Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Yurara

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 pm
Story

There are two sides to every ghost story...
Yurara Tsukinowa is a quiet girl who can see spirits and sense their emotions. Not wanting to seem abnormal, she hides her secret until she meets Mei Tendo and Yako Hoshino, two guys who use their spiritual powers to ward off vengeful spirits. The dormant guardian spirit in Yurara arises and a strong-willed beauty with the power to release souls emerges!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 pm
Creator

Chika Shiomi lives in the Aichi Prefecture of Japan. She debuted with the manga Todokeru Toki o Sugitemo (Even if the Time for Deliverance Passes), and her work is currently running in two magazines, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and Mystery Bonita. She loves reading manga, traveling, and listening to music by Aerosmith, Hyde, and Guns N' Roses. Her favorite artists include Michelangelo, Hokusai, Bernini, and Gustav Klimt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:38 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 5 volumes
Status in US :: 5/5 released

User Image
Volume 1
On Yurara's first day of high school, she finds her assigned seat is occupied--by a ghost! Mei and Yako cannot banish the spirit, and Yurara's other self is released...

User Image
Volume 2
When Yurara's guardian spirit picks up a ghostly stalker, she vanishes, leaving Yurara to deal with the paranormal pervert on her own!

User Image
Volume 3
Yurara finds herself drawn to Mei, but her guardian spirit prefers Yako! Can Yurara sort out her true feelings?

User Image
Volume 4
Yako has shut himself in now that Yurara and Mei are a couple. However, Mei seems to have acquired another rival when a beautiful boy from Yurara's past returns!

User Image
Volume 5
When Mei and Yako realize their rivalry is tearing Yurara apart, Mei makes a fateful decision. But is his choice really the right one? Soon Yurara will have to trust her own strength when evil spirits threaten those she loves. Don't miss the exciting conclusion of Yurara!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nanami.x.Yuki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:53 am
yea i like yurara the dont reallly much supernatural storis in SB and i luv that genre^^ i wanna buy the manga^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:54 pm
Oo I can't wait for to buy the manga!!! After reading the preview I really can't wait to see it!!!!!  

tini_rini

PerfectStranger_2-0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 am
I have all the Yurara tankobon that are available, and I love it heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:51 pm
Ooooooh!! Yurara is my absolute favorite!!! I can't wait for the fourth one....  

felinestare1

Porcelain Rabbit Doll

The Committee Staff Genius

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 pm
I loved "Yurara" It was fun to read and im happy that it was atleast 5 volumes .  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 am
I own all the book and I'm now I'm getting the next series Rasetsu  

rosed_ruby

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 pm
I liked Yurara, too. And I'm glad there is Rasetsu... to kinda tell about Yano's life after high school. (:  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 am
This series was funny & epic, and I loved the Rasetsu series too. Awesome manga, Chika Shiomi! mrgreen  

xxxDark Crystal Queenxxx

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:33 pm
This is another series in which the guy I was cheering for didn't get the girl sweatdrop

That being said, I enjoyed this manga so much more than I thought I would. I definitely plan on reading the sequel series heart

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games