey (bby?) I'm, like, gone two the (mks?), two buy shoes for my bf(4ls?) party and I don't know the road to take to get there! You know. (abba?) Sorry we found it later and its ok and coll is here two so you know have met us.

That's better than what I got! I thought someone was in an accident and couldn't type and wanted to tell me where they were.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:57 pm
Conall the Wanderer
Zweite
The pain....

That's better than what I got! I thought someone was in an accident and couldn't type and wanted to tell me where they were.

bby = baby
mks = mall

I think that's what it is.  

Patron with a Mission

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:49 am
I hate when someone I don't know sends me a PM in txt tlk telling me their life's story. And yes, that has happened to me. Grr. domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:08 am
dameonmac5918
Conall the Wanderer
Zweite
The pain....

bby = baby
mks = mall

Also, "bf4ls" probably means "best-friend-for-life's"... as in "my best-friend-for-life's party."

This makes me think the person was an eleven to thirteen year old girl. Meaning no disrespect to any other girls of that age, but this age group is the only one I've ever experienced using BF and BFF and BF4L and such.  

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:02 pm
SilverMaple
I hate when someone I don't know sends me a PM in txt tlk telling me their life's story. And yes, that has happened to me. Grr. domokun
Haha, glad I'm not the only one!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 pm
dameonmac5918

bby = baby
mks = mall

That would make more sense. Where does the random k come from? Who knows...  

Conall the Wanderer

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 pm
rae-chan-sensei

Also, "bf4ls" probably means "best-friend-for-life's"... as in "my best-friend-for-life's party."

This makes me think the person was an eleven to thirteen year old girl. Meaning no disrespect to any other girls of that age, but this age group is the only one I've ever experienced using BF and BFF and BF4L and such.
Lovely. And 11-year-old stalker. Haha  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:10 pm
Ugh, too hard to read in my opinion. Maybe it was a mistell... hopefully... I REALLY dislike those bloody text talk stories, cant tell a word they are saying.

But anyways, off to work on my criminal insanity protfolio! YAYYYY neutral  

Robthebob

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:48 am
Robthebob
Ugh, too hard to read in my opinion. Maybe it was a mistell... hopefully... I REALLY dislike those bloody text talk stories, cant tell a word they are saying.

But anyways, off to work on my criminal insanity protfolio! YAYYYY neutral
Tell me about it, it's another language!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:27 am
Quote:
heyyyi bby im lyke gone 2 da mks two bi shoos 4 mi bf4ls pARty n i dun no da rd 2 take 2 get they're!!!111 u no

Quote:
abba sry we fond it l8ter n its ok n coll is here 2 so u no hav met us.
My head nearly exploded.

I got this: "Hey baby, I'm like, going to the mall to buy shoes for my best-friend-for-life's party and I don't know the road to take to get there! You know? (Have no clue what "abba" is.) Sorry, we found it. Later. And it's okay and cool here too, so you don't have to meet us."

Psh. I wouldn't want to meet them anyway.

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces