Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So?
  SCREW YOU! I DO WHAT I WANT
  I'm sorry...
View Results

NachoDude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:46 pm
Ok. Everyone here keeps saying the English Naruto sucks. Ok, that's just because you watch the Japanese one and you can't accept that just because his voice is different doesn't mean it's terrible. They kept ALOT of the blood! They don't have swearing, but that's okay because even in Japan it's targeted at kids. They kept all Japanese text,and the words "jutsu","kunai", "shinobi", and others. His voice is annoying in Japanese, too! Now, I own a 12 disc set of every Naruto episode, movie, and OVA (if ya want one I'll point you in the right direction!) so I am as much of a fan of the original as the next guy, but still they did a pretty good job at dubbing it. Believe me, it could be alot worse. One Piece fans know what I'm talking about. So please. Just lay off will ya?

LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:01 pm
iawtp  

Captain Verd

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:14 pm
it's cartoon network that does all the stupid editing because they air the show to early. They should have known better and shown it during the midnight run and shown the uncut. Sure when you by the dvds it's ok as long as you get the uncut.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:33 pm
I blame those 4Kids bastards they do most Anime work in America I swear it's run by a bunch of strict Christian's affraid to say damn.  

Samurai Senel

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:50 pm
But... "Believe It"... No, I can't get over that. That makes me cringe.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:06 am
I ment the english voice actor for Sakura [Katie Holmes] dressed as Kakashi and she said and I quote "Oh, hi Sasuke." I never watched the dubbed version again. Although I did meet Chrispin Freedmen and I heard he was to be the voice of Itachi. So, maybe I'll watch those episodes.  

nintendonerd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 am
String_Theory
it's cartoon network that does all the stupid editing because they air the show to early. They should have known better and shown it during the midnight run and shown the uncut. Sure when you by the dvds it's ok as long as you get the uncut.
Unlike Japan, in America animu is for kids. Some of them, like Samurai Champloo, are clearly meant for adults. But Naruto? It's a kid's show.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:46 am
Puma D. John
I blame those 4Kids bastards they do most Anime work in America I swear it's run by a bunch of strict Christian's affraid to say damn.

Please don't bring those "bunch of strict Christians" into this... stare I'm a Christian and you know what, I'm a little offended by that comment. Hell yeah we swear, we're like any other human beings, so please don't be blaming a religion you probably think you know about, but don't.

Back to topic:
I'm just pissed off at Naruto's voice. The other's sound okay and yeah they did keep most of the original script. Though I'd really rather have them say their names with the right syllables. Na-ru-to not Na-ruu-to. And the names of the jutsus...but that's it...  

Honh

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:28 pm
Honh
Puma D. John

Please don't bring those "bunch of strict Christians" into this... stare I'm a Christian and you know what, I'm a little offended by that comment. Hell yeah we swear, we're like any other human beings, so please don't be blaming a religion you probably think you know about, but don't.

Back to topic:
I'm just pissed off at Naruto's voice. The other's sound okay and yeah they did keep most of the original script. Though I'd really rather have them say their names with the right syllables. Na-ru-to not Na-ruu-to. And the names of the jutsus...but that's it...

I love how people say it's just the Christians.

There are different types of Christians... some stricter than others. While some Christians, like the Baptist Christians, are more strict about certain things like cussing and blood, there are still the United Christnas that are more lax. It's not just the strict Christians trying to keep their children's eyes safe of cartoon gore, there are other religions, too... like the Catholics or whatever.

But, I agree. I think the one voice that bothers me the most in Naruto's voice, and his annoying "Believe it!" every five seconds. *stabba stabba*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 pm
nintendonerd
I ment the english voice actor for Sakura [Katie Holmes] dressed as Kakashi and she said and I quote "Oh, hi Sasuke." I never watched the dubbed version again. Although I did meet Chrispin Freedmen and I heard he was to be the voice of Itachi. So, maybe I'll watch those episodes.

If you're going to say something like that, be smart enough to get it correct. It was Kate Higgins, not Katie Holmes. As for the voice of Itachi, I think they got a really good voice for him. The only voice in the series that irritated me beyond all reason was Naruto, and after watching the english version(and buying all the uncut boxsets so far) I've gotten used to his voice in the eng version....so it's not all that bad after getting used to it.

Actually, now that I think about it.....I hated Shukaku's voice alot more than Naruto's. Especially the dubbed translations they used....they totally screwed him up.

If I could pick one person to do the voice of Naruto, it would be Stephanie Nadolny(Teen Gohan)  

Nephite Warrior

Newbie Noob

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Weavers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:21 pm
I saw the english episodes first. The dubbing drove me up the WALL. The way they spoke, their VOICES, the whole BELIEVE IT crap, the SASKAY s**t.
Discovering the subbed version was sheer bliss.

So i stick by my view that the english dubbed sucks. Just because you like it doesn't mean I have to.

Face that fact and get over it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:42 pm
WeaverMage
I saw the english episodes first. The dubbing drove me up the WALL. The way they spoke, their VOICES, the whole BELIEVE IT crap, the SASKAY s**t.
Discovering the subbed version was sheer bliss.

So i stick by my view that the english dubbed sucks. Just because you like it doesn't mean I have to.

Face that fact and get over it.

You see, it's not as much that I LIKE it, it's that you have to deal with it and it's not as bad as you think. And SASKAY "s**t"? That's how you pronounce it, actually. The 'u' is silent in most Japanese words.  

NachoDude

NachoDude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:47 pm
String_Theory

Yes, this is true also. But you have to deal with it sometimes. That's the way things work in America, and it's not gonna change any time soon. It'd be one thing if Naruto was originally intended for adults, but it's basically a Japanese equivalent of any other kids show, like The Grim Adventures of Someone and Someone Else (I don't watch kids shows), except in Japan instead of cute xharacters doing funny things with watermelon you've got grey people with wings trying to impale his best friend with an electric charged chop. All in good sport, of course. Lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:49 pm
Puma D. John

And you. YOU! You, sir, are...an incredibly inteligent person.  

NachoDude

Kexita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:41 pm
I remember thinking something similar to all this awhile back. The american naruto *does* have its problems, but it's not *that* bad. I'm actually happy it's on CN! (le gasp!) because unlike most of the population, im stuck in the stone age with dial up, and I can't download naruto like the rest of you lucky punks on dsl and comcast can. D: I can't even watch them on youtube. And reading the manga is nice, but it gets a little...dull afterawhile, knowing that I could be seeing the series with color and sound and voice acting.

If i just grin and...painfully bear the things that I don't like, (ie: naruto's "believe it!") i enjoy the anime on CN. Because if i just see something I don't like, or see something they messed up in the plot, I can just smile and nod, and know they don't really sound like that, and what really happened in the plot. 3nodding  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff