Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:14 pm
Sega and Nintendo Join Forces for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

The legendary icons come together for the first time

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sega Corporation and Nintendo Co. Ltd. today made a historical announcement that two of the biggest icons in the entertainment industry, Mario and Sonic, are joining forces to star in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Developed for the Wii and the Nintendo DS, this momentous agreement marks the first time these two renowned stars have appeared together in a game.

Published by Sega across Europe and North America, and published by Nintendo in the Japanese market, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games will be available for Holiday 2007 and is licensed through a worldwide partnership with International Sports Multimedia (ISM), the exclusive interactive entertainment software licensee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, players will compete in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Using a supporting cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, gamers will be able to compete as or against a range of lovable personalities including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails and more. Innovative usage of the Wii and DS control systems to maneuver a favorite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal.

“We are thrilled to partner with Nintendo and ISM on this groundbreaking title,” said Hisao Oguchi, President and Chief Operating Officer, Sega Corporation. “For the first time, two of the world’s greatest games’ characters come together to compete in the world’s greatest sporting event and we couldn’t be more excited.”

“Mario and Sonic have been respectful rivals since the early days of video games,” says Shigeru Miyamoto, Senior Managing Director and General Manager, Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd.. “In fact, for a long time they have been discussing the possibility of one day competing against each other. Now that they have been given the perfect opportunity to meet at the Olympic Games, we may finally learn who is actually faster, Mario or Sonic?”

“The Olympic Games represent the true spirit of competition and passion,” said Raymond Goldsmith, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ISM. “Bringing together intensely competitive and fun characters like Mario and Sonic in an Olympic setting helps showcase the sports of the Olympic Games in a new and compelling way for all generations.”  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:41 am

Interesting . . . oO;

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

_CFTM
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:01 am
Ah... I'm a little confused sweatdrop Is this a game? Or is this a game and event? Or is this a game where players determine the result of who wins at the Olympics? (Yeah, I know, that last question was really far-fetched rolleyes )  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 pm
xd It's a fictional game based on a factual event. It's kinda like Madden '07. Instead, it's based on the 2008 Olympics. You just replace all the real people with game mascots wink  

Edymion
Captain

_CFTM
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:31 am
Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up xd It sounds really interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 pm
I can't wait to see how Sega fashions the control scheme. I think it would be awesome if they include some accessory that would make the gameplay totally tight xd  

Edymion
Captain

Invulnerable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:27 pm
It certainly sounds interesting...  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:38 am
I CANT FLIPPING WAIT!! This is something i have been waiting for ever since gamecube. It sounds like hella fun. i think its gonna be like a party game.. oh i just cant wait... mrgreen  

darknynja

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:50 pm
You've been waiting for a sports Olympic game staring the cast of Nintendo and Sega all in one offering? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:42 pm
Does everyone know what this means? This is a possible window for Nintendo to tell us all what we realy want to here....Sonic will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Yeah i know it's far featched but a man can dream cant he?  

RatmasterD21

anothernintendofanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:33 am
its kind of intersesting ive always wanted to see these two together but it doesn't look to great.  
Wii Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games