Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mou.
  No.
View Results

cauroa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:17 am
Am I allowed to make a topic? If so...my favorite fantasy book are anything by Mercedes Lacky. <3 She's purely amazing...and...and...XD Amazing...There...I posted. XD redface  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:51 am
Cornelia Funke's Ink trilogy  

Padme18

Amberpants

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:39 am
cauroa
Am I allowed to make a topic? If so...my favorite fantasy book are anything by Mercedes Lacky. <3 She's purely amazing...and...and...XD Amazing...There...I posted. XD redface

Mercedes Lackey's older stuff was good, but when she started writing herself as a character in her Valdamar books it kind of turned me off to her.

The best fantasy series well, there are too many to count. But the best stand alone book was Wind Haven by Lisa Tuttle and George RR Martin.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:02 am
The Black Jewels books by Anne Bishop. Dark fantasy, but brilliantly written with characters that I would love to meet.  

Black Waterlily

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

NightWindII

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:03 pm
i shall say 'The Malazan Book of The Fallen' saga by steven erikson, best fantasy ever, imo heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:28 pm
Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is my favorite fantasy author.  

T0m03

karateguard

Fashionable Genius

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:40 pm
ERAGON!!! by far is the best fanticy book i have read  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:15 pm
.::Sie stehen auf und jemand erklärt Ihnen, wohin man zu geht::.

Novels off discworld, all of them. Terry Pratchett is a genius. Coolest old dude in the world. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mood: Love

.::wenn Sie dort jeder erhalten, das Ihnen was erklärt zu tun::.

vesta_vesves_star

Ignolopi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:05 pm
cauroa
Mercedes Lackey's older stuff was good, but when she started writing herself as a character in her Valdamar books it kind of turned me off to her.

I didn't even notice that... which character is she?
I still like the Valdamar books, but after reading some of her other stuff I have less faith in her....

Black Waterlily
The Black Jewels books by Anne Bishop. Dark fantasy, but brilliantly written with characters that I would love to meet.

I'm glad to hear that! I picked up the second book at a library sale, and have been wondering if I should buy the first one to read.

My favorite authors are Megan Whalen Turner and Diana Wynne Jones (I like Harry Potter somewhere next).
Turner's trilogy (so far) that starts with The Thief are my favorite books. The Theif is more of a children's book, but the next two are for a slightly older audience. I love how she is able to portray characters, and court intrigue smile

Jones always has twist endings, which is so much fun. My favorite of her books is Howl's Moving Castle. I actually read it after the anime movie came out, but I'm glad I did because otherwise I think I would have been disappointed in the movie (I really like it, it's just way different).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:17 pm
Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody... anything by Isobelle really... Stephen Kings the dark Tower series... I love it...  

Lepota

MorieDeia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm
Black Waterlily

Cool I lov the Black Jewels too, have you read Dreams Made Flesh? It is a collection of 4 more stories about the characters in the Black Jewels books.

I also love a book called The Seer and the Sword but I don’t know who it is by.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:36 pm
I definitely will check out all of these authors but as of right now it's Stephenie Meyer all the way! The Twilight series is amazing!  

shadow_rose18

.Letiera.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:05 pm
I'm reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time right now and it's simply amazing. The setting and the characters are extremely intricate.

I also read Trudi Canavan's Age of the Five and Black Magician trilogies. While I wouldn't say that they were amazing, they were pretty decent. Age of the Five moved a bit slow at time and the second book of Black Magician nearly bored me to death. Although the last book was a great improvement on the second.

Other than that, I enjoy reading Tamora Pierce. While her early books are not very well-written, her writing has been improving book by book. And, I must say that I enjoy reading about her various different characters. They are all very interesting in their own ways.

Also, William Nicholson's Wind Singer series was very good. As was Shannon Hale's Goose Girl, even though I didn't like the follow-up books as much.

Brian Jacques, of course, is amazing, with his Redwall series. Mercedes Lackey isn't half-bad, but I must say that I prefer her standalone Valdemar books better than most of trilogies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:07 am
I just finished the Wheel of Time series (by Robert Jordan) as far as it goes for now. I really enjoyed it! There were one or two books that were kind of slow, but other than that they were wonderful! wink  

lucky13kid

Breaca

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:27 am
My favorite Fantasy-Book..that not easy to answer, because their too many books and styles

Here are a few examples

The trilogys of Jennifer Fallon
Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini
Lycidas, Lilith and Lumen by Christoph Marzi

and of course also

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

and

The Lord of the Ringe by J.R.R. Tolkien  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff