Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight-Related Fanart
Because of Edward I have unrealistic expectations for men XD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You too?
  Heck yes
  Ew, I'm not gay
View Results

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:43 pm
This was in one of my Facebook groups!

Basically,

Because of Edward Cullen I expect (my) men to:
- play the piano
- be able to compose their own songs
- surprise me
- save me from being killed by a car

It doesn't have to be realistic, and you don't have to have a boyfriend/spouse! Have fun everybody! biggrin

EDIT: Guys can go "because of Isabella Swan I have unrealistic expectations for (my) women".  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:49 pm
I feel the same way. I suddenly got antraction to anyone that played piano, has alburn (sp?) hair, has certain shade of brown eyes, etc. Also, my guy firends that like me that i thought were kinda cute I know dont because I compare every guy I know to Edward Cullen.  

quadrophenia555

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:49 pm

There's nothing really special about Bella...
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:53 pm
Epitaph of the Twilight

There's nothing really special about Bella...
Epitaph of the Twilight

she is a mary sue it kinda gets on my nerves  

quadrophenia555

Mystifying Social Disease

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:07 am
I know I haven't had a crush on anybody since twilight because I expect an Edward Cullen!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:06 pm
Well, I've never expected Edward-esque looks from guys (Because we all know that's impossible), but I want someone who is at least nice and romantic, with Edward's amazing sexiness, too. X3

I'd actually be more attracted to somebody with Jacob's qualities, because he seems to be the extremely loyal and loving type who would never intentionally hurt you.

Not that Edward isn't loving and loyal. It's just that on the rare occasions when he does make mistakes, they're often very, very stupid with horrible results (i.e. causing Bella to suffer physical AND emotional pain for months). XD  

Cynical Optimist

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:54 pm
Because of edward i expect the guy i will eventually end up with to...

1. play some sort of instrament and play it good.
2.he has to be EXTREMELY romantic
3. if he cant quote @ least 3 of lines from Romeo and Juliet then BUHBYE!!!

LOL rofl nah i'll be happy with whomever God sends me. although it would be nice if he could do @ least the last one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Epitaph of the Twilight
There's nothing really special about Bella...Epitaph of the Twilight

quadrophenia555

i feel the same about the mary sueness. although i have to disagree with you Epitaph. she is special in her own way  

kiyamasho

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:56 am
kiyamasho
Epitaph of the Twilight
There's nothing really special about Bella...Epitaph of the Twilight

quadrophenia555

i feel the same about the mary sueness. although i have to disagree with you Epitaph. she is special in her own way

I don't know about that, but oh well...
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm
innerbeauty
Well, I've never expected Edward-esque looks from guys (Because we all know that's impossible), but I want someone who is at least nice and romantic, with Edward's amazing sexiness, too. X3

I'd actually be more attracted to somebody with Jacob's qualities, because he seems to be the extremely loyal and loving type who would never intentionally hurt you.

Not that Edward isn't loving and loyal. It's just that on the rare occasions when he does make mistakes, they're often very, very stupid with horrible results (i.e. causing Bella to suffer physical AND emotional pain for months). XD

Edward is my favorite, but like you, innerbeauty, I'd rather go for someone more like Jake. He's realistic (and wonderful) enough that I'd look for him in the guys in my life. Edward is just too good to be true crying  

Ashtaroth the Dark

lost_smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:56 am
Qnd why shouldn't we have higher expectations for our guys. It seems like most girls are happy when their boy calls them and they feel that thats enough, so ladies I say lets compair them to Edward from now on.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:53 pm
Edward has ruined guys for me completely. I compare everyone to him,and of course he is incredibly amazing and they are just average. Sometimes I wish I hadn't read Twilight. Then I banish the thought along with that one about comminting one of the seven deadly sins. Stupid wonderfully romantic and perfect Edward!  

SummerSmith

HeartlessMagic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:30 pm
i agree. because of Edward, i cant seem to settle for any guy. i usually dont like to date anyways, but there has always been someone that ive had a crush on. but not anymore.. no guy seems to be able to live up to the standards that i have unconsciously put up in my mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:51 am
Ashtaroth the Dark
innerbeauty

Edward is my favorite, but like you, innerbeauty, I'd rather go for someone more like Jake. He's realistic (and wonderful) enough that I'd look for him in the guys in my life. Edward is just too good to be true crying
I think I'd have to say the same thing -- although I would want someone like Edward, I might be more attracted to a Jacob... But with a lot of Edward's qualities... Ok, so scratch that. I'm not entirely sure anymore. *headdesk*

But because of Edward/Jacob/TW, I expect (my) men to:
--play various musical instruments (piano and guitar, most prominently. But maybe also trumpet because that's supposed to strengthen mouth muscles! *drool*)
--pleasantly surprise me. Often.
--know when I'm in a bad mood and cheer me up. Which is a feat in itself because when I'm in a bad mood I'm really in a bad mood.
--have a underlying British accent (or Scottish or Australian... But predominantly British.)
--be able to take my breath away with a look.
--have a really sexy smile.
--have a twinkle in his eyes when he's happy/amused.
--be really caring and sensitive.
--be able to express his feelings -- and make me feel comfortable doing the same.
--be fun and romantic.
--have semi-long hair -- long enough for me to run my fingers through.
--willing to defend me for anything, but also willing to let me fight my own battles.

*looks a list* Oh, man. I'm never going to find a man. Thanks a bunch, Stephenie. *facepalm*

And I totally agree with lost_smile. We shouldn't just be happy with what we can get! It's a bit degrading, actually...

Niamara

Azarni Usagi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:35 pm
aaagh, I do that too. I used to date this guy, Austin, and I thought he was really nice..even if he did call waaay too much. You know how most girls get pissed because their boyfriend never calls them? I got pissed because he called too much! But anyway, after Christmas, when I got Twilight, I just didn't like him as much. Edward was so much cooler, and nicer. I mean, I started expecting him to at least ask if I was ok when I fell (Which is often, so before I didn't care), which he didn't do, to be able to take my breath away just by looking at me (hell no), to be able to cheer me up, or calm me down when I was royally pissed, (Which I am often, 'cause of this stupid airhead girl at my school. Luckily I don't have to deal with her anymore). He couldn't do any of these things, and we broke up. Now, my guy must:

-Care about me enough to try and catch me when I fall (Literally AND figuratively)
-Be able to deal with my unpredictable mood swings (Well, most of them. Some of them I don't expect ANYONE to deal with)
-Deal with my obsessions and fangirlish-ness. (Mainly anime, yaoi, and Twilight)
-Get used to me glomping and hugging them. (I LOVE glomping people)
-Have long hair, but not too long, just enough to run my fingers through. (Hey, Niamara, we agree!)
-Look decent, if not totally hot and sexy
-Be able to take my breath away by looking at me
-Support me in whatever I do (And I do some pretty crazy things, like colorguard. XD)
-Not be grossed out by my yaoi obsession
-Have a sense of humor
-Call, but not all the time. Maybe once every two days...
-Be able to talk about anything with me, from farts to evolution to innermost feelings
-I must bicker and compete with this person about the silliest and stupidest things. (I know, weird, but being with someone who always agreed with me would bore me to tears. Besides, fightings fun, and there's always the make-up for serious fights.)

Damn, I'll never get a guy....I'm too picky.....I WANT EDWARD!! crying crying sweatdrop  
Twilight-Related Fanart

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff