Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
This sucks Help Please...(FIXED)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hiss
  Yeah yeah
  zoom
  Pollwhore
View Results

PyroLillyoftheMoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:59 am
Ok so I am playing my game and everything is working all fine and dandy until I go to change my sim from sleepwear to everydaywear but I find out that I can't because every time I click on the wardrobe the command disappears even before it reaches the corner to complete the action. So my question is how do I fix it because I can't change my sims clothes at all. Ok so my game completely is sucking at the moment because I was playing yesterday and and I found out that I can't send my sims to a community lot. I tried sending a sim there and when my game had loaded the lot it instantly went to buy mode with the sim on the lot and I could not set it to live mode at all. SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! All I want is a working game and that is not working all that well at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:19 pm
Just turn it off and turn it back on and see if it works. It might just be a little glitch. or you can make them take a shower/bath.  

Sundance Rendevous

Dapper Member

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

PyroLillyoftheMoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 am
No it does it everytime I play the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:53 pm
Please don't bump your threads. Be patient. If you haven't got an answer yet then it probably means nobody has an answer yet.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Your Dads Car

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:03 am
try buying another wardrobe?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 am
They all do it and not to mention that when I tried sending my sim to a clothes store to see if maybe buying clothes would help, after it loaded the game went into buy mode with my sim on the lot and I could not get it to go to live mode so I had to quit.  

PyroLillyoftheMoon

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:19 pm
Is your game fully patched? There was a bug where some community lots would load in build mode but it was fixed in a patch.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 am
Where is this patch gotten from?  

PyroLillyoftheMoon

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:39 pm
From the official Sims2 website.
You can find all the patches here: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:58 pm
Yeah, I'd try using the patch Menace mentioned. 3nodding Also, if you have downloaded any hacks, you might wanna check on that.  

Captain Jenocidal

PyroLillyoftheMoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 am
That could be it if I didn't have some freinds who have Seasons also whose game is having the same problem and they don't have any hacks at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:34 am
Ok now I feel like a little embarrassed because I figured it out. Ok well I didn't figure it out my brother helped me a lot and you may laugh at me. Well I got the patch and tried to install it and found out that I needed to uninstall it for the patch to work so I did and then I reinstalled it and put in the patch and then just as a test I started the game without downloads and the game ran fine then my brother helped me figure out which download was causing problems (after I tested the game I put them in and it was screwing up) Here is a hint if anyone has the change woohoo to sex hack you might want to make sure it has an upgrade because that one little hack was causing the problem. biggrin  

PyroLillyoftheMoon

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff