Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:43 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:48 am
Story

This exciting prequel to VIZ Media's best-selling fantasy series Fushigi Yûgi tells the story of the very first priestess of "The Four Gods"—the Priestess of Genbu!

When schoolgirl Takiko Okuda attempts to destroy her father's translation of "The Universe of the Four Gods," she is instead literally sucked into the story, becoming the Priestess of Genbu in an epic journey to find the seven Celestial Warriors!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:50 am
Creator

Yuu Watase was born on March 5 in a town near Osaka, Japan, and she was raised there before moving to Tokyo to follow her dream of creating manga. In the decade since her debut short story, Pajama de Ojama (An Intrusion in Pajamas), she has produced more than 50 compiled volumes of short stories and continuing series. Her works have provided the basis for two television series, an OVA series, anime soundtrack CDs, and a string of novels.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:56 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 12 volumes
Status in US :: 11/12 released

User Image
Volume 1
In her first encounter, she meets the mysterious outlaw Limdo, a Celestial Warrior with a tattoo of the Chinese character for "woman" on his chest. Limdo can not only summon the wind as one of his special powers, but he can also tranform into a woman! Takiko meets up with the bowman, Chamka, who is hunting Limdo. It seems Chamka is one of the seven Celestial Warriors as well...

User Image
Volume 2
During their journey Chamka and Takiko come upon a burning house. Chamka tries to save a young girl's life and demonstrates his special power: to freeze things in ice! The effort weakens Chamka however, and he must stay in the village to recuperate. The girl's family offers shelter, but her father sells Chamka out to the bandits who are hunting him. That's when Limdo reenters the picture...

User Image
Volume 3
Takiko has found three Celestial Warriors, but four remain hidden. While she and her friends journey to the Oracle Anlu, who may have the power to locate the remaining warriors, Limdo travels undercover with the army of Qu-dong. At Turning Point Rockfield, their destinies will intertwine again...and Takiko will learn that her quest is more difficult than she imagined. If she's already located three of the seven warriors, why does the Oracle claim there are five still to be found?

User Image
Volume 4
Takiko now knows where to find the remaining Celestial Warriors, but, with spies around every corner and the army of Qu-Dong on her trail, she may not survive the journey. When Tomite accidentally lets slip that Takiko is the Priestess of Genbu, she's kidnapped by villagers in order to be sacrificed to a dragon! And in a confrontation with the Celestial Warrior Hikitsu, Hikitsu's power over water may be more than the other Celestial Warriors can handle...and those who gaze into his eyes see more truth than they can bear!

User Image
Volume 5
In the midst of a heated battle, Takiko is transported back to her own world. There, all the problems she escaped through her father's book are waiting for her: her mother's funeral, her father's disapproval, and her reunion with Mr. Ohsugi, her first love. But with the wisdom and strength she's found as the Priestess of Genbu, Takiko knows what she has to do. And when she discovers that the wishes of the Priestess really do have power in her world, she realizes that she must find a way to return to the Universe of the Four Gods!

User Image
Volume 6
Takiko has found another Celestial Warrior--in a house of ill repute! But the proud, bitter Inami has no interest in following the priestess, and she intends to test Takiko's mettle in a duel. Can Takiko's skill with the naginata withstand a full Celestial attack? And when a dark force engulfs the women of the brothel, can Takiko and Inami join forces to save them?

User Image
Volume 7
Seven Celestial Warriors have been found...but Takiko has just learned that eight are needed. To win the arrogant, powerful Hagus over to her side, Takiko promises to rescue his twin brother, Teg, who embodies the lost half of his Celestial power. Deep in enemy territory, Takiko prepares to face Prince Temdan and his followers. As the war for Genbu begins, the Celestial Warriors leap into the fray...but the first battle will exact a terrible price!

User Image
Volume 8
Takiko helps Uruki grieve for the loss of a loved one--a loss she knows only too well. But now that the Qudong army knows how to fight Celestial power, Takiko and the Celestial Warriors have no time to lose. As they prepare to rescue Teg, Uruki learns the truth about the prophecy: to summon Genbu, the Priestess will have to sacrifice her life. Refusing to let another death happen, Uruki vows to send Takiko back to the safety of her own world…by any means necessary.

User Image
Volume 9
Back in her own world, Takiko tries to forget about the "Universe of the Four Gods." Determined to live the life of an ordinary girl in Tokyo in 1923, she returns to her father's home and concentrates on being a loyal daughter--and, soon, a dutiful bride. But she can't leave her other life behind. And while Takiko struggles to cool her still-burning heart, the Celestial Warriors battle through a new ice age!

User Image
Volume 10
Takiko has returned to the Universe of the Four Gods! As the Celestial Warriors search for the scroll of the Four Gods, Takiko uncovers the truth about the prophecy that turned Uruki and his father into bitter enemies. But while they begin a new chapter in their adventures, Takiko struggles to conceal a terrible secret about herself from the Celestial Warriors...

User Image
Volume 11
While Takiko learns the terrible truth behind the prophecy that set Uruki against his father, King Temdan, the country of Bêi-jîa faces both civil war and foreign invasion. Takiko’s final hope lies in reuniting the last two Celestial Warriors, the twins Urumiya and Teg. Can she mend the rifts between brother and brother, father and son?

Volume 12 - coming soon
image coming soon

summary coming soon.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fi12edragon

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:57 pm
I wonder when will volume six come out to america?????

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Is it even finished in Japan yet?  

Bobby Lauren Taylor

mistedwings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:58 am
Fi12edragon
I wonder when will volume six come out to america?????
I'm seriously sick of the wait. Then again, I've heard the sixth volume hasn't been finished in Japan yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:22 am
I'm pretty sure that volume 6 is already out in Japan.

-PinkTasmik-

Magnetic Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:36 am
There should be more than enough chapters for book 6 in Japan if "Watase Yuu Perfect World: Fushigi Yuugi" came out when it was supposed to (it comes out every three months and should have come out in December and then March). The newest chapter should be for volume 7 (there were already 2 chapters out for book 6 before the December issue), but I don't think volume 6 is actually out yet, I've looked everywhere I can think of for it, and it's no where to be found...other than on simonsays.com where it says the Viz version will be out next February.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:18 pm
crying . I'm only on the first volume of this one (I have a tendancy to start new manga series when I have nothing to read), and my friend has it at the moment, but it's a really good story. I'm waiting for the second one to come in at my library.  

choirperson

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:28 am
It looks as if Volume 6 is out in Japan. It was released in March-ish in Japan. Keep in mind that it does take a fair amount of time to translate and reprint graphic novels. We'll probably have to wait another month or two.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:39 pm
*sigh* Oh how I hate the waiting. Normally I hate it when a manga takes forever to be liscenced, but Shojo Beat liscenced this one too quickly...it's taking so long...I wanna read more but I can't.

Despite the constant waiting I do love this manga. I have too much love for it because waiting always make me feel like I'm going to die of frustration.

Fuyu Maiden

Aqua Shell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:28 pm
I'm sick of waiting also, I've been waiting for it to come out since the 5th one came out. I understand since she's also releasing a new series and things need to be done, but this seriously is a long time for one book to come out!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 am
Aqua Shell
I'm sick of waiting also, I've been waiting for it to come out since the 5th one came out. I understand since she's also releasing a new series and things need to be done, but this seriously is a long time for one book to come out!

It's because the magazine it's in, "Watase Yuu Perfect World: Fushigi Yuugi," only comes out quarterly, which means that only four new chapters come out a year, so it takes a long time to put out a new volume.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:07 pm
Four new chapters a year? Wow, that really sucks. Gah, Viz should have waited to translate it.  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games