Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
2 hours to waste...(Crafts you've made out of boredum) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:02 pm
Okay so on tuesday I did all my work for sewing, and I have like 2 hours to kill before my aunt gets here and we work out the quilt... I wish I knew what to do with the bag I'm going to work on. xD But I don't know how to do the linning or anything... D" I think I'm going to raid her fabric drawers and make a small bag for a friend of mine. I hope she doesn't mind "/

I'll post pics when I'm done.

What are some projects you've made when you're bored?

(I made this picture thingy, that had pictues of all my siblings and I, and on the top it said "Even though we'll all go our own ways we'll always be your babies" and gave it to mom for Mother's day... I made it at midnight. xD That's when I'm the craftiest.)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:38 pm
~
I have bound books from scraps of reciept rolls or packing paper and bits of string at work. Also I have done finger crochet with a bunch of shoelaces that are used to tie rolls of quilt batting. Last but not least I have made little leaves out of tape and green pen to stick all over the monitor at the register.

I mostly make boredom crafts at work while the supers aren't looking. I work in a craft store, you'd think they'd LET me craft but no, it has to be stealthy.
At home I have so many things on the go I always have something to do.

~

Tes

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Tes
~
I have bound books from scraps of reciept rolls or packing paper and bits of string at work. Also I have done finger crochet with a bunch of shoelaces that are used to tie rolls of quilt batting. Last but not least I have made little leaves out of tape and green pen to stick all over the monitor at the register.

I mostly make boredom crafts at work while the supers aren't looking. I work in a craft store, you'd think they'd LET me craft but no, it has to be stealthy.
At home I have so many things on the go I always have something to do.

~

Hehe that sounds like fun. xD Have you ever got caught? ^^; They shouldn't stop yooou! D<

EEEET! I FINISHED THE PURSE!

O-M-G... This is the first project I attempted on my own, and the first one I finished in four hours. xD It's adoooorable... I'll post pictures once I get more time. xP

But it has a pocket on the front, and it's cute. I didn't have a pattern, and luckily my Aunt came home just after I screwerd up to tell me how to fix it. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:43 am
CrystalRose
Hehe that sounds like fun. xD Have you ever got caught? ^^; They shouldn't stop yooou! D<

O-M-G... This is the first project I attempted on my own, and the first one I finished in four hours. xD It's adoooorable... I'll post pictures once I get more time. xP

But it has a pocket on the front, and it's cute. I didn't have a pattern, and luckily my Aunt came home just after I screwerd up to tell me how to fix it. ^^;
~
I haven't gotten caught in the act, I'm sure they know the source of the leaves though because who else could it be? Nothing has been done for it. I think they will just ignore my neurotic crafting ways unless they actually catch me doing it.

lol Huzzah for help fixing things. I suppose you've gotten the lining and stuff working now?

~

Tes

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 am
Tes
CrystalRose

~
I haven't gotten caught in the act, I'm sure they know the source of the leaves though because who else could it be? Nothing has been done for it. I think they will just ignore my neurotic crafting ways unless they actually catch me doing it.

lol Huzzah for help fixing things. I suppose you've gotten the lining and stuff working now?

~

Hehe true... xD Besides, you work at a fabric store! That's silly... D<
Huzzah indeed... I fixed it, and I finished it, it's goooorgeous!...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:41 am
i -always- have aprogect on me. If i have a couple hours, or even half an hour, and i'm at home, i pull out one of my costumes. If i'm not at home, i always make sure that i have knitting, crocheting, or hand sewing with me, so i never get bored. xp I have some issues with sitting and doing nothing, even if i'm sitting and listening to presentations in a class - if i'm not taking notes or doing something with my hands, i start to fall asleep. And when the presentation is on things that i already know because i *gaspshockamazment* do my reading, i don't end up taking notes. so i knit.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:35 pm
Hence why my crocheting is starting to eat my life. I can't belief I wasnt this fascinated by crochet the last time I picked it up. o.O  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 am
i usually sit in a corner and work with my seed bead bracelets untill my eyes cant take it or my cat decides to launch herself into my beads and strings  

peachkitten

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:13 pm
I just did 2 scarves in Berrocco's Optik, 1 skein each, on size 17 needles. Sew kewl. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:32 am
I'm actually working on a rose right now. Yes, I'm trying to crochet a rose that actually LOOKS like a rose!  

Brunette_Star

Trekkette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:06 am
ninja Pompoms... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:43 am
I actually started an Amigurumi elephant the other day out of boredom. (I'm gonna name him peanuts) but ran out of grey yarn >w  

Peprika

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:04 am
I got suckered into started to knit a sock...

Though the suckering only took an hour the sock will take far more >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:12 am
Peprika
I actually started an Amigurumi elephant the other day out of boredom. (I'm gonna name him peanuts) but ran out of grey yarn >w

gosh that would stink... Today, I cut up jean pants that don't fit me any more, and made them into yarn... But I don't have a big enough needle to use with it. I will have to go to the store eventually...  

pheonixearth

Minyaagar

Eloquent Lover

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:28 pm
hmm.
I don't usually start new projects when I have ones already in the works.
I am knitting a scarf, a second sock, and a shirt that I'm working on and off on.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff