PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:03 am
User Image

Drums : BAN
Vocal : Sou
Guitar : Yu≠ki
Bass : Ryosuke
Guitar : Ryuto
Guitar : Megumi [gone : 2005]

Lolita23q (whose full japanese written name is 'shoujo loliita nijuu-san ku') is a band considered as part of the oshare scene. The label however describes their look rather than their sound. Colourful clothes, abundance of accessories, loud make up - these are definitely some of Lolita's characteristics. But don't let their apparent cuteness misguide you - their music might get pretty heavy and rough at times.

It's worth perhaps pointing out how many of the colourful oshare bands seem to be connected in one way or the other, and this group may serve as a perfect example. Before Lolita23q, Sou was in Various Ray with Irokui's guitarist, Hazuki. Yu≠ki played in Kublick together with the future vocalist of HeaRt, Leon's bassit and Zeek's drummer. In Unbrella, Ryosuke performed with Luvie's Temari and Kazoku's Kaiji, he was also the support guitarist for Mei (the members of which went on to create bis and Kamikaze Boyz), and he and BAN met already in their previous band, Yoidore.

BIOGRAPHY
In September 2004, five young musicians created a session band. They played their first live on November 18th in Takadanobaba AREA, and before the year ended they played 3 more lives in that same venue. Still in December, they also released their first CD - 'otanoshimi enban'. In February, it was followed by 'sui-suiren-ren no heya'. Both of these releases were available only during concerts in Takadanobaba AREA.

For the first few months the band was officially only a session project. But after being warmly welcomed by the audience, Sou, Yu≠ki, Megumi, Ryosuke and BAN decided to continue together full-time. Their first live after Lolita23q's official beginning took place on March 1st, at none other venue than Takadanobaba AREA. Later that same month they participated in an event commemorating the release of 'Hysteric Media Zone 6'. Not only were their 2 songs featured on the CD, there was also a free DVD released which accompanied the omnibus. It contained the band's first PV.

June 21st witnessed the release of their first maxi-single, '23ku kikagakukan', which sold out completely and reached #9 at Oricon indies chart. On that same day another CD, tandeki me:Low, was distributed for free by the Shoxx magazine. Still in the same month Lolita23q went on a coupling tour with Soroban, which ended with a two-man concert.

Then came more lives, a 2nd pressing of their first single, and finally, on August 25th, they played their first one-man concert. The gig, which took place at Takadanobaba AREA, was completely sold out. A free DVD 'at random kata shikaku enban' was distributed during the live. Unfortunatelly not everything was as perfect as it might seem - on that same day Megumi officially left the band.

The band found a replacement pretty soon, and two months later they released the first CD of their 'blue city centre trilogy', recorded already with their new guitarist, Ryuuto. The 2nd CD was released a month later, on November 22nd, and reached the 2nd place at Oricon indies chart. On November 24th, they had another one-man, this time at Shibuya O-WEST. Fans who bought the two previous releases were able to buy a special VHS, and also a third CD which completed the trilogy was distributed during that night. The 'ura - tokyochi?xxx video' sold out completely and to express their thanks, together with Hevn magazine Lolita23q organized a special live at the AREA on December 9th - those who bought the video got in for free!

They didn't rest and continued to perform live, playing even on the New Year's eve - as you could expect, in Takadanobaba AREA. The fast pace had it's influence on Sou health - in mid-December he was suddenly hospitalized. The concert which was supposed to take place on that same night was not cancelled, and Ryosuke filled in for the missing vocalist. Sou was discharged 2 days later and, metaphorically speaking, he went from the hospital door straight back to the livehouse. No rest for these boys!

In February, they released 'murasaki no yume' - a compilation of 4 older tracks, 2 PVs and a bonus track (or actually a 'vonustruck' as they prefer to spell it). On March 1st, they held a live commemorating the anniversary of their first official live in Liquidroom Ebisu. The event was sold out.

May 19th was the date of yet another one-man gig. A special CD was distributed during that night. It might be treated like a special edition pre-sale, since a CD containing the very same songs, although slightly differently entitled, hit the stores 5 days later. A recording of the May one-man at Liquidroom is due out on Lolita's first live DVD in July

Name: 颯 {Sou}
Position: Vocal
Previous bands: Various Ray
Blood type: B
Birthdate: March 25th
Height: ?
Weight: ?
Cigarettes: Don't smoke
Favourite food: Ice, gratin, half cooked rice omelette
Favourite drink: Tea
Favourite brand: Vivian Westwood, Justin Davis
Favourite animal: Dogs
If he would have to marry another band memeber will be: Yuki

Fanmail: sou@lolita23q.sakura.ne.jp

Name: Yuki
Position: Guitar
Previous bands: KYUUBURIKKU
Blood type: 0
Birthdate: May 4th
Cigarettes: Phillip morris super menthol
Favourite food: Medicine against cold
Favourite animal: Warewolf
favourite brand: Vivian Westwood
If he would have to marry another band memeber will be: Sou

Fanmail: yuki-23q@inter7.jp

Name: Ryosuke
Position: Bass
Previous bands: Yoidore, MEI, PAVURO
Blood type: A
Birthdate: July 6th
Cigarettes: Tamani BEVEL
Favourite food: chocolate, candy, pasta, asian curry
Favourite drink: ---
Favourite animal: Koala
Favourite brand: Vivian Westwood, Anna Sui, Putumayo

Fanmail: lolita23q_ryosuke@yahoo.co.jp

Name: Ryuto
Position: Guitar
Previous bands: KYUUBURIKKU
Birthdate: April 29th

Fanmail: ryuto@lolita23q.sakura.ne.jp

Name: BAN
Position: Drums
Previous bands: Yoidore
Birthdate: September 24th
Cigarettes: Philip morris extra ligth
Favourite food: Omelette rice
Favourite drink: Juice
Favourite animal: Cat
Favorite brand: Super Lovers, CUNE, betty's blue, Mezzo piano, ludwig,
Vivian Westwood
If he would have to marry another band memeber will be: Ryuto

Fanmail: suteking-bantama@inter7.jp

Former Members
Name: Megumi
Position: ex-guitar
Previous bands: musashino lavin
Birthdate: October 23th
Blood type: A
Cigarettes: Malboro light
Favourite food: Japanese food
Favourite animal: Fish

He left Lolita23q on August 25th (2005)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:42 pm
There ok i wouldnt say that there the best but there ok
User Imagethere  

Gazette88
Crew

walcalr01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:53 am
I first saw them on Myspace. They sound quite cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:02 pm
i like bands  

white_water1
Vice Captain

JapaneseChick813
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 pm
thats good  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:07 pm
User Image  

Angel_408
Vice Captain

ThePhantomOfTheAuditorium

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:08 am
hummm...i might have to listen to them some time....  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:20 pm
They are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

JapaneseChick813
Captain

Vamp~Edward

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:54 pm
They're cool. I'm not WAY into them cuz; I'm more J-pop. *Don't hurt me. But I love their song, Ishoku Othello.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:43 pm
I've listenend to some of their music and I must say I enjoyed it. ^_^'  

Itchy_Thong

Jesse AnnxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:42 am
I love them
they are adorable and hot at the same time lol  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:55 am
i'm getting back to listening to them xd

i got their first cd in high school....and well...i probably only listened to it...twice.

now i love them. xd xd  

L-article

Vamp~Edward

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:31 pm
Geez, what yummy pictures you've all got, lol.

Yep, they're cool... again. lol

Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff