Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
PotC Questions... Parts need explained please. =D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VC Verse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:34 pm
I love both movies, and I know all the lines... Kinda, I watched a movie each day now... But I have a couple of questions about certain scenes that I'm hoping you can explain. I'll post more later, if I think of any.

PotC 1
1. In the scene where Jack is in jail, he says, "You can keep doing that forever, that dog is never going to move." The other prisoners reply about how they're not going to be hanged yet, and Jack just smiles. Why? If I were him, I'd be pissed and yell at them! Does he know he'll find a way to escape the gallows? Or does he just not care?

2. Before Will goes to free Jack from jail, Jack tries using the bone to pick the lock. When he hears him coming, he stops and you see him lying on the ground. He just acts like nothing happened, just looking at his nails, not worried at all. Why does he lay down?

PotC 2
1. I thought Barbossa was dead... Why did he come back during the last scene? How did he come back? Was he never really killed?
Heh, I realized I made myself seem stupid, but these are curiousity questions. Thanks for answering and reading though! If you do...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:35 pm
I think he laid down to act all cool, like with the "I dont care" attitude. And maybe he though it was a guard and didn't wanna be caught trying to escape.  

WolfofMibu

hydroh
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:32 pm
1) Probably because he knows what a sly, sly dog he is and how he always manages to find a way to escape. whee

2) I suppose he tries to seem nonchalant because it's easier to bargain with people if it seems like you're not desperate. It also could've been just for comedic purposes.

3) We'll find that out in POTC3! wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:39 pm
First.... Why would you be mad? There are all in the same boat, more or less, what good would it do?

Second... It was kinda funny though, wasn't it? xd

Third... Because Barbossa is so much more awesome then Davy Jones, and the writers knew that they needed at least one cool villain in the mix, after making us suffer through two and a half hours of the walking, talking, Dinner Special. gonk  

Sonic Butterfly

shanikan5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:40 am
of course Jack would smile, he always has something planned in his head. maybe he thought it was funny since he knew that he would be proving the guy wrong.

Jack would lay down so it looks like he wasnt doing anything, plus it makes him look cooler if he seems like he's actually enjoying himself in their.

barbossa came back because of tia dalma. the two of them probably has a thing going on with eachother and i'm glad because barbossa is cool. he's defiantly better than davy jones. for the reason why i guess we would have to wait for the next movie. nothing better than having jack's enemy saving him from that blasted squid.

these are my opinions of course.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:01 pm
VC Verse
I love both movies, and I know all the lines... Kinda, I watched a movie each day now... But I have a couple of questions about certain scenes that I'm hoping you can explain. I'll post more later, if I think of any.

PotC 1
1. In the scene where Jack is in jail, he says, "You can keep doing that forever, that dog is never going to move." The other prisoners reply about how they're not going to be hanged yet, and Jack just smiles. Why? If I were him, I'd be pissed and yell at them! Does he know he'll find a way to escape the gallows? Or does he just not care?

2. Before Will goes to free Jack from jail, Jack tries using the bone to pick the lock. When he hears him coming, he stops and you see him lying on the ground. He just acts like nothing happened, just looking at his nails, not worried at all. Why does he lay down?

PotC 2
1. I thought Barbossa was dead... Why did he come back during the last scene? How did he come back? Was he never really killed?
Heh, I realized I made myself seem stupid, but these are curiousity questions. Thanks for answering and reading though! If you do...

PotC1
1. Jack has this sense of confidence about him. He thinks he can get out of anything, and he thinks that all of the other ones (jailed pirates) are going to be hanged (or is it hung) anyways.

2. Jack is supposed to have this nonchalant character and he's unnerved that someone might see him with his calm exterior broken. He was putting on a show.

PotC2
1. Tia Dalma brought Barbossa back from the dead. He was dead. She somehow called Barbossa's spirit to the living world.

You don't sound stupid. I had to watch each movie about ten times before I got most of it. pirate xd  

Padfoot_Prongs_BP

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:01 pm
VC Verse

PotC 1

PotC 2

Okieday, the first question:

Jack knew he would find a way to escape a hanging. Remember when he is at a hanging. The guy is reading his crimes, and he's laughing, remembering good times.

Second question:

Jack though Will was a guard or something. If that had been so, he would have been hanged, whipped, shot, or something to that effect.

Third question:

Yes, Barbossa was shot. He died. But, Tia Dalma found his body and brought him back (using voodoo or dark magic) so that Jack could be freed from the locker.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:05 pm
WolfofMibu
I think he laid down to act all cool, like with the "I dont care" attitude. And maybe he though it was a guard and didn't wanna be caught trying to escape.

agreed  

Psyched_Pirate

Loveless in the Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:31 pm
hydroh
1) Probably because he knows what a sly, sly dog he is and how he always manages to find a way to escape. whee

2) I suppose he tries to seem nonchalant because it's easier to bargain with people if it seems like you're not desperate. It also could've been just for comedic purposes.

3) We'll find that out in POTC3! wink

Correct!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 pm
POTC1
1) He says that because the dog is not going to let them out. He's waiting to see if Will and Elizabeth will come to their senses an try to help him escape or will they just leave him their to die after all they went through.

2) Im not sure

3) Barbossa did die, Jack did shoot him, but Tia Dlama brought him back. Didnt you notice when the first go to Tia Dalmas shack adn they let the monkey out that he was standing on a pair of boots... those pair of boot were Barbossa's!!!

Sparrow_Swann_2010

Welcome To The Deck Luv

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff