Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
A little help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koyuki-Hime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:24 pm
Well I received a message from one of my friends. It was so illerate that I could hardly read a word of it. So therefore I have no idea what to say to that person. So if your good at decoding chat speak please help. This is the message she sent me:
Quote:
o but have u see me at all i saw u i thing u set in the back of the allthetommea u know in school u go in then u turn lelf & walk in there the back that were u set the BACK e-mail me back ok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:34 pm
'o but have u see me at all i saw u i thing u set in the back of the allthetommea u know in school u go in then u turn lelf & walk in there the back that were u set the BACK e-mail me back ok.'

Here's a possible idea:

Oh, but have you seen me? I saw you, I think you sit in the back of the <>. You know in (as in giving directions) school: you turn left and walk in the back. That's where you sit: in the BACK. Could you email me back, ok /please?

Argh. I have a headache. What the heck is an 'allthetommea', anyway?

And that first sentence doesn't even make much sense. 'Oh, have you seen me?' Ugh. What the was he/she trying to say to you?  

SilverBellsAbove

Koyuki-Hime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:32 pm
Thanks. I also got a headache reading it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 pm
I don't know what it says! You should ask your friend an dthen tell us!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:51 pm
Koyuki-Hime
Well I received a message from one of my friends. It was so illerate that I could hardly read a word of it. So therefore I have no idea what to say to that person. So if your good at decoding chat speak please help. This is the message she sent me:
Quote:
o but have u see me at all i saw u i thing u set in the back of the allthetommea u know in school u go in then u turn lelf & walk in there the back that were u set the BACK e-mail me back ok

*turns on the NoobSpeak Assistant*

Alright...help me out here, computer.

Processing...please wait.

"Oh, but have you seen me at all? I saw you. I think you sit in the back of the [unable to translate "allthetommea"], You know, in school, you go in and turn left and walk in there, the back where you sit, the back. Email me back, okay?"

*sniffs the air* Oh, no! The computer fried! *computer sizzles and dies* Guess it was too much to translate "allthetommea..." *sigh* In any case, this is the best translation I have.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games