Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Stupid cafeteria lady...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I shall cook...
  And steal your bed...
  And play video games all day...
  And be a total pain in the tushy...
View Results

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:09 am
Okay, I was playing on one of my dorms when I decided to let one of my sims help out in the cafeteria. So she puts on her uniform and gets to work, while the default cafeteria lady walks off. Next thing I know, she's refusing to cook anymore, refusing the leave, she's bragging to any of my sims she sees, getting in the way of everything my sims are trying to do, then she sleeps in one of my sims beds, and seeing as I have six beds in there and I have six sims, the sim with the stolen bed can't sleep on the sofa because of the speakers I put up there, meaning it doesn't work if she passes out either unless she goes outside. And she has an exam in 8 hours!

I'm thinking of killing that cafetria lady, now I know how to build on dorms. Anyone else decided to let their sims do the cooking for once and regretted it because of that stupid cafeteria lady?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:33 am
Yup 3nodding Happened to me too, the caf woman was just playing pinball the whole time and wouldn't come back to cook because she wouldn't get off the pinball machine. Then I deleted her and she came back and watched tele instead. I moved my sims out and back in again and that sorted it out, but it was really annoying to have to do so  

Chikiya

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:47 am
I've not had that problem with my cafeteria workers. They always seem to come back.
I DID have that problem with a coffee vendor on a community park though. I got my Sim to go and serve the coffee and the vendor walked off to play the guitar. She wouldn't come back after and there was a large que waiting for coffee. I might add another coffee machine just so there is always one working.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:01 am
I've never had my sims work in the cafeteria, now I probably never will. Lady, there's a reason you are called a "cafeteria worker" lol.  

ZombietasticGreen

Distinct Dabbler

9,525 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Random by Nature

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:49 pm
My cafeteria workers always come back, after a bit. Although, I've only had sims work in the cafeteria a few times.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Yes, I've had to kill cafeteria workers off a number of times. They're just as bad as the nannies sometimes. mad  

Siren Silence

Fanatical Phantom

15,250 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Canadian Ballerina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:12 pm
That's never happened to me. My cafeteria workers always come back as soon as my sims leaves. Though that did happen at a bar once, but it wasn't a real issue since it wasn't very popular anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:40 pm
-laughs- Whenever I run into a problem in the sims or if someone's just annoying the hell out of me, i kill them. get them into a small room, lock the door, and kiss 'em good bye. It works, keeps you on your track and schedual, and gets rid of some stress and solves TONS of problems.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Rone R

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:19 am
The British Osaka-san
Okay, I was playing on one of my dorms when I decided to let one of my sims help out in the cafeteria. So she puts on her uniform and gets to work, while the default cafeteria lady walks off. Next thing I know, she's refusing to cook anymore, refusing the leave, she's bragging to any of my sims she sees, getting in the way of everything my sims are trying to do, then she sleeps in one of my sims beds, and seeing as I have six beds in there and I have six sims, the sim with the stolen bed can't sleep on the sofa because of the speakers I put up there, meaning it doesn't work if she passes out either unless she goes outside. And she has an exam in 8 hours!

I'm thinking of killing that cafetria lady, now I know how to build on dorms. Anyone else decided to let their sims do the cooking for once and regretted it because of that stupid cafeteria lady?
Weird  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff