Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Beauty Pop Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shojo_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:09 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:12 pm
Story

Although a truly gifted hairstylist, Kiri Koshiba has no interest in using her talent to pursue fame and fortune, unlike the three popular boys in the "Scissors Project" at school. Determined to become the best makeover team in Japan, they give showy makeovers to handpicked girls. As much as Kiri tries to shy away from the Scissors Project spotlight, she finds herself responding to beauty's call...

Shojo_Mule
Crew

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:29 am
Creator

Kiyoko Arai was born in Tokyo, and now resides in Chiba Prefecture. In 1999, she received the prestigious Shogakukan Manga Award for Angel Lip. The popular Dr. Rin ni Kiitemite! (Ask Dr. Rin!) was made into an animated TV show. Beauty Pop is her most recent completed series from Ciao magazine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:32 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 10 volumes
Status in US :: 10/10 released

User Image
Volume 1
Kiri's friend Kanako gives a present to one of the members of the Scissors Project. Her act of kindness is interpreted as a bribe to get a makeover, and they reject her out of hand for being too ugly. Kiri decides to help Kanako and give the boys a lesson in what true beauty is.

User Image
Volume 2
Kiri's identity as the mysterious "X" who does makeovers behind the scenes is now public knowledge as she competes against hairstylist Narumi in a one-on-one Scissors Project challenge. The hairstylist who loses will receive a haircut by the winner--and must endure whatever that haircut might be...

User Image
Volume 3
Tsuyoshi Niida, having taken second place to Narumi's hairstyling once again, is determined to come out on top against the Scissors Project. He issues a challenge, but the Scissors Project needs five people to compete in this beauty battle or they'll lose by default. Narumi needs Kiri's help--but is his desire to win stronger than his pride?

User Image
Volume 4
Kiri steps in to help the injured Narumi in a Scissors Project beauty battle. But before Kiri can complete her magic, reminders of an incident in her past make her too fearful to continue with the cut.

User Image
Volume 5
Narumi's father, Yujiro, a world famous hairstylist with salons across the globe, has never been able to defeat Kiri's father Seiji in a hairstyling competition. Will Narumi be able to surpass his father by winning against Kiri?

User Image
Volume 6
The entire gang travels to Karuizawa to hone their skills. There, they meet Chihiro Osawa, a famous but nasty hairstylist who breaks Kiri's scissors on purpose! But even more distressing to Narumi is a dream he has about Kiri...

User Image
Volume 7
Kiri is undecided about what career she wants to pursue after graduation, but for Narumi it's plain and simple--he's always wanted to become a professional hairstylist. Can Narumi's passion help persuade Kiri to face her dreams?

User Image
Volume 8
Just as the Scissors Project is getting stronger than ever, forces are at work to discredit Kiri and disband the club. What's even more surprising is the person who is behind it all...

User Image
Volume 9
After kissing Kiri accidentally, Narumi struggles to keep his composure during the All-Japan Beauty Tournament. With everything on the line, can the Scissors Project even make it through the preliminaries?

User Image
Volume 10
It's time for the final match in the All-Japan Beauty Tournament, but Narumi and Ochiai are increasingly at odds with each other as they fight over Kiri. Can the Scissors Project win under such circumstances? First editions come with special character stickers.

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:11 pm

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪(‹•
星に願いを恋こそ今すべて•›)‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

Yay! I love Beauty Pop it is too cute. ^w^

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪
(‹•The Very hope of love, is now entirely to the stars•›)‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:48 pm
I love Beauty pop! It's one of the best mangas that I ever read.  

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nanami.x.Yuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:51 am
i luv beauty pop! i wish she could do my hair, i also luv her character! (kiri)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:21 pm
Ah, Beauty Pop...so hilarious! I'm only on volume three crying , but it's really good.  

choirperson

akeikas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:57 am
i love beauty pop!!! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm
Beauty pop is one of my favourite mangas!!! It is so funny!!! Can’t wait for the fifth volume!!!  

ellehciMMichelle

mange-san

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:57 am
the manga is so cute and funny  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:07 pm
Volume 5 was so incredibly awesome! I can't wait for volume 6 to come out. It's kinda of hard to believe that we're now so close to the Japanese releases of Beauty Pop; There's only 8 volumes out in Japan right now, though 9 should be out sometime soon.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:59 am
It's cool that the heroine is kind of apathetic instead of hyperactive like most of them. dramallama  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:30 pm
I'm really sad that there's only 10 volumes to this series...normally I would be glad that a series is short, and didn't run for forever, but I don't think the author explored the characters enough, and that there was so much more that could have been done with them.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:48 am
I absolutely love this series!  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games