Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
love★com Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:05 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:07 pm
Story

Risa and Otani are always being laughed at as the comedy duo. Risa, a girl, is taller than the average girl, and Otani, a boy, is shorter than the average boy. The two are always bickering and even their teacher sees them as a comedy act. But as their friendship develops, so does Risa's feelings toward Otani.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:08 pm
Creator

Aya Nakahara won the 2004 Shogakukan Manga Award for her breakthrough hit love★com, which was made into a major motion picture and a PS2 game in 2006. She debuted with Haru to Kuuki to Nichiyou bi, and her other work is Himitsu kichi.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:12 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 17 volumes
Status in US :: 17/17 released

User Image
Volume 1
Risa Koizumi is the tallest girl in class, and the last thing she wants is the humiliation of standing next to Atsushi Otoni, the shortest guy. Fate and the whole school have other ideas, and the two find themselves cast as the unwilling stars of a bizarre romantic comedy duo. Rather than bow to the inevitable, Risa and Atsushi join forces to pursue their true objects of affection. But in the quest for love, will their budding friendship become something more complex?

User Image
Volume 2
Risa's getting really confused about her feelings for Ôtani--she doesn't know if she wants to help him get back together with his ex-girlfriend or keep him all to herself!

User Image
Volume 3
A new student starts out as Risa's rival for love, but ends up proving how important it is to be honest with yourself!

User Image
Volume 4
Risa has finally realized that she has feelings for Ôtani, and can't wait to confess her love. But dense Ôtani won't take her hints! With the help of all their friends and a romantic beach vacation, can Risa get her affections past his thick head?

User Image
Volume 5
Heartbroken by Ôtani's rejection, Risa had decided to give up on ever getting together with him. But a chance encounter with her musical hero Umibôzu helps Risa get back in the fighting spirit. With a new surge of self-confidence, Risa is ready to go after Ôtani. He'll never know what hit him.

User Image
Volume 6
Ôtani wins tickets to the Umibôzu concert and asks Risa to go with him. Could this be the answer to her dreams--their first date?! But as fate would have it, Ôtani gets sick the day before the concert. Concerned (about her friend and the date) Risa visits his sick bed and gets her first kiss! Or does she? Was it an accident? Does Ôtani even remember it?

User Image
Volume 7
Risa is sick of having her emotions yanked back and forth by her feelings for Ôtani, so she decides once and for all to just be friends. But when she tells Ôtani that she's getting over him, he freaks out and tells her not to! Has the comedy duo turned into a couple?

User Image
Volume 8
Risa and Ôtani are totally dating! But it's totally weird. Risa is so used to treating Ôtani like a friend that she has no idea how to act like a girlfriend. Luckily, Ôtani knows just where to go to save a failing date. Could this be happily ever after? Not if Risa's new rival has anything to say about it!

User Image
Volume 9
Risa's life should be perfect. After all, she's finally dating the guy she loves. But Ôtani's never actually said that he loves her, and they don't even act like boyfriend and girlfriend. Wasn't dating supposed to fix all that? To make matters worse, graduation is looming and Risa's not sure she likes the way her future with Ôtani looks. Could this be the end of her love and their friendship?

User Image
Volume 10
Risa got a job at a restaurant so she could be close to Ôtani's cram school. But now it looks like one of her coworkers wants to get close to her! Kohori is cute and short and majorly into Umibôzu, but Risa just wants to be friends. When circumstances conspire to make it look like she's interested in more, what will a super-stressed Ôtani do?

User Image
Volume 11
Risa's love life is finally on a roll, now that Ôtani has confessed his love to her. But can her happiness be complete if her best friend is miserable? Nobu's grandma is moving to Hokkaido for health reasons, and Nobu has decided to go to college nearby. Nakao wants to be supportive, but the thought of being that far away from Nobu is driving him crazy. Will their relationship crack under the pressure?

User Image
Volume 12
Risa and Ôtani's relationship finally seems to be going right, just in time for college woes to ruin their lives! Risa only has a few months to decide which tech school she wants to attend, but she can't even decide what she wants to study. What kind of degree can you get for playing video games and listening to Umibôzu all day?

User Image
Volume 13
Someone didn't make it into college, and it wasn't Ôtani! Suzuki, thrown by his family's harsh expectations, failed the college entrance exam. And now some bruiser who did get accepted wants Chiharu for himself! Ôtani jumps to the rescue by claiming Suzuki is a judo expert who will fight for Chiharu's hand! But is one week really enough time to turn Suzuki into a black belt?

User Image
Volume 14
Risa thought life was going great, but she didn't count on her grandpa returning from abroad and taking an instant disliking to her boyfriend. Granpa is determined to save his beloved granddaughter from an unsuitable match. But will he go so far as to hire a busty beauty to seduce Ôtani?!

User Image
Volume 15
When Risa and Ôtani are invited to Mighty and Jody's wedding on a tropical island--all expenses paid--the world couldn't seem sunnier! But when they arrive with the gang, Risa and Ôtani discover they're expected to share a room. Will the stress of the uncomfortable situation cast clouds on the festivities?

User Image
Volume 16
Risa and her friends are named to the graduation committee and get busy working on the yearbook and class performance. When Ôtani's photos go missing from the class album and other pranks highlight his height (or lack thereof), all fingers point to Risa. Who is behind this mischief--and why?!

User Image
Volume 17
The comedy duo eventually evolved into a couple, but the pair had some growing pains to deal with before they met in junior high school...and before they were introduced to their other love, the music of Umibôzu! Plus: join the gang at the beach to see what they're up to after graduation!

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 am
Hmmm id read it, But final words will wait untill it preveiws.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:00 pm
woah... it comes out on my birthday o_o

lol, well the plot sounds alright... I might get it. xD

serenityxo

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:20 pm

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

It's actually pretty good, I was a little surprised by how wll done it was even though the story was a little weird.

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:04 am
I liked the preview. It seems like it'll be a good series. 3nodding  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

-PinkTasmik-

Magnetic Explorer

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:58 pm
I'm intrigued
@.@

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:47 am
I saw the preview of it, and I loved it so much, I had to go see the movie, they had it at the anime store!  

narusy

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:10 pm

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪(‹•
星に願いを恋こそ今すべて•›)‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

Isn't the movie excellent. and the Manga too? I have to say that Koike makes a great Otani... 100% Erika makes a good Risa too. I think the casting on the movie was dead on.

.: ♪ :: • ° { ~ › ♪
(‹•The Very hope of love, is now entirely to the stars•›)‹ ~ } ° • :: ♪ :.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:41 am
I think it's cute 4laugh  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

KumikoxChan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:37 am
I didn't like the plot at first but after reading it online I'm hooked!
I'm definitely buying it when it comes to the UK.
^^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:09 pm
i love this series.i read it online,altho it didnt have all the chapters,but thats ok,and i am so hooked that its not even funny.XDD it has a very interesting plot and i knew that they were going to....*doesnt want to reaveal too much for ppl who havnt read it*....from the sttart.^^ im like on chapter 70 or 71...... =P  

airpeeps

6,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Porcelain Rabbit Doll

The Committee Staff Genius

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:51 pm
I just got the 7th volume yesterday . I truely love this series Im looking forward to the next three volumes .
heart heart heart  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games