Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Grammar and the English langue!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:54 am
I'm sorry if this seems stupid, but, I'd find it very insulting if I went out of my way and took the effort to learn English just to have the people that already know it degrade it. Does that make sense? I just find it very insulting that I went out of my way and put alot of effort into learning english just to have it degraded so much. I almost feel like I wasted my time. If I can use proper grammar in two langues why is it so hard for people who only do it in one!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 am
Well, normal people that are here on Gaia are newbs and do not know proper grammar yet. Give them some time and maybe they will learn it. That's why we Grammarians are here to help them and not just degrade them like they do us, right?

Alexia Angel Holtes

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:13 am
You do have a point but I don't see a lot of improvement as the newbies get used to Gaia I have friends how are in college and don't type out their sentences and it makes me mad. Why can't they put in the effort to type their words out when they only took out one or two letters?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:07 am
Because, they do not like being perfectionists, but some that do want to be perfectionists come to us. And, not to mention, that not all newbs are like that, always remaining with improper grammar and such. Grammarians like us do not need to lower ourselves to make everyone much better people, it's low and worse than newbs are that don't use grammar. I think it would be a worse fate, to degrade them instead of helping, because degrading makes them worse while Helping makes them better in the long run, right?

Alexia Angel Holtes

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:22 am
That's very true. 'Tis better to help than flame. However, we're still allowed to blow off a little steam in our little sanctuary here.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:30 am
*blinks a couple of times* That is true, but I was just saying, that we cannot just degrade them all the time, makes us like them. Besides, I honestly hate newbs, but for some reason, I can't help but help them. *shrugs*

Alexia Angel Holtes

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:11 am
I think it goes like this: "They're grammar nazis, so I'm going to pick their mistakes up, therefore becoming a grammar nazi myself onwards."

Man, I love logic. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 am
I say it's laziness and a need to look "cool" to everyone else. Bookworms and people who write grammar aren't exactly popular in most schools. confused Which is sad, really, considering that one day we all will rule the world. whee  

Patron with a Mission

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48 am
dameonmac5918
I say it's laziness and a need to look "cool" to everyone else. Bookworms and people who write grammar aren't exactly popular in most schools. confused Which is sad, really, considering that one day we all will rule the world. whee

but I'm cool and I'm a book worm. Yes it is sad that in most schools the book worms and such are considered "dorks" because we probily will rule the world!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:50 am
I'm the smartest kid in the school to most, but I'm loved. Honestly, I'm a cool bookworm.  

MadnessFreak

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am
MadnessFreak
I'm the smartest kid in the school to most, but I'm loved. Honestly, I'm a cool bookworm.

I'm loved too! Most of the smart people at my school are cool!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:16 pm
Well, it's strange in my school. All the smart cool people congeal in this mass called the 'Caf Crew'. All the smart people are the people who don't want to participate in cliques, so we have an anti-clique. It's just about anyone who's cool and smart. Anybody can come in and have a good time, though.

To hell with what the other people at school think about us. All I can say is that in the group of people I hang out with, I'm pretty fly. cool  

SilverBellsAbove

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff