Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:19 am
So, Itachi has appeared on Toonami and I've gotten my first glimpse of him. I don't have a good handle on him yet but, I got to wondering about something.

The sharingan is his main wepon, is it not? So how would he stand up to someone that it couldn't effect? I'm thinking about my blind swordsman character Zed, or xRyuuki's Akina, who is blind as well. He wouldn't have that advantage of the hyptomizing sharingan.

(By the way, xRyuuki's fan fic Seeing the Truth which features Akina is awesome. You can find it in the fan fic subforum. Read it, it's awesome.)

So how would Itachi fare against a blind person with enough sensory perception to be able to fight? Any opinoins?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:30 am
I think he would still fare very well against them. Although it's his main weapon, he is very skilled in other things so I think he'd still have a fair chance blaugh  

churrlo

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:15 pm
churrlo
I think he would still fare very well against them. Although it's his main weapon, he is very skilled in other things so I think he'd still have a fair chance blaugh
Besides, mangekyou causes the sensation of pain, and doesn't rely entirely on sight.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:00 pm
But to actually cause that pain wouldn't he have to make eye contact first? I understand not needing eye contact for Amaterasu, though, since that's just pure black fire...  

Lady Okori

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:03 pm
xRyuuki
But to actually cause that pain wouldn't he have to make eye contact first? I understand not needing eye contact for Amaterasu, though, since that's just pure black fire...
He messed Naruto up just by pointing at him.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:07 pm
Oh wow I forgot about that certain power of his. sweatdrop . I suppose that's a sort of genjutsu ability that comes with the Sharingan, since it messes up the senses, neh? Isn't that the technique used to make the victim look into his eyes?

If not then maybe I'm reading too much fanfiction...heh. What episode/chapter was that again? If I can't remember that than I need to get more material as a basis for my fanfiction.

Lady Okori

imsohappy1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:10 pm
The thing about Itachi is he is a powerful Ninja even without his Sharingan. The Sharingan and the MS just overpowers him. Itachi has been hyped up to be the strongest ninja in the series, next to AL.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:57 am
Those are good points, all of you. Thank you.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:18 pm
No problem ^^ I would be really surprised if he was useless without his vision blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:20 am
He must still be powerful even without them since Itachi's losing his own eye sight from using the sharingan too much, ne?  

strelitzia_dream

Samurai Senel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:51 pm
Don't forget Itachi's gay little of wait if you only watch American version this could be a spoiler at least until saturday.HL Itachi's gay little black eye fire thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:14 pm
...2nd, sharingan can copy people's jutsus.... [i know not a kekay genkais(sp?)]

"If one doesn't work, he could still use the other"  

greenyoshieggz

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:43 am
greenyoshieggz
...2nd, sharingan can copy people's jutsus.... [i know not a kekay genkais(sp?)]

Well, you see, Zed isn't a ninja and therefore he doesn't use jutsu. Just an unusual style of sword-play. And a few dirty street fighting tricks when he gets desprite(sp?).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm
Purple dragon lady
greenyoshieggz

Well, you see, Zed isn't a ninja and therefore he doesn't use jutsu. Just an unusual style of sword-play. And a few dirty street fighting tricks when he gets desprite(sp?).

Swordplay only and no jutsu? almost sounds like Rock Lee...  

greenyoshieggz

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:52 am
greenyoshieggz
Purple dragon lady
greenyoshieggz

Swordplay only and no jutsu? almost sounds like Rock Lee...

Except that he isn't a ninja. Zero chakra trianing.
And he doesn't exactly remember where he learned his fighting skills. His memories only go back to starving in a ruined city whith no idea how he got there.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff