Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Can you understand what this person's saying? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Make sense to you?
  Ummm... a little...
  ???????
View Results

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:55 am
I have my own avatar art shop, and one of my clients is being very picky. I will not mention her name, as that would just be unfair and I hate spreading hateful comments about people behind their back. But she sent me this message about her preferences for her picture. Now: just read it.

ok can u make the hair like anime hair u know without the hairs showing u can add some shines at the tope of the head. can u make the eye top ( : <--the top part) the line a little lower from the eye lashes, make jins hair in the back a little bigger like this , this is ur --- to ----- the hair in the back. but i have to tell u itssss sooooooo cute so far ^_^ ohh yeah u knoe the bangs of Jin make it ..from near the eye one, make it a little thiner and if theres a little space just make a little hair, like a bang after that one ^_^ to go with the other near it ^_^ make the hair on the forhead a little up to show one ..and make hes nose a little curver, yeah i know i wrote a lot for u ^_^ but i just want it cute and im also helping u to learn how to draw, improving ur skills ... i could draw one but i dont have a scanner, i have made 4 of my character before i got the sun staff and celestial wrap but i didnt have a scanner at the time. ohh yeah im sure u know but make the calf of the leg a little mussle
I didn't have a clue what she was going on about... but I certainly noticed the comment on her 'helping me how to draw', which upset me. But that's beside the point. So, I replied:

This might sound rude or ignorant of me, but could you stop writing in text speak... because I can't understand much of what you're saying... I'm a grammar freak, you see, and I find it really hard to read short-hand or abbreviations...

It was the most honest answer I can give in that situation. I really didn't understand any of it, and I still don't. Any translations would be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:17 am
This girl is a moron maybe or just lazy rolleyes  

Fathergia2

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:47 am
Wolfie Kid
[

ok can u make the hair like anime hair u know without the hairs showing u can add some shines at the tope of the head. can u make the eye top ( : <--the top part) the line a little lower from the eye lashes, make jins hair in the back a little bigger like this , this is ur --- to ----- the hair in the back. but i have to tell u itssss sooooooo cute so far ^_^ ohh yeah u knoe the bangs of Jin make it ..from near the eye one, make it a little thiner and if theres a little space just make a little hair, like a bang after that one ^_^ to go with the other near it ^_^ make the hair on the forhead a little up to show one ..and make hes nose a little curver, yeah i know i wrote a lot for u ^_^ but i just want it cute and im also helping u to learn how to draw, improving ur skills ... i could draw one but i dont have a scanner, i have made 4 of my character before i got the sun staff and celestial wrap but i didnt have a scanner at the time. ohh yeah im sure u know but make the calf of the leg a little mussle

I think this is what it says; someone correct me if I'm wrong:

"Okay, can you make the hair like the anime hair [anime style], you know, without the hair showing [I think she means without lines], and add some shine on top of the head [I think]? Can you make the eye top (?! Oh...the eyes), a little lower from the eyelashes [she wants the eyes lower than the eyelashes? I think she meant eyebrow], make the hair a little bigger like this (?) {skipped portion due to not understanding} But I have to tell you, it's so cute this far. Oh, yeah, the bangs of Jin make it from the...{Okay, I think I will just say that she would like two bangs on both sides of the head..something like that} and make his nose more curved. Yeah, I know I wrote a lot for you, but I just want it cute, and I'm also helping you learn to draw, improving your skills...I could draw one, but I don't have a scanner. I have made four of my characters before I got the sun staff and the celestial wrap, but I didn't have a scanner at the time. Oh, yeah, I"m sure you know, but make the [leg calf, I think] a little muscular. Oh, yeah, and the cute little wolves on the background on your profile such as the three wolves picture. They're so kawaii (cute [hey I learned something..who knew?]. Thanks you so much!

-------------

I think that is what she said. As for your art, I truly hope she is happy. I loved your art very much, and it is currently on my wall. ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:00 pm
I understood a fair amount of that, and I'm sure that is only because alot of my friends are horrible at spelling. I give my congrats to dameonmac5918, who did I really good job translating it. mrgreen Had I a medal, I would give you it. 3nodding  

Lunar Faerie

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:15 pm
wink Just trying to help.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:22 am
I'm sorry, but how exactly does this paragraph help you "improve your skills"? She isn't helping you learn how to draw, she isn't giving you technique suggestions or tips on coloring or anything of the sort, she's just telling you exactly what she wants you to draw for her. stare People like that annoy me, and I'm lucky none of my customers have done that to me so far! :O

I also commend you for accepting this person's commission. I have no idea what the hell she wants from you. confused

This sentence here confuses me:
Quote:
i could draw one but i dont have a scanner, i have made 4 of my character before i got the sun staff and celestial wrap but i didnt have a scanner at the time.

She says she doesn't have a scanner, but then she claims to have drawn four pictures of her avatar but she didn't have a scanner at the time. Doesn't that imply that she does have a scanner now? This person is weird. eek  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.. what was that?

You can paint your life a rainbow of colors.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 am
Thank you. At least my head doesn't hurt quite as much as it did. As for the girl, she now has her picture... and I can finally have some peace without her constantly PMing me stuff I can't understand... sigh.. 3nodding  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Alicinfia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:29 am
Wolfie Kid
I have my own avatar art shop, and one of my clients is being very picky. I will not mention her name, as that would just be unfair and I hate spreading hateful comments about people behind their back. But she sent me this message about her preferences for her picture. Now: just read it.

I didn't have a clue what she was going on about... but I certainly noticed the comment on her 'helping me how to draw', which upset me. But that's beside the point. So, I replied:

This might sound rude or ignorant of me, but could you stop writing in text speak... because I can't understand much of what you're saying... I'm a grammar freak, you see, and I find it really hard to read short-hand or abbreviations...

It was the most honest answer I can give in that situation. I really didn't understand any of it, and I still don't. Any translations would be greatly appreciated.

You'd think if they wanted something done a certain way, they'd at least tell you in correct English. Not that anyone should be telling you how to draw them a picture anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:56 pm
It's a good thing its said and done...

I didn't even notice that contradiction in the paragraph. confused  

Patron with a Mission

Setsu-P has stepped out

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:34 am
I think a certain amount of "I'd like it to be like this, please" is allowed, but if you're going to be so critical and so exacting, you need to word it much better than that person did.

You're very forgiving. Kudos.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:49 am
o.O

I'm surprised she didn't draw it in paint and e-mail it to you to show you how it should be...  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:25 am
Heheh. Grammar icon...

I don't think that made any sense...

>_>

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:37 am
Um, okay, that girl is pyshco!

Alexia Angel Holtes

Lacus_And_Kira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 pm
A bit of a confusing mess that was. If the person was trying to make it understandable to a broad audience I think she failed.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff