Reply Naruto Guild
Konoha's Anbu Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:37 pm
How come they seem to suck so much? Kakashi get all ominous about them when talking about Haku but after that they dont seem to do anything.

LOL I GET KILLED BY KABUTO!1!

OH NOES I ASK RETARDED QUESTIONS WHY WATCHING HOKAGE FIGHT!

Discuss; Anbu, sissies, or just people to die.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:45 pm
I agree to some extent. We haven't seen the Anbu that much, but whenever we do they always seem to be doing a horrible job as ninjas. I mean seriously, of the many times we see them, Naruto and the other genin have been able to do more than them, and although Naruto has a chakra advantage, they certainly should have more expertise.  

churrlo

attila the fun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 pm
Kishimoto's dumb.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 pm
X_X Great view on the matter there.  

churrlo

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:51 pm
I'm more worried about the jounin, who get their asses kicked by ninja later defeated by a team of genin.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:10 am
I do not believe we are meant to see what ANBU do. They're the elite of the elite shinobi of any hidden village in narutoland. But then again, I'd use that excuse too if I didn't have a story or a way to add them into the series.... sweatdrop  

Honh

nintendonerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:28 am
Can you say Sai?!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:01 pm
Captain Verd
I'm more worried about the jounin, who get their asses kicked by ninja later defeated by a team of genin.

are you talking about the sound 4 vs Genma and Raido?

I have said something about this before.

first off the sound 4 vs 2 means they gett to double team them. Plus they later said that even with twice as many people and all having used level 2 curse seals they barely won, words strait from their leader's mouth (and I do believe that lvl 2 curse seal almost 10x your power, and that's after the 2x of the original seal boost (so that were each at 20x normal power)). He also said (once again words from his mouth) that they were very worn out.

I think the fact that Genma and Raido were able to cut it that cloths when out numbered two to one against people operating at 20x normal power is a testament to how good they are, especially considering they still survived what the sound 4 obviously thought were death blows.

And Genma and Raido (and whats her face/ Tsunade's assistant) were returning from a jonin level mission, so they were probably not int he best of shape to start with energy wise.

and I do believe that the sound four are at (non-seal level) chuunin standards right? I know Kimimaru is the only one that is at or near Jonin level to start with.

Anyway, I do think it's kinda stupid that there have only been two ANBU worth their snot so far, and that has been Yamato and Sai.  

liz_bliz_inc

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:44 pm
It's disappointing gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:32 pm
nintendonerd
Can you say Sai?!

Sai and Yamato are an exception due to the fact that Dozu and Tsunade-sama asked them to join up in Team 7. Then again, Sai and Yamato are but two we know about, yet we don't know anything about their past missions. ANBU are suppose to be (I guess) the real ninja. Think about it, actual ninjas don't do garden work or tell everyone around them that they are ninja. Shinobi are suppose to be hidden, lurking in the shadows, unnoticed. That is what ANBU is.

@String Theory: Don't forget that Kakashi was ANBU too....so that's three.  

Honh

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:50 pm
Honh
nintendonerd
Can you say Sai?!

Sai and Yamato are an exception due to the fact that Dozu and Tsunade-sama asked them to join up in Team 7. Then again, Sai and Yamato are but two we know about, yet we don't know anything about their past missions. ANBU are suppose to be (I guess) the real ninja. Think about it, actual ninjas don't do garden work or tell everyone around them that they are ninja. Shinobi are suppose to be hidden, lurking in the shadows, unnoticed. That is what ANBU is.

@String Theory: Don't forget that Kakashi was ANBU too....so that's three.

well, I ment more currently, I'm sure a lot of elites have been in the anbu at some time.

But yeah, the ANBU seem to be more like the usual idea of ninja, and the rest of the shinobi seem to be more just, soldiers.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:22 pm
I thought Kakashi was going on about the Hunter class, not the ANBU, when he spoke of Haku?

In any case, I'm not surprised that Kishi is having issues at this point with power consistancy. TYhat's what happens when you set the bar so high for you main characters. It means everybody else get shafted, and screws with your internal canon if you aren't careful. *shrug*  

CrabappleRed

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:18 pm
That's pretty true ^^, and I agree on the ANBU statement of them being the REAL ninjas razz  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:09 pm
I'm going to stand here and stare while Lord Hokage's dying!  

gdhfsgkjdfnsufksja

Honh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 pm
Friendstar
I'm going to stand here and stare while Lord Hokage's dying!

eek eek question Why?  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces