Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Potions class
  has to be the hardest!
View Results

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:54 pm
There are quite a few I've really enjoyed, but I think my vote goes to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer`s Stone. It's just magical. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:44 am
Same here, there are quite a few, but the one that I really liked, and for the life of me the story stayed with me, but the name of the movie, I can't seem to remember...........

Anyway, it was about an alien, who looked human and was a prince of his planet, that came to Earth to hide from assasins from his planet...
He met an Earth girl and fell in love, but eventually, the assasins found him and he had to tell her everything about him and she helped him get away from them......
In the end, he had to leave so he won't put Earth in danger and he faked her death so the assasins won't come back and use her against him...
I watched this movie when I was younger and always thought, what if, and then gaze at the stars in wonder....
After that movie, I was hooked on Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies and books.....

( I know it sounds lame, but it's true...... )  

jailrlee

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

woolfqueen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:33 pm
I'm going to sound pretty lame for this.....The 10th Kingdom. It's a seven hour hodgepodge of every fairtale ever and its hilarious and now that I think about it....pretty lame...but I love it so I forgive myself.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:05 pm
Did anyone here ever watch Spellbinder? It was a short series, which an actual ending, filmed in either Australia or New Zealand several years ago. Wasn't too bad for a made-for-tv series.  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

CONVERSExo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:50 pm
I haven't heard of Spellbinder, but it sounds good. 3nodding

And as Ink mentioned, I love the Harry Potter movies, but would have to vote for the Goblet of Fire. I know there was another movie I liked....can't remember.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:13 pm
I will say Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or The Secret of Nimh. I adored both of those movies very much.  

ObscureEnigma

wickedchildren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:00 pm
woolfqueen
I'm going to sound pretty lame for this.....The 10th Kingdom. It's a seven hour hodgepodge of every fairtale ever and its hilarious and now that I think about it....pretty lame...but I love it so I forgive myself.

i loved the !0th Kingdom, i had a crush on Wolfy

My favorite all time movie ever, is Labrynith with David Bowe. i loved the puppetier work by Jim Henson & company.

the Harry Potter series are very good too, loved the books  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:02 am
My favorite fantasy movie is Final Fantsay 7 Advent Children.  

eddie wilko

5,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:10 am
wickedchildren
woolfqueen

i loved the !0th Kingdom, i had a crush on Wolfy

My favorite all time movie ever, is Labrynith with David Bowe. i loved the puppetier work by Jim Henson & company.

the Harry Potter series are very good too, loved the books

Labyrinth was awesome, those characters that came apart were really spooky.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:12 pm
It might not be the most "hard core" of fantasy but The Princess Bride would have to be my favorite (although Legend and Labrynth come a close second and thrid)  

Hi-Z-32

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:47 am
Hi-Z-32
It might not be the most "hard core" of fantasy but The Princess Bride would have to be my favorite (although Legend and Labrynth come a close second and thrid)

Those are all excellent fantasy movies! You have good taste.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:50 pm
I loved the fantasy movies made with WETA workshop. I drooled over the costumes and sets of LOTR and LWW. I wish the extras were more extensive. But for the movie itself...hard to say.  

Britomartis-the-Valiant

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:46 am
Yes, I would agree that Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings 1, 2, 3, and Dark Crystal were wonderful fantasy movies.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:21 pm
My all time favorite would have to Labyrinth. Although all the Harry Potter movies, Princess Bride, LOTR movies. I liked The 10th Kingdom, but can't remember enough it well enough to say how much.

What is Legend about? I've heard of it and watched the trailer that IMDB has for it, but it doesn't give me enough to go on.  

Little Nightmare

Bailela

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 pm
My favorite would have to be The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers. I just love the scene when the Ents all attack Saruman's tower. It has to my absolute favorite scene of any movie EVER!!! biggrin  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff