Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Reoccuring visions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:54 am
Lately I've been having this dream that I'm sitting in a field of daisies, peacefully taking in the soft wind and the scents of the plants surrounding me, when this large wolf steps gracefully out infront of me. He stares at me for a few moments before calmly approaching me, tugging at the hem of my robes as if to get me to follow him. We begin to walk at a steady pace, but eventually break into a run. I grow tired of jogging easily, so the wolf lets me ride on his back, and off in the distance ahead of us I can see a large, withered looking tree. Yet even before we are halfway between the tree and where we met in the field, the wolf softly whispers something to me that is too difficult to completely define. Unfortunately I seem to wake up immediately after I hear the wolf whisper. We've never reached the tree.

What's more odd is that this wolf will appear while I'm practicing my divination through scrying a mirror or crystal ball as well. I've tried to use visualization to see if we could travel any further, or atleast try and hear what he is whispering again, but I'm still having trouble recognizing the significance of these visions of that wolf.

I called my grandmother to see if she might be able to help me decipher the meaning; she told me that the wolf could be a possible reincarnate of mine, but she's not entirely sure because some things about the visions are still very vague.

I'm beginning to think it might be an omen.

Has anyone had visions such as this before?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:43 pm
Well, I tend not to have recurring dreams, and the normal dreams I have tend not to involve wolves. Sorry, can't help you there. I can however, throw out some speculation about the symbolism.

The part where you sit in the field, at complete ease, could perhaps be a reflection of inner peace. You know your surroundings, you are at easy in them. Perhaps meditating on a specific aspect.

Wolves often represnt strength in a community. What community this is, I have no clue. Maybe it's a call to came to help in your community. Maybe it's saying that there is strength in your community that could be used to help others. maybe you could use your community to help in figuring out what the wolf is saying (which you are doing now, in a certain sense, the online Pagan Gaia community)

The tree could be seen as what you need to help. If it's an outward representation of something in you, or something outside you, I have no clue. That's the main focus of the dream though. There is something that must be helped. Cured, or maybe put out of it's misery. The wolf will help in this.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Hope it helps!

Don't you love how dreams can be so vague?

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:02 pm
Hon, it might be your spirit animal... I can't really say... Next time, try being in a trance state... Meditate, and maybe you'll get farther. If it is your spirit animal, it should appear in the meditative trance, to guide you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:32 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, I tend not to have recurring dreams, and the normal dreams I have tend not to involve wolves. Sorry, can't help you there. I can however, throw out some speculation about the symbolism.

The part where you sit in the field, at complete ease, could perhaps be a reflection of inner peace. You know your surroundings, you are at easy in them. Perhaps meditating on a specific aspect.

Wolves often represnt strength in a community. What community this is, I have no clue. Maybe it's a call to came to help in your community. Maybe it's saying that there is strength in your community that could be used to help others. maybe you could use your community to help in figuring out what the wolf is saying (which you are doing now, in a certain sense, the online Pagan Gaia community)

The tree could be seen as what you need to help. If it's an outward representation of something in you, or something outside you, I have no clue. That's the main focus of the dream though. There is something that must be helped. Cured, or maybe put out of it's misery. The wolf will help in this.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Hope it helps!

Don't you love how dreams can be so vague?

That's actually more explicit than what my grandmother told me. ^_^ Thank you.

And the daisies I understand, because when I have peaceful dreams, I'm more than likely relaxing in a field of daisies. It's also what I visualize when I'm stressed out or overwhelmed so that my emotions subside and I become calm.

But oh yes, I love how vague dreams can be. xd This one in particular has actually gone on for a couple weeks, and I've always woken up at the same time. Scrying hasn't made it any more clear either.

I'm going to try and see if I can get any further while meditating as Winter Black suggested, and whom I also thank =)

Kabuki Doll

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:29 pm
I've been told many times that dreams are just fillers for when you're sleeping and have no real purpose or meaning. I don't agree with them, but it's a theory that might put your mind at ease if you get to your wits end on this sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:49 am
I'm going to try and take this interpretation a bit further, but I would definately think that the wolf is more a spirit guide than a reincarnation.

First, I want to deal with the daisies. Flowers and plant life are typically associted with the Goddess, and daisies are more related to the Maiden phase of the Tripple Goddess. And your tree, likewise, my represent the Crone.

I would say that there is definately something in your life that needs attention, and the wolf is trying to guide you there, but there is still some resistance. I think this is why you can neither hear what he is saying, or ever reach the tree. The resistance my not be conscious on your part, or you may feel that what you are resisting would have any baring on these dreams. Try sitting quietly and reflecting on what's happening in your life right now. After you've done that, see if anything changes.

Wolf as a totem or spirit guide represents a teacher, and represents an individual who walks alone, and does not always choose the easiest road.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Dr. Arcane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:11 pm
As far as the vagueness of dreams goes, I have seen worse. All the responses so far are quite good. I will just throw a few more items into the mix.

The recurring nature of the dream is the signature of a message that has not been received, heard, understood, or acted on (just in case you have figured out the message on some level but have not done anything about it yet). The repitition underlines the point of the wolf whispering to you but you are not hearing him(or her). Spirit guide, totem animal, subconscious, whatever, does not make much diference just yet. Although the teacher thing rings true, I think.

The simplest approach to this dream is that you are in a comfortable place in life, but now something is tugging at you to go to this other place. What should you be learning or branching out to that you have not been dealing with? If someone says "tree" to you, what is the first few thing to mind? A family tree? Tree of life? (The tree is the tough part here). Trees also unite the ancient elements, air, earth, and water; druids liked them for that. Perhaps you could meditate on it in the presence of an old tree, if one is available? No tools, just you and a tree.

I recommend making a deliberate attempt to re-enter the dream. If it takes days, keep telling yourself, at bedtime, over and over, that you are going back there, and you will hear the message and reach the tree. Could take a week, but worth a try.

In general, for what it might be worth, your life needs to be growing in a different direction/place but you are avoiding leaving your comfortable/easy place.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games