Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Aishiteruze Baby ★★ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
1 :: Creator
2 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:18 pm
Story

Kippei Katakura is a 17-year-old playboy who spends his time chasing girls, careless of their feelings. But when his 5-year-old cousin Yuzuyu comes to live with his family after her mother's sudden disappearance, Kippei is put in charge of taking care of her. As Kippei gets to know Yuzuyu and starts to understand how she feels, he also begins to realize that all girls were like Yuzuyu once...

Creator

Yoko Maki was born on July 11 and is originally from Kagoshima Prefecture in the south of Japan. She has a pet dog named Leo. Her hobby is blowing soap bubbles. Maki claims that one of her skills is passing quickly through a crowd of people. She debuted in 1999 with Love Service! in Ribon Original.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:25 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 7 volumes
Status in US :: 7/7 released

User Image
Volume 1
Kippei has a lot to figure out, like what to make for Yuzuyu's lunch and how to drop her off at kindergarten while still getting to high school on time. Kippei is enjoying his time with Yuzuyu, but not everyone is happy about it. The girls at school miss their quality time with Kippei, and one decides to play dirty to get him back.

User Image
Volume 2
Kippei is busy trying to become Kokoro's boyfriend and slips back into his irresponsible ways. He oversleeps and doesn't have time to make Yuzuyu's lunch. Even worse, he spends an afternoon with Kokoro, forgetting to pick up Yuzuyu at kindergarten. Yuzuyu feels like she has become a burden to Kippei, so she decides to walk home by herself...and ends up disappearing!

User Image
Volume 3
A stranger is seen lurking around the kindergarten, and Kippei is asked to investigate. When he finds the stranger, he recognizes his Aunt Miyako--Yuzuyu's mom! Kippei confronts Miyako and learns why she left Yuzuyu in the care of Kippei's family. Kippei wants to reunite Yuzuyu with her mother, but is Miyako ready for such a step?

User Image
Volume 4
Miki Sakashita, a 14-year-old girl who is a distant relative of Yuzuyu, shows up to take Yuzuyu from the Katakura family. When Kippei tries to stop her, Miki pulls out a knife! Miki has run away from home and agrees to stay with the Katakuras, but will Yuzuyu be safe around this violent and angry girl?

User Image
Volume 5
Kippei can't understand why Kokoro is acting distant and refuses his touch. She hasn't told him about Itagaki, a boy who confessed his love and forcibly kissed her even though she refused him. Kokoro is too scared to talk about it, but if she doesn't open up soon the situation could get worse.

User Image
Volume 6
Yuzuyu has a new classmate, Aya, whose older sister takes care of her just like Kippei takes care of Yuzuyu. Unfortunately, Aya and Yuzu overhear Aya's sister complain to Kippei about having to take care of a small child. Kippei starts spending time with Aya and her sister to help out, but Kippei's girlfriend Kokoro is the one who needs Kippei the most...

User Image
Volume 7
Kippei finds a photo of Yuzuyu's mother in the wastebasket. When Kippei shows the photo to Yuzuyu, asking her if she threw the picture of her mother away, Yuzuyu doesn't remember. In fact, Yuzuyu doesn't even know who the woman is--she can't remember her mother at all!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:41 pm
Ok honestly i did not think this series would be good. But i just fell in love with the characters.!!!

Its such a cute story, but ive only read to volume three. crying crying  

Crooked_Lamb

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:51 pm
I have up to volume three.

When I first heard of it, I really doubted that it would be good. I mean, really. I like cute things, but nothing too... fluffy and adorable, but I now LOVE Yuzuyu-chan!!!

This is one of my favorite manga. I love it!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:31 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

I'm in the same boat as you two, I didn't want to read it at first because I thought it was going to be stupid, but after I read it (I borrowed it from a friend) I was in love, plus I have a thin for single dad's so seeing Kippei with Yuzuyu-chan Makes me melt... I honestly think this should be in the magazine over Baby and Me, totally.

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fallen_Aderean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:06 pm
I need two more and I have the whole series. I kinda regret flipping through the last one. *cries* But I won't give it away.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:38 pm
This is one of the cutest manga ive read in a while, and i fell in love with it^^I guess what i like best about it is the fact that, ya, its really cute, but there are also those serious and important parts as well 3nodding  

Bluluv6

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:43 pm
I remember an advert for it, and I thought "I'm never going to read that"

but now I own all the volumes..  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:52 pm
I didn't shoot it down, but when i saw the title i was like "Oh god. It's gonna be about some guy who calls this girl "baby" and they'll fall in love or something. Let's check it out @_@"

But I was so touched by Yuzuyu. I LOVE little kids, so when Kippei comforted her after she ran away to the park the first time I was like " ;o; It'll be okay Yuzu! Kippei will look after you!!!"

(What may be considered a spoiler under this text smile
And when Yuzu's mom came back, I was like ">_< NU! Go away! We hate you!"  

Shodaku

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:41 am
lol

Yep, great story. I love the art too. heart

(OMG it's been a year since my post up there!)  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 pm
I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-
I remember an advert for it, and I thought "I'm never going to read that"

but now I own all the volumes..

Oh man, I was the exact same way!
I read the back and saw that there was a little girl in it (I'm not crazy about kids...so I don't have any interest in reading stories revolving around them)
I don't know what compelled me to buy volume 1....but I did, and I loved it!
My friend, who also doesn't like kids, read it and enjoyed it. AND we both really liked Yuzuyu  

babyteiz

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 am
i thought that the story was cute a little short but still adorable  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 pm
I love this series, but the ending.... *sniffles* WAAAAHHH!!!! It made me cry!!!!!  

Luna Vampire Yuki

nuripyon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:46 pm
I love the story, I just wish that it had ended differently! It makes me so sad that Kippei and Yuzuyu weren't as close as she grew up! I know being with her mom was important for her at that young age, but I still think Kippei did a good job.  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games