Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The Sailor Animamates Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Animamate is your favourite?
  Iron Mouse
  Aluminium Siren
  Lead Crow
  Tin Nyanko
  Other (those found in Manga and/or musicals)
View Results

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:30 am
Which Animamate do you like and why? Let's just have a general discussion about Sailor Galaxia's minions...

Let me open up with Iron Mouse. I find her to be strange, but in a funny way. First of all, she's tiny... at least 30 centimetres shorter than her victims... Perhaps this is average height for Chuuians. This means that her kind are not tall people... kind of obvious as they resemble humanoid mice. She's also afraid of cats, a common stereotype of mice. I find it rather cute how ditzy she is, but it seems she does possess intelligence comparable to Humans.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:35 am
My favorite was Aluminum Siren, she was cute, liked to eat, ditzy, and actually pretty competent, Lead Crow was the one who messed her up, but when she actually works for herself she's pretty smart. Plus she's voiced by the goddess of japanese voice acting, Kikoku Inoue heart

----Iron Mouse is probably my 2nd fav, just because I like her character design. but I think she was kindof used for a comic relief villan, to start out with so viewers would have an easier time adapting to the new villans, plus to get all the humor out of the writers before all the serious stuff happens  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:21 am
I die laughing at Iron Mouse constantly ^-^; She's a great comedy relief, it's the fangirly bumbling idiot they were trying to go for with Mimete, but Iron Mouse's personality was so much better at it!

Lead Crow just struck me as a 'what if Rei was an animamate'. There wasn't much more to her than that at first, but she worked well off of her partner(s). Aluminum Siren is a Michiru-Usagi cross character (which works, oddly enough), so I enjoy watching her. Her death was sad . crying

Tin Nyanko, the only animamate to truely repent for what she did (or, rather, to die trying). She was fun and I was sorry to see her die.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:21 pm
The Animamates aren't actual Sailor Senshi, right? This must mean that they were given their powers by earning Galaxia's favour... So, technically, Sailor Moon StarS just threw in a Sci-fi theme of sorts, expanding the galaxy we live in. Now, if Luna and Artemis are Mauians, like Tin Nyanko, why didn't they become humnaoids in the Anime, like they did in the manga?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

+Trynyti+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:26 pm
I'm one of those poor people who hasn't had the chance to watch the last season, but I still really like Iron Mouse. She's just so cute!
I would love to do a cosplay of her sometime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:13 pm
Rush_Hardroc
The Animamates aren't actual Sailor Senshi, right? This must mean that they were given their powers by earning Galaxia's favour... So, technically, Sailor Moon StarS just threw in a Sci-fi theme of sorts, expanding the galaxy we live in. Now, if Luna and Artemis are Mauians, like Tin Nyanko, why didn't they become humnaoids in the Anime, like they did in the manga?

Simple, Toei screws the bit characters 3nodding Look at what they did to Mamoru throughout the whole series.

Stars' plot was VASTLY different from the manga. All it kept was the characters. Relationships changed, powers changed (the senshi never became Star Form), people were left out, and deaths were re-written. Of course the crows and cats weren't going to turn human, though they did let Luna become human in the S movie. (Wow, that was the first moment that made people realize 'that english voice does NOT fit her... she's a teenager!')  

Syndrama

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:25 pm
Rush_Hardroc

well, the way i always saw it was:

that in the manga the animamates were just normal people from their planet trying not to get destroyed so they joined Galaxia

in the anime i think the animamates they were senshi turned evil by Galaxia (like we see from Tin Nyanko who turns a little bit into her true self, and that "true self" is a Senshi)

humanoid cats? (other than S movie Luna) perhaps they wanted to focus more on the Starlights or something...that and the mostly male drawing staff wanted to avoid drawing bishonen-y Artemis xd

actually if u notice in the StarS, the only returning minor character is Usagi's Mom and the cats....i missed Yuuichiro and Naru! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:52 pm
~Alechsa~
Of course the crows and cats weren't going to turn human, though they did let Luna become human in the S movie. (Wow, that was the first moment that made people realize 'that english voice does NOT fit her... she's a teenager!')

Agreed.
I saw Luna's human form long before I saw the S movie, and couldn't believe how bad the dubbed voice for her was.
I never got the chance to watch it in Japanese, sadly.

+Trynyti+

Mrs DelaRosa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:29 pm
+Trynyti+
~Alechsa~
Of course the crows and cats weren't going to turn human, though they did let Luna become human in the S movie. (Wow, that was the first moment that made people realize 'that english voice does NOT fit her... she's a teenager!')

Agreed.
I saw Luna's human form long before I saw the S movie, and couldn't believe how bad the dubbed voice for her was.
I never got the chance to watch it in Japanese, sadly.

I loved her dubbed voice! sweatdrop And even when I saw the S movie, and she transformed, I didn't realize she was a teenager... I saw her as an adult... that's what she looked like to me anyway...

but what I wondered, why were her eyes red as a cat and then blue as a human? LOL heart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 am

Haha!
I didn't notice the change in eye color,
'cause I've only seen the black-and-white pictures of human Luna in the comics.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Mrs DelaRosa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 am
Magical Girl Yossy

Haha!
I didn't notice the change in eye color,
'cause I've only seen the black-and-white pictures of human Luna in the comics.

Oh... haha sorry! sweatdrop I meant the change in eye color in the S movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:01 am
Should we just assume that Mauians are shapeshifters with the ability to change between a humanoid form and a cat form?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:36 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Should we just assume that Mauians are shapeshifters with the ability to change between a humanoid form and a cat form?

That's what they stated in the manga. That the Mauians Luna and Artemis changed to cats to guard Serenity in a way that wouldn't be so well ntoiced by any enemies. Tin Nyanko also had the ability to FORCE them to change to human, then change them into REAL cats that could not speak (Then killed them... because in the manga, TinNyanko was a b***h and not a redemption case). She may have been granted Sailor Mau's power after Mau was destroyed by Galaxia.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:40 am
I dunno, but my favorite out of them was Lead Crow. Not many people like her, but I love the fact that she had wings in the comic.

But I agree, her death was sad!  

Lyrical Suicide

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 am
yeah... why did they take her wings away? Are not Coronians supposed to be able to fly, hence the name Lead CROW? What's that all about?  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff