Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Barbossa vs Davy Jones Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you like better?
  Barbossa :D
  Davy Jones -_-'
View Results

Sonic Butterfly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:33 pm
I've posted this query elsewhere, but I'm posting it here, because I can, and no one can stop me. Who's the better villain?

Personally, Davy Jones irritates me. I mean, come on... we've all been dumped before. That's why God invented country music. Running around slaughtering people because of it just makes you look like a cry-baby.

Besides... to me, he just looks ridiculous. Not at all terrifying. I don't see why everyone acted so afraid of him. Give me a nutcracker and a bowl of garlic butter and I'll have this guy beat in 3.05 seconds. X3

Barbossa on the other hand... he is fricken EVIL. He has no real reason for doing the evil things he does. It's my Mt. Everest theory... there's nothing at the top of the mountain, but I'm gonna mount it and put a big flag at the top with my name on it because IT'S THERE.

Plus, the scene in the previews for the next movie where he's at the helm cackling insanely makes me wanna totally spread for him. biggrin

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:37 pm
Haa. I suppose you have a point, there.

I don't think either of them are really VILLANS. One is just depressed, and the other one is really greedy. whee

hydroh
Crew

VC Verse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:19 pm
I like Barbossa better. MUCH better. At least he has a sense of humor... Davy Jones is disgustingly gross, slimy, and lives to kill. Barbossa? Eh, he didn't... Really kill, did he? He didn't manage to kill anyone in the town attack, so I'm assuming no. Besides, for Elizabeth, he just cut her hand, not killed her when needing the blood.

Off topic: I love the part of the first movie, when he gets stabbed at the end by Jack, rolls his eyes up and just sighs. It's like he's saying, "You never learn, do you?" Lol. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:12 pm
VC Verse
I like Barbossa better. MUCH better. At least he has a sense of humor... Davy Jones is disgustingly gross, slimy, and lives to kill. Barbossa? Eh, he didn't... Really kill, did he? He didn't manage to kill anyone in the town attack, so I'm assuming no. Besides, for Elizabeth, he just cut her hand, not killed her when needing the blood.

Off topic: I love the part of the first movie, when he gets stabbed at the end by Jack, rolls his eyes up and just sighs. It's like he's saying, "You never learn, do you?" Lol. xd

I LOVE that part! See, Barbossa is just all around cool. And I never really noticed that... he IS rather methodical with his murders. ninja  

Sonic Butterfly

Chath Tiu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:34 pm
Barbossa, no questions asked.

The only thing Davy is good for is calamari and he's a fair organ player. He does seem just a tad whiny for being dumped. And just a tad loose in the head if he cuts out his heart so he won't feel anything ever again because some swamp witch loved and left? talk2hand

'Sides, Barbossa has cool undead monkey. Can't beat the monkey.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:59 pm
Chath Tiu

The only thing Davy is good for is calamari and he's a fair organ player. He does seem just a tad whiny for being dumped. And just a tad loose in the head if he cuts out his heart so he won't feel anything ever again because some swamp witch loved and left? talk2hand

Where is that monkey, anyway? I WANT TO SHOOT SOMETHING!

Yeah, I know. It's supposed to be just, "Where is that monkey, I want to shoot something." ... But I was just... Shut up! Don't question me!

*shoots the monkey* heart  

VC Verse

Sonic Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:04 pm
gonk I think I'm the only person in the world that really hates that monkey... he reminds me of the Nazi monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark. 3nodding Evil monkies stick together you know. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:09 pm
VC Verse
Chath Tiu

Yeah, I know. It's supposed to be just, "Where is that monkey, I want to shoot something." ... But I was just... Shut up! Don't question me!

My monkey! crying  

Chath Tiu

Musical Raindrops

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:00 pm
Yeah, I agree. I love barbosa. I mean seriously, how many guys have a pimpin'(lol) hat like his?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:45 pm
Chath Tiu
VC Verse
Chath Tiu

My monkey! crying
cry I'm sorry.  

VC Verse

Chath Tiu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:16 pm
VC Verse
Chath Tiu
VC Verse
Chath Tiu

My monkey! crying
cry I'm sorry.

How could you shoot my little defenseless monkey?! It's not like it's undead or anything!
*Monkey gets up, screeches in apish and runs away*
What do you know, it is an undead monkey. Sweet! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:16 pm
Am I the only one who actually likes Davy Jones over Barbossa? But both are cool...  

Jessica Malatori

MOLLAYYY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:48 am
Jessica Malatori
Am I the only one who actually likes Davy Jones over Barbossa? But both are cool...

I prefer Davy Jones as a villain more than I do Barbossa.
I don't think Barbossa's really evil, he's selfish like any Pirate ought to be.
Kinda like a bully-version of Jack. D;

Davy Jones on the other hand has a squid for a head, and that's pretty damn intimidating.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:16 pm
MOLLAYYY
Jessica Malatori

Davy Jones on the other hand has a squid for a head, and that's pretty damn intimidating.

Looks delicious... xd  

Sonic Butterfly

Chath Tiu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:25 pm
MOLLAYYY
Jessica Malatori

Unless you love Calamari. blaugh  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces