Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Crimson Hero Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:36 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Story

All that matters to 15-year-old Nobara Sumiyoshi is volleyball—she's an awesome player with big-time ambitions. But sometimes it seems like a girl just can't get a break in the competitive world of high school volleyball.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:38 pm
Creator

At age 17, Mitsuba Takanashi debuted her first short story Mou Koi Nante Shinai (Never Fall in Love Again) in 1992 in Bessatsu Margaret magazine and now has several major titles under her belt.

Born in the Shimane Prefecture of Japan, Mitsuba Takanashi now lives in Tokyo, where she enjoys taking walks, watching videos, shopping, and going to the hair salon. Her penchant for all things fashionable can be seen in her characters hip, unconventional outfits, as well as their crazy hairstyles (note the 'do on Crimson Hero star Nobara!). Takanashi has a soft spot for the Japanese pop acts Yellow Monkey and Hide, and is good at playing ping pong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:40 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 20 volumes
Status in US :: 14/20 released

User Image
Volume 1
Nobara's family wants her to inherit the role of "young mistress," serving rich patrons at her family's old-fashioned Japanese restaurant. No thanks! When Nobara transfers to Crimson Field High School, known for its top-notch volleyball team, it turns out that her mother will stoop to dirty tricks to keep her off the court. With assistance from her feisty Aunt Momoko, who's got some connections at Crimson Field, Nobara decides to start playing offense.

User Image
Volume 2
Nobara is issued a challenge from the boys' volleyball team: if her team can score one point against them in a match, the girls will win. But, if the girls lose, Nobara will have to give up on having a girls' volleyball team at Crimson Field forever. With everything on the line for the girls, the boys are playing to win, and even Haibuki seems determined to crush Nobara by aiming at her on the court.

User Image
Volume 3
Former star setter Tomoyo joins the ranks, and now the six players are an official team at Crimson Field High School! However, Nobara is so focused on training that she fails to notice that her team is falling apart under the pressure. Not only that, but Nobara must now find the money to pay for her uniform and club dues. Will Nobara be able to swallow her pride and ask her mother for help? Or will she have to give up on her dream after coming so far?

User Image
Volume 4
Nobara, still confused by why she cried when she saw Yushin with his girlfriend, is trying to focus her energies on her team's first official volleyball game against one of the top three teams in Tokyo--Yabesho High. The night before the game, Yushin gives Nobara a necklace for luck, but then brings his girlfriend with him to watch the game the next day! Nobara will have to put aside her frazzled emotions to concentrate on the match at hand.

User Image
Volume 5
Out walking in the rain, Nobara and Yushin are mistaken for a couple by passersby. Nobara wants to tell Yushin that she is in love with him, but he already has a girlfriend--Satomi. Yushin, worried that Satomi might get the wrong idea about his relationship with Nobara, leaves Nobara behind to walk home by himself--and comes across Satomi kissing another boy in the street!

User Image
Volume 6
Keisuke, jealous of Nobara's crush on his teammate Yushin, finds it hard to concentrate on volleyball, and both boys end up benched during a game. Now their coach has ordered Nobara to stay away from both of them!

User Image
Volume 7
Nobara's drive to get the girls' volleyball team ready to qualify for the next Spring Tournament has tensions running high. Have Nobara's dreams finally outgrown those of her teammates?

User Image
Volume 8
Coach Shima sends Nobara to train with the men's team at Central Sokai University. However, these college guys have no intention of letting a girl join their practice--unless Nobara can find a way to gain their respect.

User Image
Volume 9
Just when Nobara is set to play with the Eagles against the men's team at Central Sokai University, Yushin shows up on campus! Has he come to make a play for Nobara?

User Image
Volume 10
Although Yushin told Nobara he likes her, he doesn't want to start dating until after the spring tournament is over--and he wants to keep their relationship a secret! Nobara agreed to Yushin's terms, but can she hold up under Haibuki's charm?

User Image]
Volume 11
Nobara's team is getting closer to the spring tournaments, but when their star setter Tomo sprains her ankle, the rest of the team must step up if they want to get through the playoffs. To complicate matters, a love triangle between Nobara and boys' volleyball team members Yushin and Haibuki seems to be turning into a square, as Haibuki reconsiders his feelings for his ex-girlfriend, the injured Tomo!

User Image
Volume 12
With one of their ace players injured, Nobara and the Crimson Field girls must fight harder than ever. Their challenge is the Newcomers' Tournament, and their performance in this venue will determine just how far the team can go. But Nobara's distracted when she learns that one of her not-so-secret admirers seeks to crush Yushin and destroy the boys' team!

User Image
Volume 13
Fending off a secret admirer with less-than-admirable intentions only intensifies Nobara's feelings for boys' team captain Yushin. As the two ace players grow closer every day, the boys' and girls' volleyball teams of Crimson Field High also grow closer to their goal of competing in the Spring Tournament. But when scandalous gossip about the volleyball club rocks the campus, Nobara is forced to reexamine her priorities.

User Image
Volume 14
In an attempt to stop the vicious rumors spreading at Crimson Field High School, Nobara ended her relationship with the boys' team captain Yushin. But when she runs into Haibuki, a talented boys' team player who mysteriously left school when he found out about Nobara and Yushin's romance, Yushin is the first person she calls. Can Nobara and Yushin convince their heartbroken teammate to return to Crimson Field?

Volume 15 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 16 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 17 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 18 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 19 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Volume 20 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Vixen in Violet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:59 pm
Yay, first to post!! 3nodding I can't wait till the May issue of Shojo Beat to see what happens next. ^__^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:31 am
Procastinators Unite...

You should subscribe. I already got the May issue.

Tomorrow.

new-network-kyle-cracka
Crew

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:52 am
As much as I would can't wait to see what happens next. Crimson hero is the only story I read in Shojo Beat. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:46 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

I hang with a lot of Volley Ball GIrls and they love Crimson Hero okay only one of them. But I think with out her, I wouldn't really be into it as much as I am. I still can't get past how manly those girls are though!

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

sKiTtLes aN0nYm0uS

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:53 am
I have to say it's a totally awesome series. I'm all for the rebelious thing! GO NOBARA GO!!!
But the question that is ALWAYS asked with ANY manga that has a love triangle...
Who should she be with?
She obviously like Yushin, but he rejected her, in public! She has no deep feelings for Haibuki, but he pinned her up against a vending machine and kissed her! I feel so bad for her!

Wouldn't it be wierd if Nobara hooked up with Tomonori or someone like that? O__o Just, like, out of the blue...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:00 am
I love Crimson Hero!! This is one of my favorite shojos, it is the best!!!  

Tickle Toe Bob

Urs2Luv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:40 pm
Howdy, my fave. manga is Crimson Hero and I was wondering is it going to be in the next issue because in the back of the book of Volume 6 it says that Part II will be in Betsuma Magazine...and thats in Japanese... question confused crying Anyhoo great to know that their are other Crimson Hero fans out there! Gotta Blaze...God Bless, d

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:14 pm
It's going to be in the next issue. The difference is the chapters are called something along the lines of "match" or "game" instead of practice.  

PrinceElly
Crew

ellehciMMichelle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:58 pm
With each issue of SB, this series is getting better and better. I've come to enjoy it a lot not like when I got my first issue of SB.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:17 pm
I heart Nobara especially after her time out of town. The new look is a LOT cuter in my opinion!  

Shodaku

Vixen in Violet

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:03 pm
Shodaku
I heart Nobara especially after her time out of town. The new look is a LOT cuter in my opinion!

I agree with you. smile

Dang, it's been a long time since anyone's been here. x_x

I felt bad about not posting here lately. Has anyone else been surprised at all by how the story is turning out? Not like romance is that big of a shock in this story anymore, but (and I'm referring to recent issues of the magazine) Kaz's obsession over Nobara and Yushin has brought the manga to levels I'd never thought it would come to before. It's starting to get really dramatic (and yeah, I know, it's shojo manga) but it's definitely different than how the series had started.

Still looking forward to future chapters.

By the way, the original poster said that the series is still running in Japan. Is that true? I wonder when it's going to end..

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games