Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Nine Inch Nails Guild
year zero: first impressions and favorite song. . . thus yet Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I got my. . .
  fist!
  pain!
  violence in HIGH DEF ultra realism!
  SURVIVALISSSUM.
View Results

sinnthetic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:22 pm
so I know I'm probably not the only loser that's listened to the cd a good 39 times by now.

so? first thoughts? Favorite songs?

mine? (thanks for asking! XD) I really really like it. I honestly in my humble opinion think it's better than with teeth. He goes a little overboard with the static on some parts, but it's amazing. I really like the vocals. I was thinking he'd end up yelling or 'talk-singing' the entire time.

My favorite songs thus yet are 'The Great Destroyer', 'Zero-sum', 'another version of the truth', and 'capital g' (well the chorus anyway. the verses are kinda weird.)

GO FORTH AND RANT, MY FELLOW NIN RETARDS.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 pm
favorites are still my violent heart & me, I'm not.

I love the album. yeah, the effects are a little overboard now and then. but it's much, much better than with teeth. it's not back to his old style, yet, but it seems like he's getting there.  

Almighty Toilet Plunger
Captain

JustSomeThing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:11 pm
Year Zero for the most part is another amazingly-awesome album to me. Everything's perfect to me, except when I first went through it I really didn't care for the vocals. I mean yeah, it was awesome that Trent was doing something new and different, and it was all unique, however it almost had too much energy. Now I don't really love or hate the vocals, it's just something refreshing and different.
I am overly-relieved that there are still those beautiful, quiet piano pieces.
Favs: Another Version of The Truth, The Good Soldier, Capital G (LOVE the chorus), and Zero Sum. I still love With Teeth equally, I don't get why so many people disliked that album over the others...Not saying it was THE best, but it was still great IMO.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:21 am
I love it! Just like any other NIN album. heart

though With Teeth was my least favourite. domokun  

Songai

sinnthetic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:22 am
DarkLarka
Year Zero for the most part is another amazingly-awesome album to me. Everything's perfect to me, except when I first went through it I really didn't care for the vocals. I mean yeah, it was awesome that Trent was doing something new and different, and it was all unique, however it almost had too much energy. Now I don't really love or hate the vocals, it's just something refreshing and different.
I am overly-relieved that there are still those beautiful, quiet piano pieces.
Favs: Another Version of The Truth, The Good Soldier, Capital G (LOVE the chorus), and Zero Sum. I still love With Teeth equally, I don't get why so many people disliked that album over the others...Not saying it was THE best, but it was still great IMO.

don't get me wrong, I pretty much have the same point as everyone else; its good, it's just not the best.

and the chorus of 'Capital g' kinda makes up for the weird verse lyrics .__. my opinion, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 am
Still haven't listened to it biggrin

Yeah, Awitha Teetha isn't the greatest nin album ever...  

Easy Listening Nightmares
Crew

Almighty Toilet Plunger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:22 am
Redwiz

Yeah...well, I can forgive him for it. It was still okay. And he was just getting back on his feet after cleaning up, and needed to distract himself, so.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:44 am
Almighty Toilet Plunger
Redwiz

Yeah...well, I can forgive him for it. It was still okay. And he was just getting back on his feet after cleaning up, and needed to distract himself, so.

Oh, I like Awitha Teetha alot, Just saying he's made better albums...  

Easy Listening Nightmares
Crew

dmchilln

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:56 am
i like capital G zero sum  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:29 pm
Almighty Toilet Plunger
Redwiz

agreed to the max <3  

sinnthetic

pigie_pie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:21 pm
*ahem* hi i'm new ^_^ just changed my uSer name for the new album so... yeah i love it!!! i love me, i'm not. it's beautiful! the beggining of the end is cool to! but i really liked with teeth as well. it might not have been his "old way" but if he stayed the same... he would never expand his music. any true fan would stick by him through an through and i know he was going through alot at the time with teeth was produced! soTRENT WILL ALWAYS STEAL MY HEART!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:27 pm
i dunno what my favorites are yet i've listened to it many times n im all like "oohh this is my favorite!!...no, no wait! THIS is favorite! ooo! but i like this to ah ahhh ahhhhHHH" *head explodes* i didn't like Teeth as much but it's definitely grown on me i really really love right where it belongs and at first i couldn't stand yyear zero but now of course i love it the really good stuff grows on you yah know?  

Vampire_chick92

dmchilln

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:37 am
i m get on my i pod preorder it an buying it from best buy and talk to the with guy put Trent reznor stereo in he nails too  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:19 am
Where'd you guys get the whole thing at?
I've only got Me, I'm Not, Survivalism, My Violent Heart, and In This Twilight...  

Tokio McLovin

Sparkly Architect

sinnthetic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:11 pm
Keyblade Cari
Where'd you guys get the whole thing at?
I've only got Me, I'm Not, Survivalism, My Violent Heart, and In This Twilight...

http://yearzero.nin.com

there's a player on there. just click on 'listen to year zero' :]  
The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas