Reply Smash Help
general pointers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MyRO sinX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:08 am
hey im new to the guild, and ive been playing ssbm for a while now, but i was jsut wondering if anyone has some good techniques or general pointers for mario? hes my main character, and im ok with him, but i was just wanting some extra help...please smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:31 pm
gunyo89
hey im new to the guild, and ive been playing ssbm for a while now, but i was jsut wondering if anyone has some good techniques or general pointers for mario? hes my main character, and im ok with him, but i was just wanting some extra help...please smile

For Mario, there is but one strategy:
Wavedash and SHFFL like crazy.
Seriously.
Like nonstop.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

MyRO sinX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:05 am
hehe, thanks for the advice....saying that, ive never tryed either of those things before...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:04 am
Start wavedashing with Luigi. He's the easiest to do it with, because of his lack of friction. He slides all over the effin' place.

For Mario, I don't have too many tips. I play Ganondorf, with the occasional doc.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

MyRO sinX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm
hehe, i guess this is a bit trivial, but i actully managed to wave dash with mario within a couple of tries, through not effiecently. i find SHFFLing really hard though  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:50 pm
Not to brag, but my Doc is excellent (>__>), so if you have any specific Mario questions, feel free to PM me. I know the differences between Doc and Mario enough to accurately answer them.  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:45 pm
Ronin_686
Not to brag, but my Doc is excellent (>__>), so if you have any specific Mario questions, feel free to PM me. I know the differences between Doc and Mario enough to accurately answer them.

I believe it too. 3nodding

I do have one question though:

When I play my girlfriends Zelda, I have a hard time knocking here out. I can rack up the damage fine... it's just the killing her part. My question is this...

What's the best set of knock out moves for doc? I like bair, but it's ineffective on Zelda, and I have a hard time pulling off Fairs.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:04 am
SilentBlackTiger
Ronin_686

I believe it too. 3nodding

I do have one question though:

When I play my girlfriends Zelda, I have a hard time knocking here out. I can rack up the damage fine... it's just the killing her part. My question is this...

What's the best set of knock out moves for doc? I like bair, but it's ineffective on Zelda, and I have a hard time pulling off Fairs.

There's one Zelda player in my town.. and I've played him twice, lol. So I can't give you percents for her, but I can give you general killing combos. Bairs work great, Dsmashes work great, and Fairs work great. A Fsmash would work but it's range is very shitty.

Try a SHBAWD>Dsmash or just a wavedash>Dsmash. As you stated earlier, wavedashing is essential for Mario/Doc's game.

For Fair, it really does take practice to get the timing down. Probably Doc's most solid killing combo that works on every character on the game (At different percents, obviously) is Dthrow>Fair. Like I said, I do not have much experience vs. Zelda, so I can't give you a percent range. You can also punish your opponent's lag with a SHFFL'd fair to the face.

With bairs, try not to only SHFFL them or only waveland them. Try to mix up SHFFL'd bairs and SHBAWDS to keep your opponent guessing. You can kill most characters at a relatively low percent if you string about 3 or 4 consecutive bairs off of an edge.

:EDIT: Oh and, Ganon's fair is pretty similar to Doc's.. so adjusting to the delay shouldn't be that big of an issue.  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:23 pm
In my experience (maybe I'm just used to Ganondorf), but I find that Doc's Fair is slower than Ganondorf's. :shrugs: That's just me, but I could be very wrong.

Thanks for the tips. smile I'll keep those in mind. Nothing better than pulling off four Bairs in a row in my opinion. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:50 pm
SilentBlackTiger
In my experience (maybe I'm just used to Ganondorf), but I find that Doc's Fair is slower than Ganondorf's. :shrugs: That's just me, but I could be very wrong.

Thanks for the tips. smile I'll keep those in mind.

You may be right, I don't play Ganon at all.

Quote:
Nothing better than pulling off four Bairs in a row in my opinion. blaugh

I dunno, four or five consecutive uairs followed by a Dsmash is pretty sexy.  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

Quote:

Indeed they are. smile Too bad you aren't closer to Chicago. Let me know if you ever are. I love a good a** kicking. You know. When I'm kicked that is. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:10 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

Quote:

Indeed they are. smile Too bad you aren't closer to Chicago. Let me know if you ever are. I love a good a** kicking. You know. When I'm kicked that is. blaugh

Lol, Yeah I'll uh, be sure to let you know next time I'm traveling across the country 3nodding  

Ronin_686

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger
Ronin_686
SilentBlackTiger

Quote:

Lol, Yeah I'll uh, be sure to let you know next time I'm traveling across the country 3nodding

wink  
Smash Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff