Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Charm Bracelets (help)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:12 pm
*runs in circles like she's had her head cut off* Help me! xd

I want to make matching charm bracelets for myself and my daughter (though she wont be able to get hers until she's about 3 years old). My idea is to make braclets with the "full armor of God" (Ephesians 6:13-17) something to be a reminder to protecet your heart mind and body from evil and such.
My issue is I have no clue where to get the charms I would need. What I would need for each braclet is one each of a belt, suit of armor or a brestplate, shoes, shield, helmet, and sword.

Any ideas as to where I'd find charms along those lines would be GREATLY appricated. I'll deffinatly(sp?) put up pictures when I get them made.

heart Thank you for your time! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:16 pm
I know that i can find some strange stuff at a beading store near here, and it changes regularly. I also know that they're willing to put a sticky note saying what kind of charms/beads your looking for, and a phone number, and first name, so that if they get some in, they'll call. (if they don't loose the post-it) you might try looking for a local beading store.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:56 pm
kochi~mochi
I know that i can find some strange stuff at a beading store near here, and it changes regularly. I also know that they're willing to put a sticky note saying what kind of charms/beads your looking for, and a phone number, and first name, so that if they get some in, they'll call. (if they don't loose the post-it) you might try looking for a local beading store.
Why didn't I think of that? The first place that came to mind was someplace like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I'll have to look into some of the local beading stores. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:30 pm
biggrin People tend to forget specialty shops when its called a bead store and your looking for charms. mad D If there were charm shops you'd probably have thought of it. 3nodding  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:19 pm
Very true. Now I just have to find a beading shop around here. Though once I find the charms making the bracelets will be super easy. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm
Silver Sunrise
*runs in circles like she's had her head cut off* Help me! xd

I want to make matching charm bracelets for myself and my daughter (though she wont be able to get hers until she's about 3 years old). My idea is to make braclets with the "full armor of God" (Ephesians 6:13-17) something to be a reminder to protecet your heart mind and body from evil and such.
My issue is I have no clue where to get the charms I would need. What I would need for each braclet is one each of a belt, suit of armor or a brestplate, shoes, shield, helmet, and sword.

Any ideas as to where I'd find charms along those lines would be GREATLY appricated. I'll deffinatly(sp?) put up pictures when I get them made.

heart Thank you for your time! heart

There are places out there that have an already made armor of God bracelet, but I'm sure that's not exactly what you want. While googling "armor of god charms" I found this that you might find super interesting!

http://www.jewelrybyrhonda.com/webpages/christiancakecharms.htm

It's kind of a chart on how to use certain charms to symbolize parts of your religion. I'm very non-religious and even I thought this was a kick-a** thing to do! So it might not be what you want, but you could possibly alter your idea a bit if this tickles your fancy.

You could even do something like give her a starter charm bracelet at 3 with some basic charms symbolizing things she'll understand and give her a new charm every year teaching her a new aspect of Christianity giving her more complex interpretations as she is able to understand them. By the time she's in high school, her bracelet will more than remind her all the little lessons you want her to remember every day. And she'll look forward to the tradition every birthday kind of like a right of passage. Aww! Now I'm all caught up in my own idea.  

Catcheen
Crew

.~RyuLuna~.

3,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:33 am
Shrink-a-Dink. You know that plastic stuff you color on then bake. I think it would be something special for you and your daughter to work on it together and make your own charms.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:52 am
Catcheen
There are places out there that have an already made armor of God bracelet, but I'm sure that's not exactly what you want. While googling "armor of god charms" I found this that you might find super interesting!

http://www.jewelrybyrhonda.com/webpages/christiancakecharms.htm

It's kind of a chart on how to use certain charms to symbolize parts of your religion. I'm very non-religious and even I thought this was a kick-a** thing to do! So it might not be what you want, but you could possibly alter your idea a bit if this tickles your fancy.
I will have to take a look at that. 3nodding Thank you for the link!

Catcheen
You could even do something like give her a starter charm bracelet at 3 with some basic charms symbolizing things she'll understand and give her a new charm every year teaching her a new aspect of Christianity giving her more complex interpretations as she is able to understand them. By the time she's in high school, her bracelet will more than remind her all the little lessons you want her to remember every day. And she'll look forward to the tradition every birthday kind of like a right of passage. Aww! Now I'm all caught up in my own idea.
Oooo! I love the idea if the starter braclet! *makes some notes* I am so going to do that for baby girl. Thank you again!

.~RyuLuna~.
Shrink-a-Dink. You know that plastic stuff you color on then bake. I think it would be something special for you and your daughter to work on it together and make your own charms.

I may have to look into that. It could be a fun craft project when she's older.  

Silver Sunrise

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:35 am
I don't really have any ideas that are unique, but I just wanted to mention that that is such a great idea! I'm not a very religious person, actually I'm agnostic. But idea on it's own is just incredible! I love it!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:11 am
storyfromthestars
I don't really have any ideas that are unique, but I just wanted to mention that that is such a great idea! I'm not a very religious person, actually I'm agnostic. But idea on it's own is just incredible! I love it!
^_^ Thank you. I got the idea from a rather odd dream. xd I get insparation for the weirdest places.  

Silver Sunrise

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff