Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
What do you think when people say HP is evil? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like these people
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
yes, and they should burn in hell
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
no, but they still should burn in hell
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:11 pm
It makes me soooooooooo mad when I hear people talking about Harry Potter that it is evil. How people say that it makes the people who read the books think that witchcraft is real. Our (Willow, Liams, and myself) grandpa Gene thinks that it is evil. It makes us all mad when he says s**t about it. I just want to know what makes you mad or not when people say bad things about HP!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:24 pm
I think parents who get angry that they're kids are reading HP should just be happy that they are reading.

This is not a crack on Christianity or anything, but I think most of the HP hype is from the Christians. Did you know that the word "occult" was not even considered to be an evil thing until the beginning of Christianity. Before then, it was just any other religious word with no negative connotations. It just bothers me that those who say it's a sin to judge others are the most judgemental of the lot.  

willowtree
Captain

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:29 pm
willowtree
I think parents who get angry that they're kids are reading HP should just be happy that they are reading.

This is not a crack on Christianity or anything, but I think most of the HP hype is from the Christians. Did you know that the word "occult" was not even considered to be an evil thing until the beginning of Christianity. Before then, it was just any other religious word with no negative connotations. It just bothers me that those who say it's a sin to judge others are the most judgemental of the lot.

I know what you mean. The parents should be very happy about their children reading a book. Take me for instance. I never read a book unless I had to read it for school. I never liked to read. Until one of my favorite cousins (Willow) told me about Harry Potter. I thought that the books were so good. I love to read now. Not only HP either. I think that you are right about the christians. I know that all Christians aren't like that though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:32 pm
ElvenPrincess
willowtree

I know what you mean. The parents should be very happy about there children are reading a book. Take me for instence. I never read a book unless I had to read it for school. I never liked to read. Until one of my favorite cousins (Willow) told me about Harry Potter. I thought that the books were so good. I love to read now. Not only HP either. I think that you are right about the christians. I know that all Christians aren't like that though.

Yay! I sparked your love of reading!  

willowtree
Captain

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:33 pm
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree

I know what you mean. The parents should be very happy about there children are reading a book. Take me for instence. I never read a book unless I had to read it for school. I never liked to read. Until one of my favorite cousins (Willow) told me about Harry Potter. I thought that the books were so good. I love to read now. Not only HP either. I think that you are right about the christians. I know that all Christians aren't like that though.

Hell yeah you did. I love you ever so much more now!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:35 pm
ElvenPrincess
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree

Aww...I love you too. heart heart  

willowtree
Captain

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:35 pm
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree

Aww...I love you too. heart heart

aww heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:40 pm
I was actually the first of everyone I know to read Harry Potter. The only reason Elven and Liams (and everyone else I know) read it was because I pestered the heck out of them until they read it. Reading a great book is wonderful, but I think talking about it and sharing opinions really makes any book that much better.  

willowtree
Captain

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:43 pm
willowtree
I was actually the first of everyone I know to read Harry Potter. The only reason Elven and Liams (and everyone else I know) read it was because I pestered the heck out of them until they read it. Reading a great book is wonderful, but I think talking about it and sharing opinions really makes any book that much better.

you just lied I finally got my mom to read them. It took me years to get her to. I think that talking about the books are soooooooooo much fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:46 pm
ElvenPrincess
willowtree

you just lied I finally got my mom to read them. It took me years to get her to. I think that talking about the books are soooooooooo much fun.

Oh yeah, I forgot about your mum...but I'm pretty sure everyone else was greatly influenced by me.  

willowtree
Captain

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:48 pm
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree

Oh yeah, I forgot about your mum...but I'm pretty sure everyone else was greatly influenced by me.

Maybe, but I still got someone ha! ha! ha! you didn't get everyone in the family who reads them to read them. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:23 am
i think that people who think that are stupid ignorant morons! 3nodding  

queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100

ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:56 am
queeneb
i think that people who think that are stupid ignorant morons! 3nodding

hell yeah they are!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:00 pm
The first time i started reading Harry Potter was because of a punishment lol. My Dad, stepbrother and I were driving to Florida So after being in the car for say ohh 15 hours, my step-brother and i started fighting about everying (we were young, sibling arguments u know) So my dad just got sooo fed up with us that he pulled the car over, handed each of us a different book and threatened that if we didnt read and be quite he'd turn around and drive home. Luckily, I was given a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone....which was still new, I had never heard of it. I got hooked to say the least and the rest is history  

serenity112286

Elviondeln
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:03 pm
willowtree
It just bothers me that those who say it's a sin to judge others are the most judgemental of the lot.
I completely agree with you on this. I do see a lot of this.

This is the way a lot of religous Harry-Potter-haters see the books; they contain a viewpoint of a boy falling in love with magic and getting really wrapped up into it. They see this embracing of witchcraft as evil, whether it be black magic or white. Just the fact that's it's magic makes it a sin. I think it's a shame that so many people can be as closed-minded as they are; trying to gets the books banned and such. The best we can do it not let them hit our nerves when they call Harry Potter lovers evil, ignore them. If people start retaliating, it will just fuel their fire which won't help anything. *sigh*  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff